• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

U.S. Job Growth Unexpectedly Soared in July

Interesting news considering the slight uptick in unemployment claims, so for those out of work it's good to know the demand for jobs is still holding pretty strong. What I am curious to see over the next few months are the impact of large companies reducing their head count and slowing down hiring. In this report we see professional and business services continuing to add jobs, but much of what I'm reading and hearing is this will slow soon.
Please post links to what you are reading and hearing. I'd like to know about the upcoming slow down.

As usual you are looking at 2022 not 2021 when this mess started in this country, why is that? It is stunning how you blame the global economy for the results in this country when the global economy isn't in recession. Still no acknowledgement that the employment in July still is below the February 2020 numbers with a Democrat Congress and President
We get it; all the world's ills-including the global economy currently facing recession-is the fault of Joe Biden. We're convinced.

LOL
that was one of my main points . even with vaccinations people are still getting sick and NOT being able to go back to work.
and IF you are trying to imply that TRUMP had " Brutal HONESTY " that is a laugh how many THOUSANDS of lies did he tell the people of the US?
and again with a number of people dying from Covid/ getting Covid the work force isn't going to run out and go back to work if they think they may get it again.
and AGAIN for the umpteenth time I did NOT vote for Biden
Have a nice day
Biden said he would eradicate Covid, Fail, Biden said he would unite the Country, fail. Biden said he would return us to pre pandemic economic results, fail. Still you buy the rhetoric and are in the 33% that approve of his economic policies. Couldn't care less that you didn't vote for Biden you certainly defend him and his policies all because Trump did what other Presidents and Congress should have done capped your high state and local taxes from your federal return. Now back to the thread topic. do we have more people employed in July 2022 vs February 2020? What was the employment when Biden took office, what was the employment in February 2020. Research, stopy buying liberal rhetoric, you have a nice day

We get it; all the world's ills-including the global economy currently facing recession-is the fault of Joe Biden. We're convinced.
You also have no credibility, in this country are there more employed today than February 2020 pre pandemic?

So would you care to explain why we still aren't back to pre pandemic employment numbers 2 1/2 years later and what Biden policies have made this country better? Now it is Reagan taking a nap as the comparison between Biden and the GOP? Really? Have you ever listened to a Biden speech or watch a Biden Press conference as few as they are? Keep making excuses for poor liberal performance. Democrats Control the Congress and the WH and the results are there for all to see, wake up
GO back and READ YOUR own posts
Like you said people ARE still getting Covid LIKE the President
Have a nice day
Ignoring your run-on sentence, leave it to you to painting situations as bleak as possible when Democrats are in charge and ignoring anything that is positive.

Inflation is coming down — fast.

Gas prices, defying predictions of a nightmare summer for motorists, are leading the parade:

krugman050822_1-superJumbo.png

The majority of gas stations in the United States are already charging less than $4 a gallon, and declining wholesale prices suggest that retail prices still have farther to fall.

Food prices are also coming down. Here’s the futures price for wheat:

krugman050822_2-superJumbo.png

Now that your argument is being sawed off at the base, which is the same argument the GOP was staking the next election, I’ve been wondering what they’ll do. After spending many months doing all they can to dumb down the debate to $5 GAS!, Republicans will have a hard time suddenly pivoting to nuanced arguments about headline numbers versus underlying inflation.

So far, their main response seems to be to ignore the inflation slowdown and hope voters don’t notice. Here, for example, is Mehmet Oz, running to be a Pennsylvania senator, on Thursday:

krugman050822_4-superJumbo.png
It has been coming down at a rate of about 30 cents a week here in St, Pete it was 3.30 a gal yesterday at BJs
365 last week and 395 the week before
all good news and all people like Con can do is p-ss on it
yep Unemployment down, Gas prices down inflation slowing
Have a nice day

As usual you are looking at 2022 not 2021 when this mess started in this country, why is that? It is stunning how you blame the global economy for the results in this country when the global economy isn't in recession. Still no acknowledgement that the employment in July still is below the February 2020 numbers with a Democrat Congress and President
So, is the increase in jobs good or bad? That's your conflict. Inflation is in fact a global problem. Other countries are also tweaking their interest rates in an attempt to blunt inflation. But the most important thing is you've got to blame dems and Biden for all bad things and spin anything good to look like it is bad.

Your game is called "Yes . . . but!" and we all see it.

GO back and READ YOUR own posts
Like you said people ARE still getting Covid LIKE the President
Have a nice day

It has been coming down at a rate of about 30 cents a week here in St, Pete it was 3.30 a gal yesterday at BJs
365 last week and 395 the week before
all good news and all people like Con can do is p-ss on it
yep Unemployment down, Gas prices down inflation slowing
Have a nice day
Yes and you have a problem with the facts? Does Biden have Covid and tested positive?

I posted the gasoline prices in January 2021 what were they? another question with NY being a liberal utopia why did you move to Florida under DeSantis?

