• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

U.S Military preparing to surrender to Taliban

I would have bailed out of there in 2008 if it were up to me.

That hell hole isn't worth the life of one more American soldier let alone the ones wev'e lost already.

Its a Country filled with tribes who are completely isolated from the Central Goverment who are stuck in the 7th Century.

i mean Reagan was not praising the Taliban it was the mujaheddin he was talking about..becuase that is who was fighting the soviets.
An the photo and caption does not say he was praising the Taliban, does it?

I think we are arguing against different things. Go look back at post #67. The picture is real. The quote is attributed 2 years later. That doesn't, by itself, make it false. Just a false impression. The question is, was he talking about these people or not. I think he was.

An the photo and caption does not say he was praising the Taliban, does it?

I think we are arguing against different things. Go look back at post #67. The picture is real. The quote is attributed 2 years later. That doesn't, by itself, make it false. Just a false impression. The question is, was he talking about these people or not. I think he was.

am i wrong?, if so i will withdraw what i have stated

i was under the believe you thought Reagan praised the Taliban, as people like to assert, to make Reagan look bad.

Reagen was talking about people who were fighting the soviets, because hey had killed their families, poised their wells, destroyed their villages

Reagen was talking about people who were fighting the soviets, because hey had killed their families, poised their wells, destroyed their villages
Yes.

Did I say otherwise?

Do you still stand by your words in post 21?

then i am wrong sir, and i admit it, i thought you said other -wise.
No problem. One of the issues without face to face conversation I guess, and time lags. Multiple topic, multiple posters. I get the wrong ideas at times.

War fighting an ideological minority of a large, barren country with places to hide and cross-able borders = not winnable. Never was.

Carpet bombing the whole country = more terrorists from other Muslim nations.

Do you not see the simple math here? Your calls for bombing a group of innocent people because of your sense of bravo and nationalism are completely ridiculous.

Back
Top Bottom