• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

U.S. may be gearing up for Iran strike

Deg said: A lot are figureheads (Ahmedinejad), a lot are quite qualified for their positions (Ali Larijani, Ataollah Salehi), some are a bit stupid to be part of that group (Sadeq Larijani). Not all of them agree with each other and share the same ideals.

But Deg, I asked a specific question that you haven't answered. What are the backgrounds of the decisionmakers. You haven't even mentioned the specific factions vying for power and control. Rafsanjani and Ahmadinejad and Khamenei are not pulling at the same oar. You haven't mentioned the fact that Hillary Clinton said that Iran is becoming a military dictatorship with the growth of power of the Pasdaran. Why haven't you mentioned this.
Background entails a lot of things. If you want a complete analysis on each person in the SNSC, read a biography about them. I didn't mention the specific factions because you did not ask about them. You asked who makes the strategic decisions in Iran and I gave you the correct answer. The IRGC are not the strategic decision makers in Iran. There is no need for me to mention something that does not pertain to what I am answering.

Albert said: "How long before Iran's ballistic missile program develops ICBMs? Since Iran already has IRBMs, do you think it's just possible that they may attempt to extend the range of their ballistic missile program so that it becomes intercontinental?"

Deg said: "3-7 years according to most credible experts in the field. As to your second question, that is just silly. How limited is your knowledge in ballistic missile technology?"

Deg, I don't know why I am bothering with you. Take a good look:
Iranian missile may be able to hit U.S. by 2015 | Reuters

That article only affirms what I stated. That Iran can develop an ICBM within 3-7 years (5 is between those numbers you know).

The article does not address your silly proposition that Iran just magically extend the range of their ballisitic missile program. You have not factored in fuel propulsion. You have not factored in payload. You have not factored in expenses.

I will answer the questions as I see fit. Iran is a theocractic republic. If you disagree with that, state why. Otherwise, bugger off.

Bugger off? Isn't such language a violation of the Rules of the Forum? If the struggle is too great, lay down your sword and slink away. Sooner or later I will summon you again. Until such time you are dismissed.

What's the moral of this exchange? Don't screw with strangers unless you have skin like tree bark. It's best to be polite.

Does Iran need ICBM's.. You think the Taliban couldn't find a willing suicide bomber to detonate somewhere on American soil....You think Iran wouldn't give one of these weapons away to a willing terrorist group who would detonate on Israel or America? I have heard propaganda linking Iran supplying Taliban with arms. Not sure if this is truth or just strategic planning by the USA defense agencies...
You honestly think Iran would waste all these expenses on building a nuclear weapon, just to give it away?

The idea that terrorists will set off a nuclear suitcase bomb in America is pure sensationalism and only belongs in movies and fiction. It is not something that is realistically capable for decades.

Bugger off? Isn't such language a violation of the Rules of the Forum? If the struggle is too great, lay down your sword and slink away. Sooner or later I will summon you again. Until such time you are dismissed.

What's the moral of this exchange? Don't screw with strangers unless you have skin like tree bark. It's best to be polite.

Then report my post. Do not waste a post by telling me I'm in violation of the forum rules.

Deg said: "The article does not address your silly proposition that Iran just magically extend the range of their ballisitic missile program. You have not factored in fuel propulsion. You have not factored in payload. You have not factored in expenses."

Deg, the Reuters article referred to a DOD report that says it will be about 2015 when Iranian missiles can hit targets in what's left of America.

Those who are mortally wounded usually crawl away to bleed out.

There are many things I have not factored in, but I understand how to debate you.

You're the one who is personally attacking my character instead of the content of my posts.

You were torn apart by your own words.

I think you have a sterling character. I think you are a wonderful fellow. I think that you have deep expertise. I think you are very inexperienced in the infinite variety of adversarial tactics.

Then report my post. Do not waste a post by telling me I'm in violation of the forum rules.

I won't report you. That is something only weaklings do. I don't think you are generally a weakling. I think you're real smart, but you don't know how to fight with someone experienced with rough and tumble tactics.

Let me give you some advice. Never allow yourself to be provoked. I don't follow that advie all the time myself, but I recognize it's validity. Develop thick skin. No one can hurt you unless you let them. Go forth and sin no more. You have my blessing.

Deg said: "The article does not address your silly proposition that Iran just magically extend the range of their ballisitic missile program. You have not factored in fuel propulsion. You have not factored in payload. You have not factored in expenses."

