• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

U.S. Military Denies New Abuse Allegations at Ishaqi [changed title]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trajan Octavian Titus

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
And I hope that all of you judgement rushing pieces of **** burn in hell:

U.S. Military Denies New Abuse Allegations at Ishaqi

Officials Conclude Troops Followed Rules of Engagement
By JONATHAN KARL

byline_abcnews.gif

June 2, 2006 — Horrific images of Iraqi adults and children have fueled new allegations that U.S. troops killed civilians in the Iraqi town of Ishaqi. But ABC News has learned that military officials have completed their investigation and concluded that U.S. forces followed the rules of engagement.

http://abcnews.go.com/International/story?id=2032795&page=1

Re: Facts are in now troops cleared.

Trajan Octavian Titus said:

Well, all 5 people that were talking about alleged at abuse at Ishaqi are here.
http://www.debatepolitics.com/324484-post1.html

Harditha is the issue of the day. You weren't trying to mislead anyone by the title of this thread were you? :roll:

I don't think he realized the difference.

hipsterdufus said:
Well, all 5 people that were talking about alleged at abuse at Ishaqi are here.
http://www.debatepolitics.com/324484-post1.html

Harditha is the issue of the day. You weren't trying to mislead anyone by the title of this thread were you? :roll:

Same **** I know there's accusations in Haditha too, but just like this supposed "massacre" I am confident that the drive by media has jumped the shark with that one too.

Oh no you're right, I've only been on the Haditha thread for like a week now telling you people to chill until the facts are in.
You people? Purlease, have some respect for someone who hasn't even participated in that horrible thread.

Moderator's Warning:
from the stickied thread at the top of this forum

Guidelines & Rules - Please read *before* posting here.
2. The title of every post must be identical to the title of the news story headline. This is important as it helps to avoid multiple topics about an issue, while starting discussions out on a more neutral basis.
Thread title changed

This is unecessary and uncalled for.

Who exactly do you think you're addressing?

No one imparticular, that's why it's not a personnel attack which is acceptable as per forum rules, (they know who they are).
First you say it's not addressed to anyone in particular then you say they know who they are.

My question, how is it not specifically a slam on particular people if they know who they are.

LiberalNation said:
First you say it's not addressed to anyone in particular then you say they know who they are.

My question, how is it not specifically a slam on particular people if they know who they are.

Tell me how a blanket statement is a personal attack? Who specifically did I attack? Whose name was mentioned?

FYI words mean things:

Personal - 2. relating to one person: relating to a particular individual
Encarta ® World English Dictionary © & (P) 1998-2004 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

No one imparticular, that's why it's not a personnel attack which is acceptable as per forum rules, (they know who they are).

First of all, it is a personAL attack against many persons...mainly those who expressed opinions you didn't like. Second, there is a forum rule specifically condemning being a jerk which I believe calling other members pieces of **** and telling them to burn in hell specifically violates. Whether you specifically called them out by name or not is irrelevant.

Tell me how a blanket statement is a personal attack?
It is no longer a blanket statement when you say, you know who you are. You are personally attacking everyone who falls under the, you know who you are part of your attack. You meant it as an attack on people personally whether you named names or not trying to get around the rules for personal attacks.

Some one in this thread is a total dumb***, you know who you are.

Moderator's Warning:

This thread is getting no where very quickly. If anyone would like, please feel free to restart the thread minus the gratuitous abuse which is so apt to derail civil debate and discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom