• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

U.S. Marine Reservist already charged in Jan. 6 Capitol riot case busted for fake Covid vaccine ID scam

Chomsky

Social Democrat
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal

A U.S. Marine Corps Reservist from New York who previously was arrested on charges related to participating in the Jan. 6 Capitol riot has been charged in a new case of conspiring to sell fake Covid-19 vaccination cards to fellow reservists
The reservist, 26-year-old Queens resident Jia Liu, is accused of conspiring with a nurse named Steven Rodriguez, 27, to defraud the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services in the fake card distribution scheme, according to prosecutors in U.S. District Court in Brooklyn.
“Rodriguez would meet the buyer, but instead of administering the vaccine he destroyed a vial of vaccine intended to be used to vaccinate a patient,” prosecutors said.

“He then provided a forged COVID-19 Vaccination Card to the buyer that he completed to make it falsely appear that the buyer had received a dose of vaccine. He further made entries in the Immunization Databases falsely indicating that the buyer had been vaccinated.”

[While there is a Covid component involved, the article thrust is that the perpetrator is one of the 1/6'ers charged in the Capitol incursion, so I'm dropping it into BN-MSN]

--

This is pretty disgusting, in that the perpetrators destroyed the vax doses that would otherwise have gone to a deserving individuals.

Well, now the 1/6 perps looking at two separate & distinct federal cases. How lucky can you get?

Chomsky:

Do Liu and Rodriguez for fraud and if aggregating circumstances can apply to fraud cases under US law, then throw the book at them. Since the military was involved and I assume they were both active military personnel during at least some part of their fraud, can they be done in a court-martial? If so a long stint at Leavenworth seems appropriate for this dastardly duo.

Cheers and be well.
Evilroddy.

I once took advanced training courses in the GRU (this is the Russian military intelligence service), I am not an employee of this structure, these were extra courses in my field of activity, but since I lived on their base, I naturally crossed paths with GRU officers and saw the training of future scout fighters, where one of the final stages of training is killing my own dog. Every fighter who comes there for training is given a German Shepherd puppy, which he is obliged to personally educate and train, and in half a year he will have to shoot him on the exam. A rather severe personal test for the stability of the psyche. Everyone who owned a dog understands perfectly well how difficult it will be to perform. But there are explanations for this, why such preparation is going on. These are saboteurs, where the destruction of civilians may be required to complete tasks, and the saboteur must be ready for this.

But how did American politicians prepare their population in such a way that they ignited such hatred between Republicans and Democrats, or rather between citizens who identify themselves with these parties?
Sorry, but the people involved in 1/6 were convicted by the court, and their punishment is imprisonment in the US penitentiary system. You kind of... there is no moral right to argue that he/they "deserve" something more or less than someone else.
These are your fellow citizens. The USA is not a party, it is not Republicans and not Democrats, it is primarily people. Sorry, but woe to the country where the hatred of some people for others is embedded in the database.

[While there is a Covid component involved, the article thrust is that the perpetrator is one of the 1/6'ers charged in the Capitol incursion, so I'm dropping it into BN-MSN]

--

This is pretty disgusting, in that the perpetrators destroyed the vax doses that would otherwise have gone to a deserving individuals.

Well, now the 1/6 perps looking at two separate & distinct federal cases. How lucky can you get?
A discharge is in order. Preferably a dishonorable boot out the door. The US military does not need criminals in its ranks.

Chomsky:

Do Liu and Rodriguez for fraud and if aggregating circumstances can apply to fraud cases under US law, then throw the book at them. Since the military was involved and I assume they were both active military personnel during at least some part of their fraud, can they be done in a court-martial? If so a long stint at Leavenworth seems appropriate for this dastardly duo.

Cheers and be well.
Evilroddy.
I believe the military will more than likely discharge him with a court marshal. Then the civilian authorities will get a crack at this scum bag.

--

Jia Liu? Lives in queens? Sounds like he’s the subject of racist discrimination by democrats, no surprise though. #stopasianhate

--

Yup

Someone else could have received the vaccine, how selfish!!

I once took advanced training courses in the GRU (this is the Russian military intelligence service), I am not an employee of this structure, these were extra courses in my field of activity, but since I lived on their base, I naturally crossed paths with GRU officers and saw the training of future scout fighters, where one of the final stages of training is killing my own dog. Every fighter who comes there for training is given a German Shepherd puppy, which he is obliged to personally educate and train, and in half a year he will have to shoot him on the exam. A rather severe personal test for the stability of the psyche. Everyone who owned a dog understands perfectly well how difficult it will be to perform. But there are explanations for this, why such preparation is going on. These are saboteurs, where the destruction of civilians may be required to complete tasks, and the saboteur must be ready for this.