Deg, the Reuters article referred to a DOD report that says it will be about 2015 when Iranian missiles can hit targets in what's left of America.
So how does the refute anything I posted about Iran being capable of creating an ICBM within 3-7 years?

I won't report you. That is something only weaklings do. I don't think you are generally a weakling. I think you're real smart, but you don't know how to fight with someone experienced with rough and tumble tactics.

Let me give you some advice. Never allow yourself to be provoked. I don't follow that advie all the time myself, but I recognize it's validity. Develop thick skin. No one can hurt you unless you let them. Go forth and sin no more. You have my blessing.

Do you honestly think commentating on someone's post is a "fight"? You are hardly experienced, this is self evident from your posts.

PS - No one needs or wants your "blessing".

So how does the refute anything I posted about Iran being capable of creating an ICBM within 3-7 years?

I told you before that I will be asking the questions and you will be answering them. You had an opportunity to grasp my hand in friendship for purposes of discourse. That opportunity is now gone. Accept your karma.

Do you honestly think commentating on someone's post is a "fight"? You are hardly experienced, this is self evident from your posts.

PS - No one needs or wants your "blessing".

I think something is bothering you. Go forth and sin no more. You have my blessing. Off with you until I summon you again.

I told you before that I will be asking the questions and you will be answering them. You had an opportunity to grasp my hand in friendship for purposes of discourse. That opportunity is now gone. Accept your karma.

Is this your Political forum?

If not you truely do not get to set the rules of debate or discourse.

BOOM!

If Iran is seeking nuclear weapons (which cannot be achieved in less than five years), it will be because it wants to use it as a nuclear deterrent. Not that they even have any capable delivery system for said potentional nuclear warheads. Of course, you can be like some people on here who believe Iran will build a nuclear suitcase bomb and have Hezbollah deliver it to the United States through Mexico. For the rest of us living realistically, Iran won't have a capable nuclear weapon within a decade.

I dont agree with this statement. France is selling nuclear technology to anyone who will pay. All the ground work is done. We know Iran has nuclear reactors and we know they have the ability to enrich uranium with these reactors. The question is, have they built the bomb? Why would one go to all the trouble to get all the pieces and not build it? Also during the 80's Russia backed Iran and I am not so sure Russia wouldnt sell this technology to Iran.

Absolutely I think Armedinejad believes its his God given duty to crush infidels. We already know America was playing politics within Iran which didnt go over too well. Then they tried to crush Iran in the war with Iraq. We in the West and Eastern Europe have evolved into a civilization who holds freedom and free will in high regard. This is a direct threat to their old ways. The would rather die then change. They believe their way of life is the way God intended them to live. Now you talk about the cost of a nuclear weapon and how no one would give away a nuclear weapon. We are not talking about rational people. We are talking about someone who probably believes he was sent by God to stop the Devil worshiping America!

I dont agree with this statement. France is selling nuclear technology to anyone who will pay. All the ground work is done. We know Iran has nuclear reactors and we know they have the ability to enrich uranium with these reactors. The question is, have they built the bomb? Why would one go to all the trouble to get all the pieces and not build it? Also during the 80's Russia backed Iran and I am not so sure Russia wouldnt sell this technology to Iran.

First off, there has been absolutely no evidence that Iran has a nuclear weaponization program. Second, it would take years for Iran to produce highly enriched uranium. Third, by most credible estimates, Iran will not be able to create a nuclear weapon within the next few years. (http://intelligence.senate.gov/090212/blair.pdf | http://www.dni.gov/press_releases/20071203_release.pdf).

Absolutely I think Armedinejad believes its his God given duty to crush infidels. We already know America was playing politics within Iran which didnt go over too well. Then they tried to crush Iran in the war with Iraq. We in the West and Eastern Europe have evolved into a civilization who holds freedom and free will in high regard. This is a direct threat to their old ways. The would rather die then change. They believe their way of life is the way God intended them to live. Now you talk about the cost of a nuclear weapon and how no one would give away a nuclear weapon. We are not talking about rational people. We are talking about someone who probably believes he was sent by God to stop the Devil worshiping America!

Ahmedinejad is not the only person who makes Iran's strategic decisions. Do you know who this is? Ataollah Salehi - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
What about Ali Larijani - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Back
Top Bottom