• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

U.S. Justice Department accuses Melania Trump book author of breaking nondisclosure pact

Rexedgar

Yo-Semite!
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent

Why would the DOJ file this complaint?

The First Lady is not a government employee; wouldn’t this be a private matter?

They're trying to argue that because the first lady historically takes a public-facing role, it's enough. I think I also saw something about them arguing that it matters that the agreement was written on official stationary.

Sounds like a hail mary to me. Idea probably being just to give Trumpists an easy dishonest line to brush aside anything in it, "yeah but they're suing so it must be fake!" Probable feel bad for 'em. People must get tired of saying that every time one of these "the best people" writes a tell-all, they're actually a horrible scheming disgruntled employee out for revenge.

DOJ is Melania's Trump's lawyer now...lol

Throw these bums out!

DOJ is Melania's Trump's lawyer now...lol

Throw these bums out!

Ms. Wolkoff's attorneys should argue in court that this DOJ "insertion" gives the appearance of witness intimidation.
She has given prosecutors evidence of Trump family treating the Inaugural Committee's outsized surplus as their personal piggy bank.

First Lady Melania Trump Secretly Recorded Venting About Criticism She Faced Over Border Separation Policies
www.insideedition.com.ico
Inside Edition|16 days ago
The Times also reported that Wolkoff has been cooperating since last fall with federal prosecutors in the Southern District of New York in Manhattan who are investigating the committee's spending ...

'What a fool I was': First lady's ex-best friend tells all in revenge book 'Melania & Me'
www.southcoasttoday.com.ico
southcoasttoday.com| 49 days ago
Wolkoff is cooperating with the investigations ... This tape ended up in the hands of federal prosecutors after Cohen's office was raided. Wolkoff was not pleased. Cohen pleaded guilty to tax ...

Back
Top Bottom