• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

U.S. Sent Cash to Iran as Americans Were Freed

Moot;1066158514[B said:
]Did Obama have authority from congress[/B] to go to war over the red line?

Anyway...the US owed Iran the money...and would lose credibility if it didn't pay it's debts.

No, but he had the power to use military force.

Lol !

We need to remain credible to the Iranian Shahs. To the largest State sponsor of terror ?

To the Nation thats vowed again and again to wipe Israel from the map ?

It's better than a nuclear war, Fenton.

Anyway....I don't know why you're all bent out of shape.....the article was written last January....it's old news. There's probably several threads about it in archives.

Did Obama have authority from congress to go to war over the red line?

Anyway...the US owed Iran the money...and would lose credibility if it didn't pay it's debts.

It isn't a, "debt".

Home

Iran-U.S. Claims Tribunal

Iran-United States Claims Tribunal » The Hague Justice Portal

General introduction
The Iran-United States Claims Tribunal, The HagueThe Iran-United States Claims Tribunal (IUSCT) came into existence as one of the measures taken to resolve the crisis in relations between the Islamic Republic of Iran and the United States of America arising out of the detention of 52 United States nationals at the United States Embassy in Tehran which commenced in November 1979, and the subsequent freeze of Iranian assets by the United States of America.

The government of Algeria served as intermediary in the search for a mutually acceptable solution. Having consulted extensively with the United States and Iran as to the commitments which each was willing to undertake in order to resolve the crisis, the government of Algeria recorded those commitments in two Declarations made on 19 January 1981. The "General Declaration" and the "Claims Settlement Declaration" or the "Algiers Declarations" were then adhered to by Iran and the United States. The Claims Settlement Declaration established the Iran-United States Claims Tribunal as the mechanism for bringing about binding third-party arbitration.

The Tribunal consists of nine members, three appointed by Iran, three appointed by the United States and three third-country members. On 1 July 1981, the Tribunal held its first meeting in The Hague.

By the way, how is a story that broke in January "Breaking News"?

You're the one that said you dug deeper. I guess you stopped digging when you found what you wanted.

$400 million sent to Iran as U.S. prisoners released, raising questions - MarketWatch

Ah. So in your everything-is-as-you-think-it-is world, BEFORE you mentioned anything about MarketWatch.com, I should have known that you got your info from MarketWatch, instead of seeing what you actually linked to - the WSJ...and I should have known to go to MarketWatch instead of a different site out of the hundreds of political sites out there.

In other words, guy, I CAN'T READ YOUR FREAKING MIND. I posted what I posted BEFORE you said anything about MarketWatch. I did NOT lie. You can accuse me of lying all you want...but all you're doing is making a false accusation because you're assuming that I knew about the MarketWatch site before I posted...whereas there's precisely zero indication that I did.

Next time, BEFORE you imply that someone's lying, FIRST show that they knew that they were posting something that was not true, and did so with intent to deceive. Otherwise, you'll begin getting a reputation as one who makes false accusations.

Anyway....I don't know why you're all bent out of shape.....the article was written last January....it's old news. There's probably several threads about it in archives.

We have them 400 milli9n to find their nuclear program.

Omg......Obama's pushed the ME towards a nuclear confrontation more than any prior American president

Or did Iran stop their long range missile development ?

No, but he had the power to use military force.

So you wanted him to violate the constitution and attack Syria without a coalition of allies and get us bogged down in another foreign war that we can't afford? Really?

So you wanted him to violate the constitution and attack Syria without a coalition of allies and get us bogged down in another foreign war that we can't afford? Really?

He should have backed up his big talk vice looking like a *****. Do you still wonder why the DNC got hacked?

No, I expected him to back up what he said and did not care how he did it.

Oh well then nevermind. Enough times elapsed to let Obama off the hook for giving 400 million dollars to the largest State sponsor of terror for 4 hostages

You understand that this is part of a tribunal that started under Carter right? It involved paying them money we owe them right? The tribunal involves many settlements between the two countries right? Of course you don't. It required rational thought which is way outside your wheelhouse.

Omg......Obama's pushed the ME towards a nuclear confrontation more than any prior American president

Or did Iran stop their long range missile development ?

If US had done nothing they would still be enriching uranium and building nuclear warheads.

We actually have more in common with Iran than we do Saudi Arabia...imo.

Unbelievable! And there will be Americans who justify it, who look they other way. Another check on my conspiracy theory that Obama has a plan to destroy this country. Can't wait to read the justifications for his continuous lies.

Are you volunteering to enlist in order to participate in the invasion of Iran? Because if you don't believe in diplomatic negotiations with them, and what we had going wasn't stopping them, then what's your alternative?

You understand that this is part of a tribunal that started under Carter right? It involved paying them money we owe them right? The tribunal involves many settlements between the two countries right? Of course you don't. It required rational thought which is way outside your wheelhouse.

You realize that Obama bypassed Congress by paying this ransom money, right?

Are you volunteering to enlist in order to participate in the invasion of Iran? Because if you don't believe in diplomatic negotiations with them, and what we had going wasn't stopping them, then what's your alternative?

Are you saying we should pay ransom every time a hostile foreign power takes American servicemen hostage?

Agreed to pay a settlement over military equipment before the Iranian revolution ?

Are you ****ing kidding me ?

This is just some Obama administration BULL**** meant to muddy the waters to cover up the fact that he paid Iran 400 Million dollars for 4 hostages.

Yes,...and the EU countries owe Iran even more than the US for the nuclear plants they promised to build and never did and the oil exports they received and never paid for. It is well known secret that one of the main reason the western powers put sanctions and refused to negotiate with Iran for so long was so they wouldn't have to pay back what they owed.

Last edited:
Are you saying we should pay ransom every time a hostile foreign power takes American servicemen hostage?

If we aren't willing to try a rescue mission, yeah.

That isn't even a valid question considering that the source for this thread clearly mentions the money was owed as a debt. You are generating your own small conspiracy theory about this situation to suit what you want to believe. Based on the article the payment was not a ransom.

He should have backed up his big talk vice looking like a *****. Do you still wonder why the DNC got hacked?

Backed it up with what?

No...I never wondered why.

Back
Top Bottom