• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

U.S. service members injured in Syria after skirmish with Russian forces

Rogue Valley

Lead or get out of the way
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent

Four troops have been diagnosed with mild concussion-like symptoms.

pentagon-gty-er-190415_hpMain_4x3_384.jpg

8/26/20
U.S. service members were injured after an altercation with Russian forces in northeast Syria on Tuesday, according to a draft military statement and a person familiar with the matter. Four U.S. troops have been diagnosed with mild concussion-like symptoms after the incident involving Russian and coalition armored vehicles, according to the statement reviewed by POLITICO. A second U.S. source briefed on the matter confirmed that multiple U.S. troops were injured. After POLITICO first published this story on Wednesday, National Security Council spokesperson John Ullyot confirmed parts of the encounter in a statement, but did not say the injuries involved U.S. troops. The incident occurred around 10 a.m. Syria time on Tuesday, when a routine security patrol encountered Russian troops near Dayrick in northeast Syria, Ullyot said. A Russian vehicle struck a coalition vehicle, injuring its crew, he said, adding that the coalition patrol then left the area "to de-escalate the situation." Ullyot condemned the Russian actions in the statement. The draft statement POLITICO reviewed, written by U.S. Central Command, said a Russian vehicle intentionally rammed a coalition vehicle, and that four U.S. troops were injured. The Russian vehicles unsafely pursued U.S. forces, according to the statement.

According to bystander accounts, the Russians tried to box-in the US vehicles and a Russian helicopter hovered low to place the US vehicles within its rotor wash.

Thankfully, no US troops suffered any major injuries. Clearly though, the de-confliction pact was not adhered to.

Related: US troops injured in collision with Russian patrol in Syria

According to bystander accounts, the Russians tried to box-in the US vehicles and a Russian helicopter hovered low to place the US vehicles within its rotor wash.

Thankfully, no US troops suffered any major injuries. Clearly though, the de-confliction pact was not adhered to.

anybody who has seen the videos will realise American forces were at fault they were blocking the road and when the Russians tried to manoeuvre round the road block, the American M-raps continued to try and block them by driving dangerously and a collision was bound to happen .... what Americans seem to forget every car/vehicle has a Dash Cam .... their stupidity was filmed and earlier in the week an American patrol attacked a Syrian road block near the same area of Syria killing 1 Syrian soldier .... the UN has recognised American forces are in Syria illegally not that America cares

anybody who has seen the videos will realise American forces were at fault they were blocking the road and when the Russians tried to manoeuvre round the road block, the American M-raps continued to try and block them by driving dangerously and a collision was bound to happen .... what Americans seem to forget every car/vehicle has a Dash Cam .... their stupidity was filmed and earlier in the week an American patrol attacked a Syrian road block near the same area of Syria killing 1 Syrian soldier .... the UN has recognised American forces are in Syria illegally not that America cares
It’s amazing seeing how your hate for America is so strong that it even effects your vision.

No unbiased person would watch that video and come to the same conclusion you just did.

But hey your extreme anti America views are pretty well known.

It’s amazing seeing how your hate for America is so strong that it even effects your vision.

No unbiased person would watch that video and come to the same conclusion you just did.

it's happened numerous times in Syria American M-Raps trying to barge Russian M-raps off the road ... you can clearly see Americans M-Raps blocking the road the US even shot up a Syrian Army checkpoint in there own country ... if the Americans tried to play that sh!t with Scots the Americans would be dead ... we don't play

2nd part .... not hate ... we don't trust Americans with your lies and deceit ... you are far from being the good guys you like to portray yourselves .... you're a backwards people .... most countries are starting to see your country for what it is a global bully

i knew this would happen

it's happened numerous times in Syria American M-Raps trying to barge Russian M-raps off the road ... you can clearly see Americans M-Raps blocking the road the US even shot up a Syrian Army checkpoint in there own country ... if the Americans tried to play that sh!t with Scots the Americans would be dead ... we don't play

2nd part .... not hate ... we don't trust Americans with your lies and deceit ... you are far from being the good guys you like to portray yourselves .... you're a backwards people .... most countries are starting to see your country for what it is a global bully

why is the US still in syria for protecting private oil companies?

Sorry if I don’t take the word of an obviously extremely biased person who clearly has no issue bending the truth.

the Russian trucks swerved over in to the US truck. That is undeniable fact. Sorry if you don’t like it.

Sorry if I don’t take the word of an obviously extremely biased person who clearly has no issue bending the truth.

the Russian trucks swerved over in to the US truck. That is undeniable fact. Sorry if you don’t like it.

if it was me driving i wouldn't bother to have swerved i would have went right through your M-Raps ... they shouldn't be there in the first place

if it was me driving i wouldn't bother to have swerved i would have went right through your M-Raps ... they shouldn't be there in the first place

Oh yeah. I am sure you are quite the right guy in real life too. Internet tough guys always are.

:lamo
It would be the new Culloden.

Here is the video. A RUSSIAN video which clearly shows the RUSSIANS accelerating then blocking the American causing the impact.

You are either mistaken or lying about the US being at fault.

Vehicle collision with Russians injures 4 US troops in Syria

Last edited:
It would be the new Culloden.

Here is the video. A RUSSIAN video which clearly shows the RUSSIANS accelerating then blocking the American causing the impact.

You are either mistaken or lying about the US being at fault.

