• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

U.S. Justice Ginsburg released from hospital after cancer surgery

Okay, so link to that source.
I gave you a link to a Washington post article. And she fell asleep at Obama's 2015 State of the Union address and 6 months later at the Pope's address to Congress. She apparently gets lots of sleep.

Last edited:
Here is an article in Mother Jones too.

https://www.motherjones.com/politics/2018/11/what-cult-ruth-bader-ginsburg-rbg-got-wrong-obama-trump/

It’s not considered polite to point this out, but Ginsburg has been falling asleep on the bench during oral arguments for years. Back in 2006, she dozed off during a redistricting argument for a good 15 minutes—long enough for the courtroom artist to sketch her in repose. The Washington Post’s Dana Milbank wrote, “It’s lucky for Ginsburg that the Supreme Court has so far refused to allow television in the courtroom, for her visit to the land of nod would have found its way onto late-night shows.”

It’s not just oral arguments that are a problem. Ginsburg fell asleep during two of Obama’s State of the Union addresses and during Pope Francis’s 2015 speech to Congress—Justice Sonia Sotomayor had to give her a nudge to wake her up. If Ginsburg can’t put herself to bed at a reasonable hour to avoid falling asleep in public—a basic function of her job—what makes anyone so sure that her judgement about retirement was any more realistic?

I gave you a link to a Washington post article. And she fell asleep at Obama's 2015 State of the Union address and 6 months later at the Pope's address to Congress. She apparently gets lots of sleep.

You edited your post. The post I responded to was a claim of what the AP reported in your original World Nut Daily article, which apparently you’re a regular consumer of.

Who do you think is the top GOP contender to take on the prez? My money is on Jeb. While the investigations mount, Jeb will look like the angel who comes to save the GOP from his faustian hell. There will be a come to jesus time at some point for the GOP. But this may come as bad news for dems, we want the faustian hell to grow so we can be the angels :)

That is not to say good dems wouldn't what is best for America, i.e., a choice between two competents, rather than one competent and one buffoon ( and I think we can agree on who the latter is ). But, even if the lower angels get the best of dems, we weren't the ones who elected Trump in the first place/

What say you?

I think America has had enough of the Bush's even if Jeb would clearly have been better than Trump. That being said my guess will be someone like Corker. A grown up,good speaker who stood up to Trump for a long period.

My sense it will be independents,to the extent they can vote in primaries who will toss Trump aside. Also think if democrats are crafty they will do what they can to insure Trump wins in the primaries. Some states allow someone to vote for any party. In other states there should be an effort to have people to switch parties so they can vote for Trump. He has zero probability re-elected IMO.

And what will her plan be if Trump gets reelected?

Again, that is up to her, not you.

What don't you understand about that?

You edited your post. The post I responded to was a claim of what the AP reported in your original World Nut Daily article, which apparently you’re a regular consumer of.

1. That is a leap on your part
2. WND isn't the only one to Quote the AP reporter
3. Its not a secret she has been dozing off
4. A court artist sketched her mid nap on the bench
5. She nodded off in front of TV cameras at two State of the Unions and the Pope's address to Congress

What do you think the odds she hasn't been nodding off during arguments? If she is falling asleep during arguments yet still weighing in on the decision is that fair?
The AP

Last edited:
1. That is a leap on your part
2. WND isn't the only one to Quote the AP reporter
3. Its not a secret she has been dozing off
4. A court artist sketched her mid nap on the bench
5. She nodded of in front of TV cameras at two State of the Unions and the Pope's address

What do you think the odds she hasn't been nodding off during arguments? If she is falling asleep during arguments yet still weighing in on the decision is that fair?
The AP

How did you come across that WND article in the first place? I can tell you I certainly don't have it bookmarked and don't refer to it as any kind of go-to source.

How did you come across that WND article in the first place? I can tell you I certainly don't have it bookmarked and don't refer to it as any kind of go-to source.
Just did a search for Ginsburg sleeping on the bench. WND was using the AP as their source. The AP is reliable. How did you come to the conclusion that I am "a regular consumer of" WND. I don't usually use the Washington Post as a "reliable source" but I knew it would satisfy you.

Last edited:
Again, that is up to her, not you.

What don't you understand about that?

So basically you are saying the only reason why she is on the court is that Trump is president, correct?

Just did a search for Ginsburg sleeping on the bench. WND was using the AP as their source. The AP is reliable. How did you come to the conclusion that I am "a regular consumer of" WND. I don't usually use the Washington Post as a "reliable source" but I knew it would satisfy you.

The problem is that WND is inherently dishonest and they didn't like to the legitimate AP article. Also, when provided with a choice between a legitimate source like AP and an illegitimate source like WND, it's smart to choose the legitimate one.

So basically you are saying the only reason why she is on the court is that Trump is president, correct?

You cannot be this dense. She remains on the scotus because she is living and chooses not to resign. I can only guess her reasoning.
Not my decision...and emphatically not yours. What don’t you understand?

You cannot be this dense. She remains on the scotus because she is living and chooses not to resign. I can only guess her reasoning.

What is your best-educated guess? Do you believe she would have retired by now if Hillary Clinton were president?

Hillary did not win a majority. So by your own definition the Democrats did not have the will of the people.

That depends on you definition of "majority".

It is true that Mr. Trump attained a majority in the Electoral college, but only a total dunce would believe that Mr. Trump (62,979,636) achieved a majority in the popular vote. Unless, of course, you are a proponent of TrumpMath - which I understand you are - where 65,844,610 is LESS than 62,979,636.

Godspeed on your total recovery RBG! Now get back in that gym :yes:

That depends on you definition of "majority".

It is true that Mr. Trump attained a majority in the Electoral college, but only a total dunce would believe that Mr. Trump (62,979,636) achieved a majority in the popular vote. Unless, of course, you are a proponent of TrumpMath - which I understand you are - where 65,844,610 is LESS than 62,979,636.
You are acquainted with the term plurality or do they not teach that term in Canada? Hillary only received slightly over 48 percent of the popular vote not the 50 lus percent for a majority of the popular vote.

Last edited:
What is your best-educated guess? Do you believe she would have retired by now if Hillary Clinton were president?

Again not my decision.

A
The problem is that WND is inherently dishonest and they didn't like to the legitimate AP article. Also, when provided with a choice between a legitimate source like AP and an illegitimate source like WND, it's smart to choose the legitimate one.
WND had their facts straight. The quote from The AP speaks for itself.

She obviously doesn’t want to release her hands from the mantle of power or else she would have. Retired under Obama instead of risking a replacement under a yet to be elected President . I imagine she thought Hillary would win like most of the country

Wow! literally, everything was down a few hours ago and now everything is up!

This is what bottoms look like!

Well she is the best judge of how she wants to live her life, not you.

She may feel compelled to stay on the court because who is POTUS and the direction the country has taken....but she never chose to live a selfish life. If she feels she has a calling she needs to fulfill, who are we to judge?

I am not surprised you are refusing to answer the question.

I am not sure why the above answer does not suffice. I am not surprised that you do not comprehend the meaning. I do not think I was being vague at all.

But again, her choice...not ours.

Back
Top Bottom