• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

U.S. rejects Poland's offer to give it Russian-made fighter jets for Ukraine

Chainsawmassacre

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Poland called Bidens bluff and once again our weak indecisive president refuses to give Ukraine what they need when they need it. Putin bet on Biden -Harris being easy to run over and saw this as his window of opportunity and he obviously guessed right. People are calling this Putin's war but I'm going to start calling it Biden's war.

"WASHINGTON, March 8 (Reuters) - The United States rejected a surprise offer by NATO ally Poland on Tuesday to transfer its Russian-made MiG-29 fighter jets to a U.S. base in Germany as a way to replenish Ukraine's air force in its defense against invading Russian forces.

The United States has sought to speed weapons deliveries to Ukraine. But the prospect of flying combat aircraft from NATO territory into the war zone "raises serious concerns for the entire NATO alliance," the Pentagon said. "

Who wants to explain what really happened to the OP. I'm tired of teaching him.
Or I could explain it to you. When Putin was massing troops on Ukraine borders Biden refused to send Stingers because it
would be a “high risk” step that could ratchet up tensions with Russia.
Now he's taking the same timid stand with fighter jets.
Putin made a judgment call that Biden was weak and indecisive and Biden keeps proving him right.

"The Biden administration has ruled out the transfer of fighter jets to Ukraine because it would be a “high risk” step that could ratchet up tensions with Russia, the Pentagon said Wednesday."

Last edited:
"It's deja vu all over again.

"lawyers at the National Security Council have raised questions about whether providing lethal aid such as Stinger anti-aircraft missiles, and even actionable intelligence that could help Ukraine target Russian forces, would make the United States a party to the conflict under international law, the officials say.

The reasoning is it’s ‘escalatory’ — that’s the phrase I keep hearing"

Poland called Bidens bluff and once again our weak indecisive president refuses to give Ukraine what they need when they need it. Putin bet on Biden -Harris being easy to run over and saw this as his window of opportunity and he obviously guessed right. People are calling this Putin's war but I'm going to start calling it Biden's war.

"WASHINGTON, March 8 (Reuters) - The United States rejected a surprise offer by NATO ally Poland on Tuesday to transfer its Russian-made MiG-29 fighter jets to a U.S. base in Germany as a way to replenish Ukraine's air force in its defense against invading Russian forces.

The United States has sought to speed weapons deliveries to Ukraine. But the prospect of flying combat aircraft from NATO territory into the war zone "raises serious concerns for the entire NATO alliance," the Pentagon said. "

Can't fly them from a NATO airfield. That is to risk WWIII, an unwinnable nuclear conflict to end all life on earth.

This is Putin's war, tho I will not deny Biden looks weak, he had a 90 day run up to help the Ukraine prepare for this war, a time when we could have been helping them train and acquire weapons for this war, but really, we should have known this was coming from 2014 when Russia annexed the Crimea.

So Congress, Obama, and Trump are also equally to blame for being weak on Russian imperial aggressions. Not that nothing was done, from 2014, but a cohesive plan was never put in place. We should have been transporting Ukraine military recruits to the US and NATO bases for training with modern weapons and we should have been offering those weapons to the Ukraine on terms they could afford.

Who wants to explain what really happened to the OP. I'm tired of teaching him.
It's all an act...some people treat the forum as pure entertainment and oddly they are entertained by trolling people.
I have seen him be corrected repeatedly, only to see him pushing the same B.S. minutes later. It's all for shits and giggles for some.

Nothing has changed, cowards are always cowards

Can't fly them from a NATO airfield. That is to risk WWIII, an unwinnable nuclear conflict to end all life on earth.

This is Putin's war, tho I will not deny Biden looks weak, he had a 90 day run up to help the Ukraine prepare for this war, a time when we could have been helping them train and acquire weapons for this war, but really, we should have known this was coming from 2014 when Russia annexed the Crimea.

So Congress, Obama, and Trump are also equally to blame for being weak on Russian imperial aggressions. Not that nothing was done, from 2014, but a cohesive plan was never put in place. We should have been transporting Ukraine military recruits to the US and NATO bases for training with modern weapons and we should have been offering those weapons to the Ukraine on terms they could afford.
They would just be delivered from a NATO airfield not sent on a sortie. This is the same excuse Biden gave for not giving Ukraine Stingers until he was shamed into it by Germany doing so. Biden timidity and indecisive is why Putin decided now was the time and Biden keeps proving him right.

They would just be delivered from a NATO airfield not sent on a sortie. This is the same excuse Biden gave for not giving Ukraine Stingers until he was shamed into it by Germany doing so. Biden timidity and indecisive is why Putin decided now was the time and Biden keeps proving him right.
Except Biden is giving and has given Stingers to the Ukraine.

This marks the third time Biden has used his presidential drawdown authority to send emergency security assistance from U.S. stockpiles to Ukraine, and it brings the total commitment of U.S. security assistance to $1 billion for this year.

This marks the third time Biden has used his presidential drawdown authority to send emergency security assistance from U.S. stockpiles to Ukraine, and it brings the total commitment of U.S. security assistance to $1 billion for this year.
"Except" as I said Biden didn't give Ukraine stingers until after Russia invaded and after Germany gave Ukraine Stingers
This is the same excuse Biden gave for not giving Ukraine Stingers until he was shamed into it by Germany doing so

Biden is on record for delaying weapons aid to Ukraine until after the war started.

Biden is on record for delaying weapons aid to Ukraine until after the war started.

Those articles are from June 2021. According to this article, a $60 million arms package was completed in November.

For the hundredth time, no invasion while the strong leader Trump was President. People can talk all they want about what Trump said, did, or didn't do and the fact is, there was no invasion and no wars and no killings of soldiers while he was there.

The same people who screwed up in Afghanistan are running this new fiasco. Obama failures.

For the hundredth time, no invasion while the strong leader Trump was President. People can talk all they want about what Trump said, did, or didn't do and the fact is, there was no invasion and no wars and no killings of soldiers while he was there.

Peace did reign under Trump.

trump thinks Putin is a genius and Putin totally screwed up and didn't attack under trump. trump would have tied up our response and the West would not be united.

Major, major miscalculation by Putin. And now he gets to suffer the consequences for a decade.

Peace did reign under Trump.
And low gas prices and respect around the world of deranged world leaders like Putin, Kim Jung Un and Xi........these leftist clowns claim that world leaders didn't respect Trump and they mean leftists like the French, Canada, Venezuela, etc.

And low gas prices and respect around the world of deranged world leaders like Putin, Kim Jung Un and Xi........these leftist clowns claim that world leaders didn't respect Trump and they mean leftists like the French, Canada, Venezuela, etc.

And those gas prices! The whole thing is no more an academic abstraction to me. Two days ago I experienced something historic. For the first time in my life the dial as gas was pumped into my car hit the $100 mark. A few cents north of $100. That is historic. Never in my life has it ever been more than say $80 to fill up; irrespective of how empty the tank; irrespective of what international mischief was going on.

The only comfort I drew from that unpleasant experience was the satisfaction that Trump haters were also paying through the nose.

If the people involved had kept their yaps shut, this would likely have slid through as easily as the US supplying aircraft to the allies in the face of the prohibition on doing so contained in the "Neutrality Act".

PLANES ACROSS THE BORDER.JPG

Back
Top Bottom