Vehicle collision with Russians injures 4 US troops in Syria

Culloden was by in large a Scottish civil war by Catholic Highlanders if the whole of Scotland was behind them like southern Scotland the English & Welsh would have had a much smaller force and they wouldn't have gotten far into Scotland ... many of the Jacobites that died in Culloden were English from North west England as it was a Jacobite stronghold

i reiterate American forces are in Syria illegally even the UN has told them they have to leave they refuse to leave Iraq as well ... more and more countries don't want your presence in there country

and i am far from a internet warrior .... i have never been scared of anything in my life

Culloden was by in large a Scottish civil war by Catholic Highlanders if the whole of Scotland was behind them like southern Scotland the English & Welsh would have had a much smaller force and they wouldn't have gotten far into Scotland ... many of the Jacobites that died in Culloden were English from North west England as it was a Jacobite stronghold

i reiterate American forces are in Syria illegally even the UN has told them they have to leave they refuse to leave Iraq as well ... more and more countries don't want your presence in there country

and i am far from a internet warrior .... i have never been scared of anything in my life

Culloden was Brits kicking in the he Scots asses.

I gave you the order of battle and you are, as usual, in denial.

The RUSSIANS initiated this incident. It was no accident.

As to your claim to "have never been scared of anything in my life".

Culloden was Brits kicking in the he Scots asses.

I gave you the order of battle and you are, as usual, in denial.

The RUSSIANS initiated this incident. It was no accident.

As to your claim to "have never been scared of anything in my life".

you talk pee water it was a Scottish civil war between Catholics and Protestants ... the lowland Scots (Protestants) and Ulster Scots also (Protestants) fought against the Jacobites (Catholics) at Culloden because it was not Scotland V England .... if it was Scotland V England they wouldn't have got very far into Scotland and that's fact ... at that time lowland Scots hated Catholics more than the English

Nothing more impressive then an Internet tough guy.

Your such a bad ass.

you talk pee water it was a Scottish civil war between Catholics and Protestants ... the lowland Scots (Protestants) and Ulster Scots also (Protestants) fought against the Jacobites (Catholics) at Culloden because it was not Scotland V England .... if it was Scotland V England they wouldn't have got very far into Scotland and that's fact ... at that time lowland Scots hated Catholics more than the English

Order of battle for the English (the winners)

16 infantry battalions, including four Scottish units and one Irish

Royal Artillery, English

Royal Cavalry.

On the Jacobite side (The losers)

Mostly Scots but had English, Irish and French from the the Irish Brigade and Royal Ecossais.

Scotland lost to England.

Order of battle for the English (the winners)

16 infantry battalions, including four Scottish units and one Irish

Royal Artillery, English

Royal Cavalry.

On the Jacobite side (The losers)

Mostly Scots but had English, Irish and French from the the Irish Brigade and Royal Ecossais.

Scotland lost to England.

the British including Scots and Ulster Scots were fighting against a small army of 2500 who had support of 1/4rd of the population of Scotland .... them is the facts so it wasn't Scotland V England ya spoon

the British including Scots and Ulster Scots were fighting against a small army of 2500 who had support of 1/4rd of the population of Scotland .... them is the facts so it wasn't Scotland V England ya spoon

In other words the ENGLISH ARMY kicked the Scots asses.

The US Defense department has accused russian pilots of unsafe interception of their bomber near the Russian borders.

The US Department of whining forgot to mention that at this moment US military aircraft were making an unsafe approach to Russia...

The US Defense department has accused russian pilots of unsafe interception of their bomber near the Russian borders.

The US Department of whining forgot to mention that at this moment US military aircraft were making an unsafe approach to Russia...

or the fact it was a bomber

wrong ... silly boy

It wasn't the Scots that won the battle. It was the Scots that definitely lost it though.

The Battle of Culloden (/kəˈlɒdən/;[3] Scottish Gaelic: Blàr Chùil Lodair) was the final confrontation of the Jacobite rising of 1745. On 16 April 1746, the Jacobite army of Charles Edward Stuart was decisively defeated by a British government force under William Augustus, Duke of Cumberland, on Drummossie Moor near Inverness in the Scottish Highlands. It was the last pitched battle fought on British soil.
-Wikipedia

Last edited:

What a comedian!

It certainly not this persons hatred for America, it's the worlds hatred for America, a million and a half dead Iraqis aren't lying!

You're country is not invited into Syria, because your military only kills and murders, if they the prisoners aren't raped and buggered first in your secret prisons!

Your breaking every international law by dirtying Syrias territorial integrity and sovereignty, but little do bigots and racists worry.

You break the laws, hence you are hated..... stop breaking the laws.

You need to remember the dollar is on the point of collapse, financially you have been bankrupted by foreign entities, your people are going hungry, and very shortly if your not careful, you will receive the wrath you so richly deserve for nothing more than your own actions.

It wasn't the Scots that won the battle. It was the Scots that definitely lost it though.

The Battle of Culloden (/kəˈlɒdən/;[3] Scottish Gaelic: Blàr Chùil Lodair) was the final confrontation of the Jacobite rising of 1745. On 16 April 1746, the Jacobite army of Charles Edward Stuart was decisively defeated by a British government force under William Augustus, Duke of Cumberland, on Drummossie Moor near Inverness in the Scottish Highlands. It was the last pitched battle fought on British soil.
-Wikipedia

I know, I live just a few miles from the battlefield.

Back
Top Bottom