But how did American politicians prepare their population in such a way that they ignited such hatred between Republicans and Democrats, or rather between citizens who identify themselves with these parties?
Sorry, but the people involved in 1/6 were convicted by the court, and their punishment is imprisonment in the US penitentiary system. You kind of... there is no moral right to argue that he/they "deserve" something more or less than someone else.
These are your fellow citizens. The USA is not a party, it is not Republicans and not Democrats, it is primarily people. Sorry, but woe to the country where the hatred of some people for others is embedded in the database.
We have let the politicians and the media lead us around by the nose. Turn off the TV, read a book.

I'm sorry.... you can't post that the U.S. residents who try to live by this or at least remind themselves of it daily are
the haters without attracting counter argument.

..It's not the way that you say it
When you do those things to me
It's more the way that you mean it
When you tell me what will be
And when you stop and think about it
You won't believe it's true
That all the love you've been giving
Has all been meant for you ..

May, 2019
"..Did Reagan ever mention that Linda Taylor was African-American?

He did not identify her race, and because of that, it’s been the subject of debate whether Reagan was personally racist. Welfare was a way, and continues to be today, for politicians to talk about race without talking about race.

He had other stories in which he would talk about "a strapping young buck" buying steak with food stamps.

He mentioned that on the trail in Florida. During the campaign, The New York Times was writing stories about Reagan and whether he was using dog whistles. Whether or not Reagan was personally racist, you have to be incredibly naive not to understand that this was a racialized issue. It was just understood that when you were talking about somebody who was stealing from public aid, that was widely assumed to be a black woman..."

Here Are All the Times Donald Trump Insulted Mexico​

https://time.com › Politics › Donald Trump

Aug 31, 2016 — Here's what Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump has said about Mexico and Mexicans, before and during his presidential campaign.

Trump Refers to Campaign Remarks Calling Mexicans 'Rapists'​

https://www.businessinsider.com › trump-mexicans-rapi...

Apr 5, 2018 — President Donald Trump on Thursday defended what was perhaps his most notorious remark on the campaign trail: calling Mexicans "rapists."

Last edited:
I'm sorry.... you can't post that the U.S. residents who try to live by this or at least remind themselves of it daily are
the haters.
Why can't I? Because I'm a Russian Orc? Because I'm writing from Mordor?
Where in the rules of this forum is it written that Russians cannot express their opinion?

I see a divided America, I see the outright hatred of some US citizens for others and the latter reciprocate, I have read here more than once how people laugh at ativaxers, wish them ruin or even death. The problem is not with me, but with you.
And forgive me, of course, I am writing this completely subservient to your splendor, but it is sad when the citizens of one country hate each other so much.
I don't like the American government, I don't like American foreign policy... but I have no complaints about ordinary Americans, they are people like me, like my neighbors, who live by their worries... and I had the courage, the audacity to write that it's sad that US politicians have managed to turn their fellow citizens against each other so much.
Well, I'm an orc, I hope the high elf will forgive me.

Where in the rules of this forum is it written that Russians cannot express their opinion?

I see a divided America, I see the outright hatred of some US citizens for others and the latter reciprocate, I have read here more than once how people laugh at ativaxers, wish them ruin or even death. The problem is not with me, but with you.
And forgive me, of course, I am writing this completely subservient to your splendor, but it is sad when the citizens of one country hate each other so much.
I don't like the American government, I don't like American foreign policy... but I have no complaints about ordinary Americans, they are people like me, like my neighbors, who live by their worries... and I had the courage, the audacity to write that it's sad that US politicians have managed to turn their fellow citizens against each other so much.
Your intelligence, sense of humor, and sarcasm make you an asset to this forum. Thank you for replying.
I'm assuming english is not your native language but only because you posted about your service in the Russian military.
I did edit my post before reading your reply because it was my intent to say I thought your post was unreasonable
and not impermissible. As originally worded, my post was deserving of your reaction.

Your intelligence, sense of humor, and sarcasm make you an asset to this forum. Thank you for replying.
I'm assuming english is not your native language but only because you posted about your service in the Russian military.
I did edit my post before reading your reply because it was my intent to say I thought your post was unreasonable
and not impermissible. As originally worded, my post was deserving of your reaction.
This has been quite an interesting exchange to read. Not what I expected when opening the thread, but fascinating.

Yes, there is a lot of hatred in America, and I am not happy with that. Hatred gets more attention than acceptance of different others, and there is a lot of money to be made from encouraging hatred so it is very reassuring to notice that many are not at all filled with hatred. They simply normally escape notice.

Misinformation is rampant and con artists are common. This thread is about a con artist who decided to profit off the misinformation that American FDA approved vaccines are 'not safe.' It is utter BS. They are extremely safe and should be widely used.

Back
Top Bottom