• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

U.S. soldier helps foil plot to blow up school in Denmark

Thank God!

Reading that gave me chills - I'm glad he was able to do what was necessary and it turned out well in the end.

Yeh it's an amazing story and also very chilling. To think that they are actively targeting schools should be a wake up call for many who still insist we play completely within the rules.

Yeh it's an amazing story and also very chilling. To think that they are actively targeting schools should be a wake up call for many who still insist we play completely within the rules.

Don't quite get the logic here- did the Cpt break the rules to foil this plot? It appears he played by the rules and accomplished the mission. What did I miss??? :confused:

The article also says the Cpt was awarded a DANISH medal so it appears Europe does understand the USofA is working very hard to try and contain the **** storm it created in the Middle East... :peace

Don't quite get the logic here- did the Cpt break the rules to foil this plot? It appears he played by the rules and accomplished the mission. What did I miss??? :confused:

The article also says the Cpt was awarded a DANISH medal so it appears Europe does understand the USofA is working very hard to try and contain the **** storm it created in the Middle East... :peace

No he did not break the rules it was more a general statement on how we are attempting to fight this kind of threat.

P.S If you think the majority of Europeans are understanding of the good work US soldiers do then good for you, on another note I have some magic beans for sale

No he did not break the rules it was more a general statement on how we are attempting to fight this kind of threat. P.S If you think the majority of Europeans are understanding of the good work US soldiers do then good for you, on another note I have some magic beans for sale

So the 'general statement' is just your opinion not backed by the facts in the article... :roll:

Now it's a MAJORITY of Europeans... :doh

Sorry Charlie i'd opine a MAJORITY of Europeans feel the USofA started this **** storm and doesn't have the ability (by the rules or not) to put the cork back in the bottle....

and if you think not playing by the rules can do that... I have a bridge over here you can buy... (it originally came from the UK- we got a deal on it, you can have it back- cheap)... :mrgreen:

Can we all at least agree targeting a school is a bad thing?

or are there those that feel that is OK too.

So the 'general statement' is just your opinion not backed by the facts in the article... :roll:

Now it's a MAJORITY of Europeans... :doh

Sorry Charlie i'd opine a MAJORITY of Europeans feel the USofA started this **** storm and doesn't have the ability (by the rules or not) to put the cork back in the bottle....

and if you think not playing by the rules can do that... I have a bridge over here you can buy... (it originally came from the UK- we got a deal on it, you can have it back- cheap)... :mrgreen:

Its a general statement backed up by the rules of engagement that we have been making stricter and stricter for the past two decades in both the US and European armies which is making it extremely hard for us to fight terror threats because we fear the collateral damage more than we fear the actual threat. This is a great story but this is pretty rare but shows what amazing work these guys can do when allowed to.
Also if you think that the US, NATO or any other Western country started the problems in the Middle East then I would suggest picking up a history book ;)

US soldier helps foil plot to blow up school in Denmark - CNNPolitics.com

Amazing story which I wanted to share because it highlights some of the work that the US does in the middle east which goes unnoticed by many Europeans.

Also just wanted to see Pete squirm :mrgreen:

Actually there is a problem with the story. The Danish government does not deny giving him a medal, but that is for his service to Danish forces in Iraq, not supposedly preventing an attack on a or more schools in Denmark.

The problem comes with who gave him the medal and that backs up the Danish version of the story not the American one. The Danish military put him up for the medal, and they can only do that if it involves them. If it had been for stopping a bombing in Denmark against a school, then it would have been PET, the police intelligence unit that would be putting him up for the medal.

On top of that only case I know of anyone wanting or thinking of blowing up schools was of a 16 year old female who wanted to blow up her own school and allegedly a Jewish school... so 2 schools, not one.

So the question is what the hell is this PR guy from the US military talking about and is it down to poor translation or miss-understanding? The Danish media did pick up the story but were as confused as I am and there has still been no resolution on the issue. It is rare that a non-Dane gets this medal btw and it is given out around 10 times a year.

Back
Top Bottom