• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

U.S. Navy bans booze in Japan

U.S. Navy bans booze in Japan

punish the class : a shortcut solution since kindergarten.

The whole having to treat grown-ass men and women like children sometimes is definitely one of the things I don't miss about being in the military.

If off base Liberty is going to be denied I don't know why on base drinking is also banned.

Because the boss(es) is/are stupid prick(s). It goes to show how devoid of leadership the Navy is. I will point out too that we know how badly the Obama WH tends micro manage areas outside of their expertise , I will not be at all surprised if I find out in the coming days that a "suggestion" was made to Navy officials to take make this move.

Because the boss(es) is/are stupid prick(s). It goes to show how devoid of leadership the Navy is. I will point out too that we know how badly the Obama WH tends micro manage areas outside of their expertise , I will not be at all surprised if I find out in the coming days that a "suggestion" was made to Navy officials to take make this move.

Oh FFS. Let's make **** up shall we? It's Obama's fault! :lamo

Oh FFS. Let's make **** up shall we? It's Obama's fault! :lamo

I said I will not be surprised to learn that incompetents in the WH drove this idiotic move.

I did not make a statement of fact.

We will know soon.

NOTE: Obama's lack of regard for his military commanders, and his distaste for the military overall, Is common knowledge. This has driven many many attempts of having incompetents in the WH run around the subject matter experts when it comes to his command of the military, every one of is ex Sec Def's say so loudly, with disdain.

Last edited:
If the military wasn't so rapey then maybe the Japanese wouldn't dislike their very presence, so that drastic measures like this wouldn't be necessary

I said I will not be surprised to learn that incompetents in the WH drove this idiotic move.

I did not make a statement of fact.

We will know soon.

NOTE: Obama's lack of regard for his military commanders, and his distaste for the military overall, Is common knowledge. .

"Common" indeed. Surely you can back up your assertion with facts?

This should be fun.

I think it's brilliant. One month of the sailors staying away from the restaurants, bars and other vendors surrounding the Navy bases, and the local merchants will be squealing like a pig about going broke.

I would almost bet that our military bad boy percentages aren't any worse than normal civilian bad boy statistics.

Screw them. We can keep our money.

Maybe we need to give go all Dungaree Liberty on their ass.

Thats kinda like the Philippines...they dont want us there til we are gone.

What ever happened to responsibility and accountability? Why attempt to hold everyone else accountable for one persons bad actions? History proves...this doesnt end well.

The Okinawans real beef is that the government in Tokyo treats them as second class class citizens. They have a percent or two of the total Japanese land mass yet have something like 3/4s of our people there. Strategically that may make sense but they view it as Tokyo ****ting on them some more. And given that many Okinawans feel at least some affinity to China and probably don't feel any real fear from the Chinese they'd probably be happy to see us go.

I'm guessing it's just a PR move. They have to do something to keep the natives from getting too restless.

The Okinawans real beef is that the government in Tokyo treats them as second class class citizens. They have a percent or two of the total Japanese land mass yet have something like 3/4s of our people there. Strategically that may make sense but they view it as Tokyo ****ting on them some more. And given that many Okinawans feel at least some affinity to China and probably don't feel any real fear from the Chinese they'd probably be happy to see us go.

I'm guessing it's just a PR move. They have to do something to keep the natives from getting too restless.

There has been an agreement in place since 1995 to move several of the bases. Over 20 years, and Tokyo cant make it happen, they have not even started.

I think it's brilliant. One month of the sailors staying away from the restaurants, bars and other vendors surrounding the Navy bases, and the local merchants will be squealing like a pig about going broke.

I would almost bet that our military bad boy percentages aren't any worse than normal civilian bad boy statistics.

Screw them. We can keep our money.

Maybe we need to give go all Dungaree Liberty on their ass.

I hadn't thought of that. They'll be screaming in a month.

I saw a source that said about half are stationed there...but thats still a whole lot of yen going into their economy. I know those GI cases get the high profile but I looked up a few Okinawan news Sources and its not like the locals arent committing criminal acts.

PR moves are only so effective and one thing we have proven is that where there is a will to get high, they will find a way.

Imagine we must respect their culture and behave as guess , too bad the liberals don't think the illegals here should follow that lead . :roll:

The manner in which our military serves us on foreign soil reflects upon us. Perhaps even more important, a base full of essentially idle drunkards is worthless if/when things suddenly go tits up with North Korea or China.

It is a temporary ban/restriction.

And we do it on almost every base/fort/post here in the USA when things get outta hand.

Imagine we must respect their culture and behave as guess , too bad the liberals don't think the illegals here should follow that lead . :roll:

You just gave me a good idea. I'm boycotting tacos and tequila.

It is a temporary ban/restriction.

And we do it on almost every base/fort/post here in the USA when things get outta hand.

With a statement that the travel ban will be lifted in the foreseeable future, the drinking ban not.

That's gotta suck.

Happened to us on the Inchon. We had a Lt. JG fall down a ladderwell, really muffed his arm up, had a guy fall off the sea wall in Naples, nearly killed him. After that, if you came back inebriated, you were toast. Not a total ban, just a very stern stop getting drunk.

I served on the Inchon LPH-12 from 1993-1997. Retired off of her.

:roll::roll::roll:

Leave it to a right wing extremist to make this poltical.

From 20,000+ people over months, ya, there will be 3 alcohol related events. It is the price of using humans to do the work.

What I like is the usual mindset of punish or restricting thousands of people who have done nothing wrong instead of focusing on the 3 problems people.

Back
Top Bottom