• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

U.S. political activist linked to Russian agent charged with money laundering, fraud

poweRob

USMC 1988-1996
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
Seeing a very familiar right-wing theme here...

U.S. political activist linked to Russian agent charged with money laundering, fraud

A conservative U.S. political activist romantically linked to admitted Russian agent Maria Butina has been indicted by a federal grand jury on wire fraud and money laundering charges, the U.S. Attorney's Office in South Dakota said on Wednesday.

Paul Erickson, 56, was indicted on 11 counts of wire fraud and money laundering on Tuesday and pleaded not guilty to the charges in an appearance before U.S. Magistrate Judge Mark Moreno, the office said in a statement. Erickson's attorney did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

Erickson is a well-known figure in Republican and conservative circles and was a senior official in Pat Buchanan's 1992 Republican presidential campaign.​

A conservative U.S. political activist romantically linked to admitted Russian agent Maria Butina has been indicted by a federal grand jury on wire fraud and money laundering charges, the U.S. Attorney's Office in South Dakota said on Wednesday.

Paul Erickson, 56, was indicted on 11 counts of wire fraud and money laundering on Tuesday and pleaded not guilty to the charges in an appearance before U.S. Magistrate Judge Mark Moreno, the office said in a statement. Erickson's attorney did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

Erickson is a well-known figure in Republican and conservative circles and was a senior official in Pat Buchanan's 1992 Republican presidential campaign.​

Actually it's just a theme and calling it a right-wing theme, is just a lame attempt at priming the reader. Left to right, it's all just money and money has that kind of power over people.

Actually it's just a theme and calling it a right-wing theme, is just a lame attempt at priming the reader. Left to right, it's all just money and money has that kind of power over people.

This must be why Russia is such an impoverished backwater. They apparently spent practically all their money bribing every conservative in America to betray their country. :roll:

Last edited:
This must be why Russia is such an impoverished backwater. They spent practically all their money apparently bribing every conservative in America to betray their country. :roll:

Yeah, if around 2-3 conservatives can take about 55k a piece, that's still pretty reasonable. At least it's more cost affective than funneling millions to the democrats like has been done already.

As usual, the Russia defenders will come out with well-documented evidence and solid, logical arguments that there was no criminal activity among one of their own. /s

Yeah, if around 2-3 conservatives can take about 55k a piece, that's still pretty reasonable. At least it's more cost affective than funneling millions to the democrats like has been done already.

Left vs right = News vs conspiracy theories.

You forgot the fake, in "fake News".

Yeah... this current fight is about the sum of it.

Washington Post (left) vs National Enquirer (right)

I found it amusing that Ericcson was described as a well known figure in Republican circles-- and cited as proof his role as a senior advisor to the Buchanan 92 campaign.
For those not in the know, Buchanan challenged Bush that year for the GOP nomination.

Yeah... this current fight is about the sum of it.

Washington Post (left) vs National Enquirer (right)

Yes, they both publish fake news. But I would like to see where anyone can say that the National Enquirer is a right leaning organization. Seeing as it's still owned by Leon Cooperman. Who's been a democratic supporter and donor for some time.

The Enquirer isn't a normal publication. It is supermarket, vender trash and nothing more.

The Washington Post on the other hand, is a multibillion dollar news organization and can't help but post stories that would make the Enquirer itself blush. They posted a damn story a stupid joke told by Pete Hegseth. Which I would post here, but it's currently stuck behind their stupid pay wall.

So yes, in worth. The post outweighs the National Enquirer any day. However they are still fervently digging that exact same latrine, when it comes to their news coverage.

Yes, they both publish fake news. But I would like to see where anyone can say that the National Enquirer is a right leaning organization. Seeing as it's still owned by Leon Cooperman. Who's been a democratic supporter and donor for some time.

The Enquirer isn't a normal publication. It is supermarket, vender trash and nothing more.

The Washington Post on the other hand, is a multibillion dollar news organization and can't help but post stories that would make the Enquirer itself blush. They posted a damn story a stupid joke told by Pete Hegseth. Which I would post here, but it's currently stuck behind their stupid pay wall.

So yes, in worth. The post outweighs the National Enquirer any day. However they are still fervently digging that exact same latrine, when it comes to their news coverage.

Pecker, who owns the national enquirer, is trumps super buddy. Which is why all the headlines ran during the year before the election were smearing Hillary. It is a far right-wing rag.