Why do you embarrass yourself by posting charts that destroy your credibility? What were gasoline prices when Biden took office? Your stunning loyalty to liberalism defies logic, common sense and the facts. What do you think Biden's new social spending bill is going to do to inflation? By the way you still haven't acknowledged that we are still below the pre pandemic employment levels of February 2020, why is that?
and did YOU ever think that the increase in gas prices went hand in hand with the oil companies using up all the cheap oil they stored from when the Saudi's and Russia had their oil priced war?
Got to love that FACT and the Right doesn't say a word about that all they want to do is blame it all on Biden.
the Price of oil went down to the area they were almost giving it away under Trump and that effected the US oil industry where they shut their wells down and a LOT of them went BANKRUPT and OUT of Business, and as I just said the refineries bought up and stored every drop they could and used it keeping gas prices down till they rem out of that cheap oil about the time Biden took office and then had to increase the price of gas but the people on the right don't say a word about that
it is ALL BIDENS FAULT
Have a nice day

Name calling is childish for nothing Trump did hurt anyone in this country as he generated the best results of any President in history during his first three years in office even though impeached twice....
Not only is the economic claim factually incorrect, I have to underscore, nothing? Did Donald Trump, who is still the dominant figure in the G.O.P., attempt to overturn a legitimate election? Your response is Gas is over $5 a gallon!

Are Republican judges and state legislators taking away rights women have had for decades?
Your response is Gas is over $5 a gallon!

and did YOU ever think that the increase in gas prices went hand in hand with the oil companies using up all the cheap oil they stored from when the Saudi's and Russia had their oil priced war?
Got to love that FACT and the Right doesn't say a word about that all they want to do is blame it all on Biden.
the Price of oil went down to the area they were almost giving it away under Trump and that effected the US oil industry where they shut their wells down and a LOT of them went BANKRUPT and OUT of Business, and as I just said the refineries bought up and stored every drop they could and used it keeping gas prices down till they rem out of that cheap oil about the time Biden took office and then had to increase the price of gas but the people on the right don't say a word about that
it is ALL BIDENS FAULT
Have a nice day
I asked you what the gasoline prices were in 2021 not after the Ukraine invasion? You really have a problem with facts don't you. Do we have more or less people employed today than pre pandemic? 33% of the Americans polled support Biden economic results and policies, why are you in that 33%. What was the inflation rate when Biden took office? Stop spouting liberal propaganda and post some data

I don't watch Fox as Fox and Trump are in your mind completely. It is amazing how little it takes to impress you with Biden and how hard it was to impress you with Trump as Trump rhetoric deferred from the results with people like you. Can you explain why you are in the minority with your support of Biden?

NO, the media and me focus on results, you buy rhetoric. 33% approval rating on the economy includes you, why?

The results continue to show that we haven't gotten back to pre pandemic levels and that is something you refuse to acknowledge

Wrong, 74 million got it right in 2020 with most of those going to the polls, the mail in ballots from people staying home voted for Biden. I focus on policies and results which you ignore. Stop projecting and do some non partisan research instead of buying what the media tells you.
Like 159 million vs 149.7 M ?

oh my goodness the country is going to hell in a handbasket because the economy has not achieved nirvana?

We must impeach Biden because the world is imperfect?

" The U.S. added a sizzling 528,000 new jobs in July and the unemployment rate fell to pre-pandemic levels in a muscle-flexing display for the economy. Yet the robust report could add to inflation worries and push interest rates even higher."

Didn't you mention something about "results " in your post?

You wrote,
The results continue to show that we haven't gotten back to pre pandemic levels and that is something you refuse to acknowledge

Would you remind me which statistic you're asking about? You're asking to compare the grand total number of people who had a job in Feb 20 to the grand total of people who have a job today? Like x millions vs y millions?

Did you already post a citation that can confirm that? Maybe I didn't see it.

Not only is the economic claim factually incorrect, I have to underscore, nothing? Did Donald Trump, who is still the dominant figure in the G.O.P., attempt to overturn a legitimate election? Your response is Gas is over $5 a gallon!

Are Republican judges and state legislators taking away rights women have had for decades?
Your response is Gas is over $5 a gallon!
Did Hillary try to do the same thing with the Russian lies? What does any of this have to do with the Biden performance? You really have a problem with states' rights don't you? Put abortion and marriage into the Constitution with an Amendment. You won't do that because you prefer whining and complaining to divert from the Biden disaster. Do we have more people employed today than February 2020?

As for gasoline prices gave you the link for what he inherited and still you ignored it as usual. Your charts do not support your rhetoric because you omitted 2021

oh my goodness the country is going to hell in a handbasket because the economy has not achieved nirvana?

We must impeach Biden because the world is imperfect?

" The U.S. added a sizzling 528,000 new jobs in July and the unemployment rate fell to pre-pandemic levels in a muscle-flexing display for the economy. Yet the robust report could add to inflation worries and push interest rates even higher."

Didn't you mention something about "results " in your post?

You wrote,

Would you remind me which statistic you're asking about? You're asking to compare the grand total number of people who had a job in Feb 20 to the grand total of people who have a job today? Like x millions vs y millions?

