• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

U.S. outlook raised by Moody's

iguanaman

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
With the debt ceiling again looming this fall I hope Republicans will get a grip and not mess up our recovery any more. We don't need more brinksmanship or radical cuts in entitlements, we need GROWTH.

Moody's has raised its outlook on U.S. debt to stable, shedding the negative outlook that it has maintained for nearly two years.
The move reflects a decline in the U.S. budget deficit, which is expected to continue to shrink over the next few years, in conjunction with a moderately improving U.S. economy, Moody's said in its report released late Thursday.

Moody's also affirmed its top rating -- Aaa -- for the U.S. government, noting that the nation's "debt trajectory is on track to meet the criteria laid out in August 2011 for a return to stable outlook."

Moody's raises U.S. outlook - Jul. 19, 2013

With the debt ceiling again looming this fall I hope Republicans will get a grip and not mess up our recovery any more. We don't need more brinksmanship or radical cuts in entitlements, we need GROWTH.

$17,000,000,000,000 in debt not good enough for ya?

With the debt ceiling again looming this fall
I hope Republicans will get a grip and not mess up our recovery any more. We don't need more brinksmanship or radical cuts in entitlements, we need GROWTH.

LOL !! Oh yea, we're in the money NOW !!

Did " Moodys " get a load of that Bernake speach this week ??

That after 5 years, if he stops poisoning the economy with endless QE that the economy was going to " TANK " ?

Yes, Obama's economy, held up with TRILLIONS in printing, TRILLIONS in debt, a 1.8% GDP and Iggy's all excited....about something I don't know.

It's sad but people like Iggy kind of make it Fun too.

We have liftoff! Tea partiers grumble at favorable credit rating news.

It must suck to be a conservative nihilist and only hope for bad things to happen to the US.

LOL !! Oh yea, we're in the money NOW !!

Did " Moodys " get a load of that Bernake speach this week ??

That after 5 years, if he stops poisoning the economy with endless QE that the economy was going to " TANK " ?

Yes, Obama's economy, held up with TRILLIONS in printing, TRILLIONS in debt, a 1.8% GDP and Iggy's all excited....about something I don't know.

It's sad but people like Iggy kind of make it Fun too.

Looks like the collapse you're hoping for isn't going to happen, as investors realize. That must sting!

$17,000,000,000,000 in debt not good enough for ya?

Its' good enough for Moody's to raise their outlook and reiterate their AAA rating. I thought that was important to conservatives?

Its' good enough for Moody's to raise their outlook and reiterate their AAA rating. I thought that was important to conservatives?

It was only important when we were losing our AAA rating.

Good news never has the same oomph as bad.

If somebody gave me 85 billion every month I'd have a damn good credit rating as well.

It was only important when we were losing our AAA rating.

Good news never has the same oomph as bad.

I remember a youtube video of a tea party rally where they cheered when the announcement was made that the US's credit rated had been lowered due to the obstructionism of the tea party occupation forces in Congress.

I remember a youtube video of a tea party rally where they cheered when the announcement was made that the US's credit rated had been lowered due to the obstructionism of the tea party occupation forces in Congress.

Now that is asshattery.

BTW, apparently S&P, the agency that did reduce its credit rating, revised their outlook from "negative" to "stable" last month just like Moody's did now.

Nobody talked about it.

And a positive evaluation from "Moody's Investor Services" is important because????

It's one of those Nationally Recognized Statistical Rating Organizations (NRSRO's) that the SEC permits other firms to use for credit ratings. Like the ones who backed those Sub-Prime Mortages, Collateralized Debt Obligations, etc., that led to the sub-prime credit bubble which crashed in 2008?

The only people who care about Moody's ratings are investment bankers, mostly because now they can try to rook common investors again. "See folks, everything is A-OK again. Give us your money!"

Bah! Humbug! ;)

Back
Top Bottom