• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

U.S. Navy bans booze in Japan

No kidding, is it even possible to good behavior our way into the Japs good graces? Maybe, but we are not going to not send blacks and hispanics so their racism is always going to be a problem.

Still waiting for you to provide substantiation to your previous statements. They are appearing to be made up lies. And of course that being the case, then you know what that means...

Still waiting for you to provide substantiation to your previous statements. They are appearing to be made up lies. And of course that being the case, then you know what that means...

Being all vinegar and piss is not going to get you what you want.

If you want to talk to me you need to come up to my standards.

This is brain numbingly stupid, everyone knows that the local Japanese dont want us there, that they are always agitating, looking for things to complain about. To take this out on our people strains the credibility of our leadership. I have said in several posts over months that our Navy is a wreck, this more confirmation of that.

EDIT: It is time to bring the Ronald Reagan Home, there is no need for it to be in Japan, and in this climate it cant stay there. The Pentagon has to figure out fast that they have a morale problem thoughout the force, in both enlisted and the officer corps, and they need to address it...bringing this carrier home would help.

Yes how dare those Japenese complain about Rape and assualt....

They have to understand that when they host outsiders that those outsiders come as they are. Japan is a very low crime country, especially a low sex crime country, we Americans are never going to be like that in the foreseeable future. All they can ask is that we behave as well as we do at home, which I think we accomplish. The America bosses are not going to be able to spank the service members in Japan into being Japanese level crime people, and the Japs need to understand that. If they want our protection they have to deal with some inconveniences. I have NO sympathy for the Japanese position on this, it is unrealistic.

They have to understand that when they host outsiders that those outsiders come as they are. Japan is a very low crime country, especially a low sex crime country, we Americans are never going to be like that in the foreseeable future. All they can ask is that we behave as well as we do at home, which I think we accomplish. The America bosses are not going to be able to spank the service members in Japan into being Japanese level crime people, and the Japs need to understand that. If they want our protection they have to deal with some inconveniences. I have NO sympathy for the Japanese position on this, it is unrealistic.

That BS, when you're serving abroad in the armed forces you should be on your best behavior at all times. If you can't accomplish that then they should be banned from certain areas. Let's be clear as well the US is not an occupying army anymore and you need to respect local law and the people.
In Cyprus we were banned from going into Agia Napa because of past troubles. This meant we were limited in what bars we could visit and kept us from tangling with the locals.

Last time I checked "Japs" was a disparaging and offensive term. And your position on this matter is shameful. Not at all shocked coming from a Trump fan.

You have truly outdone yourself.

Yeah, according to him the Japanese should just lie down and enjoy it because that's the American way.

:roll:

Being all vinegar and piss is not going to get you what you want.

If you want to talk to me you need to come up to my standards.

Yeah asking you to substantiate your total bull**** with facts is beneath your standards.

That BS, when you're serving abroad in the armed forces you should be on your best behavior at all times. If you can't accomplish that then they should be banned from certain areas. Let's be clear as well the US is not an occupying army anymore and you need to respect local law and the people.
In Cyprus we were banned from going into Agia Napa because of past troubles. This meant we were limited in what bars we could visit and kept us from tangling with the locals.

Expecting Americans to act like Japanese is as unreasonable as expecting 7 year old boys to be as well behaved as 7 year old girls in our elementary schools. Zero tolerance policies trying to force the boys to act like the girls dont work either, even after we large scale drug up the boys on ritalin and the like.

And why do politicians get lucrative taxpayer funded pensions for a mire few years of screwing the Country ?

Because people vote party instead of for the best person for the job.

Most people I know either don't vote or vote party and have no clue who is even running or what they are doing. Voting at the local level is more important than the puppet in the White House. The president is owned by the rich and powerful and special interest along with most of congress. Party is irrelevant.When the bankers need money for their multi-million dollar bonuses, private planes, and world vacations because they screwed up both parties can't give it too them fast enough. That included Bush and Obama as well. It doesn't take a genius to see whats happening. But you do have to remove your party blinders and take a look at what is happening.

You can make changes at the local level. This is where you take back our government from the rich and powerful and special interest. Government has to serve people who are united. Government rules people that are divided.

About every other bathtub in Khobar Towers was in the process of fermenting a home brew. Everywhere we deployed, we deployed with 3 full size 'classified' safes which couldnt be inspected. And did anyone believe people REALLY needed to bring 6 bottles of 'mouthwash'?

Saudi Arabia had contractor compounds. UAE had beer nights (2 beers a week...ummmm.....riiiiiiiiiiiight). Kuwait also was a home brewers paradise. Turkey it was legal. There was less drinking in Turkey...and it was a lot more safe.

No smart soldier brings 6 bottles of moutwash or uses water bottles for vodka anymore, everyone wised up. I say that but only the smart ones figured it out, no one inspected soda bottles, I would leave a 2 liter of coke filled with dark rum in my locker, but every health ad welfare inspection, they would check every water bottle with a broken seal and taste test every bottle of mouthwash.

No smart soldier brings 6 bottles of moutwash or uses water bottles for vodka anymore, everyone wised up. I say that but only the smart ones figured it out, no one inspected soda bottles, I would leave a 2 liter of coke filled with dark rum in my locker, but every health ad welfare inspection, they would check every water bottle with a broken seal and taste test every bottle of mouthwash.
I can honestly say in 7 deployments they never once checked my gear and we never had tent inspections. Course...we were in the Air Force....

I can honestly say in 7 deployments they never once checked my gear and we never had tent inspections. Course...we were in the Air Force....

Thats why, over there the air force compound had walls surrounding it, not for safety, but so the army and the marines would not see how awesome they had it. I had to go in there a few times on details, and their logic makes sense, they had full washers and dryers, a top of the line gym, actual working air conditioning instead of machines that made noise and blew hot air. We had when we got there, an empty portion of desert, terrible food, no px etc.

We eventual built that camp into a decent place, but man any soldier who walked into that air force complex then had to return to what the army offered would either be depressed the rest of the deployment, or racing to call an air force recruiter.

Back
Top Bottom