No amount of your false equivalence carping will be close to honest on this.

Last edited:

How laughably and deliciously ignorant. Pecker owns the NI. Full stop.

WaPo uses words too big for people who can't accept the above as reality.

Fun!

Pecker, who owns the national enquirer, is trumps super buddy. Which is why all the headlines ran during the year before the election were smearing Hillary. It is a far right-wing rag.

No amount of your false equivalence carping will be close to honest on this.

If that's the case, you may want to look at your own stance on this, just a few more times.

The tabloid doesn't go for truth of any sort at this point and just goes for sales. Just like the other media groups, it doesn't matter who's at the top. They just want to make money and truth comes in at last place in almost all regards.

Though that's why there is an equivalence to all. Printing fake news, is still fake news and I really don't care if you hate the fact that they are printing bad things about Hillary, because any other tabloid would print the exact same trash. So long as it moved the papers reliably.

This is the same for both left and right groups.

How laughably and deliciously ignorant. Pecker owns the NI. Full stop.

WaPo uses words too big for people who can't accept the above as reality.

Fun!

Then it's good to know that you can't read it.
It's good to actually see some honest from you for once.

I suggest you read up on who Cooperman is, or at least try to.

If that's the case, you may want to look at your own stance on this, just a few more times.

The tabloid doesn't go for truth of any sort at this point and just goes for sales. Just like the other media groups, it doesn't matter who's at the top. They just want to make money and truth comes in at last place in almost all regards.

Though that's why there is an equivalence to all. Printing fake news, is still fake news and I really don't care if you hate the fact that they are printing bad things about Hillary, because any other tabloid would print the exact same trash. So long as it moved the papers reliably.

This is the same for both left and right groups.

Tell that to Pecker when he's in jail.

Then it's good to know that you can't read it.
It's good to actually see some honest from you for once.

I suggest you read up on who Cooperman is, or at least try to.

I know exactly who he is. It's why my statement stands and you're hilariously unable to refute it.

Good to see you running from your own words yet again.

Tell that to Pecker when he's in jail.

Acting blind to a simple fact, isn't helping here. In a vast majority of cases, these groups don't even care who gets hurt, or what party thrives off of their work. They just want to get paid and continue to get paid in that same order.

If you think he'll end up in jail, so be it. Though I should warn you to be disappointed. Because despite how much you want it to be true. You can't just jail a person because they are doing things that you don't like.

I know exactly who he is. It's why my statement stands and you're hilariously unable to refute it.

Good to see you running from your own words yet again.

Apologies, I keep having the hope that you would eventually upheave your own shortcomings.

Apologies, I keep having the hope that you would eventually upheave your own shortcomings.

Totally understand why you' have to turn tail and run.

Fun to watch but, ultimately, boring.

Sad, though, that you don't know who he is.

You forgot the fake, in "fake News".

It wasn't forgotten, we on the left knew someone from the right would fill in that blank that isn't there. Trump said over and over, mexico is paying for the wall. Fake news.

Totally understand why you' have to turn tail and run.

Fun to watch but, ultimately, boring.

Sad, though, that you don't know who he is.

In the land of the internet, this is probably the stupidest thing you've ever said.... and that's saying something.

I'm done with you now.

It wasn't forgotten, we on the left knew someone from the right would fill in that blank that isn't there. Trump said over and over, mexico is paying for the wall. Fake news.

If you're still taking that seriously, then you've got way more problems than just being a regressive.

If you're still taking that seriously, then you've got way more problems than just being a regressive.

I do enjoy reading responses from the right telling the left what the president meant when we all saw and heard him say what he meant. He told his base over and over and over, mexico is paying for the wall. How did we manage not to understand him when he kept repeating it?

But to put you at ease for future discussions, I don't take our president seriously, I think he's a bad joke.

Any modern investigation into prominent Americans will turn up dirt eventually. I support calls for an independent federal grand jury and special prosecutor to look into allegations that democrats are seeking to overthrow the American government. That is a more serious allegation than the idea that Trump may have been involved in Assange's release of Hillary's dirty underwear DNC emails.

In the land of the internet, this is probably the stupidest thing you've ever said.... and that's saying something.

I'm done with you now.

Thanks for proving my point.

Sad that you continually have to run from your own claims.

I accept your latest surrender.

Back
Top Bottom