• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

U.S. Plans ‘for Worst’ in Gulf, Seeing Risk in Leak Strategy

jujuman13

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Link
U.S. Plans

Quote(After the failure of an effort to seal off a well spewing oil one mile beneath the Gulf of Mexico, a top Obama administration environmental official said the government is “prepared for the worst” in case oil keeps gushing until relief wells are finished sometime in August.)

It is a great pity that the Obama Administration did not prepare for the worst some 40 days ago.

I guess it is not their fault that they had not prepared any type of response in a speedy fashion, because of course we all know the Oil Spill was Bush's fault, so the consequent lack of timely response must also have been Bush's fault.

Mr. Bush PLEASE get off your behind and do something about this situation!

You should read your source material. Here, let me help:

In the meantime, Ms. Browner said that the federal government was helping arm local officials with a number of remedies to clean up as much of the oil as possible. She said oil was being burned from the surface of the sea in 80 locations, that 1,400 vessels were skimming up oil in other places, and that booms were capturing much oil along the shore.

Looks like they have been doing something after all. Further, the use of the word "prepared" suggests that the planning for the worst has been ongoing.

Could the Obama administration done better? Of course. But the over the top hyperbole is just that, over the top.

Link
U.S. Plans

Quote(After the failure of an effort to seal off a well spewing oil one mile beneath the Gulf of Mexico, a top Obama administration environmental official said the government is “prepared for the worst” in case oil keeps gushing until relief wells are finished sometime in August.)

It is a great pity that the Obama Administration did not prepare for the worst some 40 days ago.

I guess it is not their fault that they had not prepared any type of response in a speedy fashion, because of course we all know the Oil Spill was Bush's fault, so the consequent lack of timely response must also have been Bush's fault.

Mr. Bush PLEASE get off your behind and do something about this situation!

So what you're saying is that the administration didn't get prepared fast enough for something that hasn't happened yet. I don't think you really are understanding what you read.

deuce read it again.

Back
Top Bottom