• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

U.S. Senate hands Trump historic rebuke on Saudi Arabia

JacksinPA

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...historic-rebuke-on-saudi-arabia-idUSKBN1OC2S3

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The U.S. Senate delivered a rare double rebuke to President Donald Trump on Saudi Arabia on Thursday, voting to end U.S. military support for the war in Yemen and blame the Saudi crown prince for the murder of journalist Jamal Khashoggi.

The votes were largely symbolic because to become law the resolutions would have to pass the House of Representatives, whose Republican leaders have blocked any legislation intended to rebuke the Saudis.
===========================
But that situation may change in January.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...historic-rebuke-on-saudi-arabia-idUSKBN1OC2S3

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The U.S. Senate delivered a rare double rebuke to President Donald Trump on Saudi Arabia on Thursday, voting to end U.S. military support for the war in Yemen and blame the Saudi crown prince for the murder of journalist Jamal Khashoggi.

The votes were largely symbolic because to become law the resolutions would have to pass the House of Representatives, whose Republican leaders have blocked any legislation intended to rebuke the Saudis.

With as poorly as Congress functions, full of second and third rate people as it is, their opinion matters less than you might think.

When the democrats take over the House in a few weeks, they should raise this matter again. Lets see if the same senators repuke trump again.

If they do - then trump's days are numbered. It would mean the republican senators FINALLY have come to their senses and realised what a colossal failure this orange ***** has been.

With as poorly as Congress functions, full of second and third rate people as it is, their opinion matters less than you might think.

It will be more than just opinions in a month.

So whatever happens in Saudi Arabia good or bad Congress now owns? We all agree on that? I'm not saying I agree or disagree with trump but Congress better make sure defending this left wing darling benefits them in the end game

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

When the democrats take over the House in a few weeks, they should raise this matter again. Lets see if the same senators repuke trump again.

If they do - then trump's days are numbered. It would mean the republican senators FINALLY have come to their senses and realised what a colossal failure this orange ***** has been.
Yeah another trump is finished post. I'm not saying trump took the right position this time but I do wonder if the rest of you ever tire of being wrong

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom