• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

U.S. Justice Ginsburg released from hospital after cancer surgery

He will definitely be primaried. He will have a hard time fighting off challengers once the Mueller report becomes public IMO. The real question is who runs against him in the primaries.

By the same token democrats will have to learn you can't put up someone unelectable and expect to win just because the map looks good. Was a fan of Booker,but he really overplayed his hand during the confirmation hearings.

the Spartacus BS was almost as damning as Lieyawatha's complete fail on the DNA test.

Who are you to judge what is best for her family?

Also, it is clear she is not well. If that was my mother I would not be comfortable allowing someone like that working in her mid-80s.

Ginsburg age 85.

Your point?

Devalue the elderly?

You indicated that she needed to do it because it is the "best thing" for her family. Now you are changing your tune.

Also, it is clear she is not well. If that was my mother I would not be comfortable allowing someone like that working in her mid-80s.

If she maintains her mental faculties and is mentally competent. it is her choice.

I cannot speak for her, but if I were in her condition, health issues but mentally bright ….I would want to stay on the bench until Trump was out of office....for the SAKE of my family.

why not-isn't that the foundation of all the big government schemes that the left engage in constantly?

So you think bucky is the best judge of what is best for Ginsberg's family because of what?

So you think bucky is the best judge of what is best for Ginsberg's family because of what?

no I do not. maybe being on the court is what keeps her alive. The day my father died-after fighting cancer for 14 months (and beating it-it was the MRSA he got from a trach tube that killed him-three rounds of chemo and radiation left him wide open for the infection) he was found with a draft of the annual report of the company he had worked for 64 years on his chest. He told-and later wrote me (he lost his voice someway through the cancer) that "retirement kills more people than hard work".

however, the political side RBG champions is well known for wanting to tell us what is best for us. True, the bible thumpers do that to, but the entire foundation of progressive big government fans is people are too stupid to run their own lives in many areas and they NEED government to tell them what to do

She has fallen asleep during cases. It really is time for her to retire but I seriously doubt she will.

If she maintains her mental faculties and is mentally competent. it is her choice.

I cannot speak for her, but if I were in her condition, health issues but mentally bright ….I would want to stay on the bench until Trump was out of office....for the SAKE of my family.

I am worried about her health. I fear she is being forced to stay on the court.

Huh you think she would be that hard on her family?

I am worried about her health. I fear she is being forced to stay on the court.

Well she is the best judge of how she wants to live her life, not you.

She may feel compelled to stay on the court because who is POTUS and the direction the country has taken....but she never chose to live a selfish life. If she feels she has a calling she needs to fulfill, who are we to judge?

Well she is the best judge of how she wants to live her life, not you.

She may feel compelled to stay on the court because who is POTUS and the direction the country has taken....but she never chose to live a selfish life. If she feels she has a calling she needs to fulfill, who are we to judge?

How exactly will the country change if she doesn't stay on the court?

Huh you think she would be that hard on her family?

Lots of things are hard on families.

But my guess is that her family will understand (may not approve or like) but understand if she feels some sort of calling. My guess they know her better than us...and wil understand what drives her.

I have been an ICU RN for over 35 years and I cannot tell you how many stories I have heard from families about how they pushed mom/dad/grandma/grandpa to retire....then finally agreed and their health declined (physical mental) in short order. Guess what …..the families frequently feel a great deal of regret over pushing them to retire - they feel like that was the beginning of the decline.

My mother was pushed to retire before she was ready. They were pushing the senior staff to take deals and she obliged. She had a decline as well. About 3 years later they begged her to come back as a consultant and that year of consultancy perked her up greatly. Gave her more focus and drive. At that point she actually felt ready to retire on her own terms.

How exactly will the country change if she doesn't stay on the court?

Giving another SCOTUS pick to Trump?

You cannot be serious. Whether you agree or disagree with a conservative or liberal lean....you have to understand having the tilt way to one side could change things.

You cannot be serious. Whether you agree or disagree with a conservative or liberal lean....you have to understand having the tilt way to one side could change things.

you are certainly right-another Justice who believes as Alito or CT does-most state gun bans will be toast and there is a decent chance the silly Hughes Amendment is given the boot. that is the most obvious thing. Next to go would be the "Chevron Deference" standard -which would be a good thing-even though I used that argument successfully in at least 17 federal cases. I doubt abortion goes though. I suspect if a future congress tries to make homosexuality a protected trait under Title VII, that would be struck down too

Says who?
The Associated Press , there is even one of those courtroom artist schetches of her face down on the bench asleep. :roll: She fell asleep at a State of the Union address too.

https://www.bing.com/images/search?...607998553931973524&selectedIndex=0&ajaxhist=0

Serving on the highest court in the land is apparently a tiring affair for at least one Supreme Court justice who caught 40 winks on the bench, literally.

According to the Associated Press, Justice Ruth Bader Ginsberg snoozed during oral arguments today over political redistricting in Texas.

“The subject matter was extremely technical,” notes AP writer Gina Holland, “and near the end of the argument Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg dozed in her chair.”

Read more at https://www.wnd.com/2006/03/35058/#hom8WeFVR8zIWztr.99

https://www.wnd.com/2006/03/35058/

Last edited:
Trump largely won by 80000 votes in 3 swing states which are mostly the Rust Belt most of them are now changing their minds about Trump

Trump is president... please get over your upset about Hillary losing. :peace

And what will her plan be if Trump gets reelected?

Would it make a difference to you or not?

Okay, so you don’t have a legitimate source for your claim.

Do you have a legitimate source or not?

The subject matter was extremely technical,” notes AP writer Gina Holland, “and near the end of the argument Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg dozed in her chair.”

But the geometric discussion evidently did not interest Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg. At first, she appeared to be reading something in her lap. But after a while, it became clear: Ginsburg was napping on the bench.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/03/01/AR2006030102267.html?noredirect=on

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom