• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

U.S. Justice Ginsburg released from hospital after cancer surgery

JacksinPA

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...m-hospital-after-cancer-surgery-idUSKCN1OP0VT

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg, 85, has been released from the hospital after undergoing cancer surgery, a court spokeswoman said on Wednesday.

“Justice Ginsburg was discharged from the hospital yesterday and is recuperating at home,” spokeswoman Kathy Arberg said in a statement.
===========================================
I wish her long life & at least 2 more years on SCOTUS.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...m-hospital-after-cancer-surgery-idUSKCN1OP0VT

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg, 85, has been released from the hospital after undergoing cancer surgery, a court spokeswoman said on Wednesday.

“Justice Ginsburg was discharged from the hospital yesterday and is recuperating at home,” spokeswoman Kathy Arberg said in a statement.

I wish her a long life and hope she does the best thing for her family and retires asap.

I wish her a long life and hope she does the best thing for her family and retires asap.

The best thing for her family (and the country as a whole) is for her to stay on the court until Bone Spurs is out of office.

Mr. Trump is starting to wonder if God actually exists since His prayers have NOT been answered.

What a nasty thing to say.

[ ...]

It was a nasty thing to say about Trump, you know, the guy who said on TV , "let California burn".

Personally, I would say nice things about Trump but the problem is I can't think of anything nice about him

It was a nasty thing to say about Trump, you know, the guy who said on TV , "let California burn".

Personally, I would say nice things about Trump but the problem is I can't think of anything nice about him

Why then must we sink to the same level?

Even if she makes it two more years, Trump could get another term and another sc pick.

Why then must we sink to the same level?

In my view the election of trump is tantamount to a 5 alarm fire he's a threat to National Security. We don't have the luxury of being nice to this guy

Even if she makes it two more years, Trump could get another term and another sc pick.

Trump largely won by 80000 votes in 3 swing states which are mostly the Rust Belt most of them are now changing their minds about Trump

Trump largely won by 80000 votes in 3 swing states which are mostly the Rust Belt most of them are now changing their minds about Trump
Obama lost the House by 63 seats and the Senate by 6 seats the worst loss in 62 years and he won in 2012. Trump lost the House by 41 and gained in the Senate by2. So don't get your hope up.

Last edited:

It's really hard to beat an incumbent president. If anyone could lose to trump, it will be democrats that like to snatch losses from the hands of victory.

Obama lost the House by 63 seats and the Senate by 6 seats the worst loss in 62 years and he won in 2012. Trump lost the House by 41 and gained in the Senate by2. So don't get your hope up.

Massive gerrymandering lopsided that result, which is misleading, to wit:

gerry.jpg

Without gerrymandering, extrapolate a proportional result from the red side of the graph and Dems would have had far more than 40 seats.

The number of persons voting dems was far more than who have ever voted for repubs, flipped houses aside, and by virtue of that fact, I'm very optimistic.

It's really hard to beat an incumbent president. If anyone could lose to trump, it will be democrats that like to snatch losses from the hands of victory.

With most presidents, I will agree. All bets are off for this president, anything is possible. he might even get primaried. I hope he does not, for I'd rather have a dem run against trump than anyone else. Millions weren't innoculated against Trump, they were fooled, now they are wise to him, and it won't be enough to get those 80,000 votes back.

Massive gerrymandering lopsided that result, which is misleading, to wit:

View attachment 67246742

Without gerrymandering, extrapolate a proportional result from the red side of the graph and Dems would have had far more than 40 seats.

The number of persons voting dems was far more than who have ever voted for repubs, flipped houses aside, and by virtue of that fact, I'm very optimistic.
Yeah keep telling tour self that. :lol:

With most presidents, I will agree. All bets are off for this president, anything is possible. he might even get primaried. I hope he does not, for I'd rather have a dem run against trump than anyone else. Millions weren't innoculated against Trump, they were fooled, now they are wise to him, and it won't be enough to get those 80,000 votes back.

I am sure people have turned on trump but the dems can't go in thinking it will be a easy like they did in 2016.

I am sure people have turned on trump but the dems can't go in thinking it will be a easy like they did in 2016.

Dems never thought it was easy, but I'll admit we thought we would win, noting that we did win the popular vote close to 3 million. Thing is, no one foresaw that Trump would win via a fluke of the electoral college.

We do have the will of the people, and there is no way around that one. The will of the people is not defined by the EC, it's defined by the majority.

Dems never thought it was easy, but I'll admit we thought we would win, noting that we did win the popular vote close to 3 million. Thing is, no one foresaw that Trump would win via a fluke of the electoral college.

We do have the will of the people, and there is no way around that one. The will of the people is not defined by the EC, it's defined by the majority.
Hillary did not win a majority. So by your own definition the Democrats did not have the will of the people.

All the people wishing for her to die, especially the so-called Christians who are practically praying for it, are all satanic and I hope they burn.

It's already a tricky business waiting for someone to die to benefit you, but at least reserve it for people who do actual evil in the world. She has done nothing but offend your weak sensibilities.

Who are you to judge what is best for her family?

He will definitely be primaried. He will have a hard time fighting off challengers once the Mueller report becomes public IMO. The real question is who runs against him in the primaries.

By the same token democrats will have to learn you can't put up someone unelectable and expect to win just because the map looks good. Was a fan of Booker,but he really overplayed his hand during the confirmation hearings.

Fifty-five justices have retired from the Supreme Court since it was established in 1789 and 35 justices have retired since 1900. For this group, the average age at retirement is 73.6, or between seven and eight years younger than Kennedy's current age.

Ginsburg age 85.

He will definitely be primaried. He will have a hard time fighting off challengers once the Mueller report becomes public IMO. The real question is who runs against him in the primaries.

By the same token democrats will have to learn you can't put up someone unelectable and expect to win just because the map looks good. Was a fan of Booker,but he really overplayed his hand during the confirmation hearings.

Who do you think is the top GOP contender to take on the prez? My money is on Jeb. While the investigations mount, Jeb will look like the angel who comes to save the GOP from his faustian hell. There will be a come to jesus time at some point for the GOP. But this may come as bad news for dems, we want the faustian hell to grow so we can be the angels :)

That is not to say good dems wouldn't what is best for America, i.e., a choice between two competents, rather than one competent and one buffoon ( and I think we can agree on who the latter is ). But, even if the lower angels get the best of dems, we weren't the ones who elected Trump in the first place/

What say you?

Last edited:

why not-isn't that the foundation of all the big government schemes that the left engage in constantly?

Back
Top Bottom