Did you already post a citation that can confirm that? Maybe I didn't see it.
Post 60 educate yourself and stop buying the rhetoric, 2 12 years after the pandemic began you are celebrating numbers that still haven't reached that level. What is it about liberalism that creates this kind of loyalty? Why aren't you celebrating the Biden 11% inflation and 33% support for his policies and results?

Biden said he would eradicate Covid, Fail, Biden said he would unite the Country, fail. Biden said he would return us to pre pandemic economic results, fail. Still you buy the rhetoric and are in the 33% that approve of his economic policies. Couldn't care less that you didn't vote for Biden you certainly defend him and his policies all because Trump did what other Presidents and Congress should have done capped your high state and local taxes from your federal return. Now back to the thread topic. do we have more people employed in July 2022 vs February 2020? What was the employment when Biden took office, what was the employment in February 2020. Research, stopy buying liberal rhetoric, you have a nice day
Apparently YOU have NO idea about the " Variants" of Covid, IF you would pay attention for once you would know there have been at least 4 or 5 of them and the great vaccine you keep crediting Trump with does not keep it under control.
and YES lets get back to the old stand by when you are losing the discussion " Biden's approval rating "
Have a nice day

Why would Biden have to say he'd eradicate Covid? Trump himself said Covid would go away by Easter 2020, or when it got warm, like a miracle.

Biden has presided over jobs numbers that are greater than pandemic economic levels. You just won't admit to facts. Employment in Feb 2020 was 152,504,000. Now it's 52,536,000.

Yes and you have a problem with the facts? Does Biden have Covid and tested positive?

I posted the gasoline prices in January 2021 what were they? another question with NY being a liberal utopia why did you move to Florida under DeSantis?
I have NOT "MOVED " to Fla. I am here to help my bother in law who just had HEART Surgery WED.
Have a nice day

Apparently YOU have NO idea about the " Variants" of Covid, IF you would pay attention for once you would know there have been at least 4 or 5 of them and the great vaccine you keep crediting Trump with does not keep it under control.
and YES lets get back to the old stand by when you are losing the discussion " Biden's approval rating "
Have a nice day
Apparently you have no idea of what Biden promised then failed to deliver. Asked you a question that you don't seem to have the maturity to answer, do we have more people employed today than in February 2020?

I have NOT "MOVED " to Fla. I am here to help my bother in law who just had HEART Surgery WED.
Have a nice day
What a great brother in law you must be, too bad you aren't much of a good American as you have no problem deducting your high state and local taxes from your federal return that pays for the operating expenses of this country.

Why would Biden have to say he'd eradicate Covid? Trump himself said Covid would go away by Easter 2020, or when it got warm, like a miracle.

Biden has presided over jobs numbers that are greater than pandemic economic levels. You just won't admit to facts. Employment in Feb 2020 was 152,504,000. Now it's 52,536,000.
Trump gave you the vaccine, FREE and I got my first shot on January 6, 2021. Biden lied which obviously you ignored

greater than the pandemic level? OMG, that is incredible, the economic shutdown put people out of work, 17 million of them returned by January 2021 before Biden took office and here we are 2 1/2 years later and you still cannot admit we have fewer people employed than February 2020. Post 60 gives you the true data which you want to ignore. 158.9 vs 158.3 million

Post 60 educate yourself and stop buying the rhetoric, 2 12 years after the pandemic began you are celebrating numbers that still haven't reached that level. What is it about liberalism that creates this kind of loyalty? Why aren't you celebrating the Biden 11% inflation and 33% support for his policies and results?

Which statistic are you asking about? Post a citation, someone else did,

@MTAtech answered already on #317

How about you post a citation too?

I'm not convinced you want America to succeed.

I asked you what the gasoline prices were in 2021 not after the Ukraine invasion? You really have a problem with facts don't you. Do we have more or less people employed today than pre pandemic? 33% of the Americans polled support Biden economic results and policies, why are you in that 33%. What was the inflation rate when Biden took office? Stop spouting liberal propaganda and post some data
and I pointed out the FACT that TRUMP had NOTHING to do with those prices going down it was the Saudi / Russian oil price war and after Trump let them drive the US oil industry out of business he FINALLY went to them and told them to cut production and RAISE the price of oil or he was going to STOP their Military aid and they did.
Did or did not the oil companies and refineries stockpile all the cheap oil they could buy , I personally know of one RR siding that is 3 tracks wide and about 2.5 miles long that had hundreds if not a thousand or more tanker cars full of oil sitting on it for months.
and again they stored it and used it up slowly until it ran out in late 2020 right before Biden took office and then the price of gas started going up and people on the right just want to blame Biden even if he had nothing to do with it
and seeing that there were OVER 100 LESS oil drilling / fracking oil companies then in 2020 because a LOT of them went BANKRUPT and OUT of Business in 2020, they have done a GREAT job of getting us back to producing the same amount as in 2020
and AGAIN we see YOU have to fall back on Biden's approval rating , you do that EVERY time you are losing an argument
Have a nice day

What a great brother in law you must be, too bad you aren't much of a good American as you have no problem deducting your high state and local taxes from your federal return that pays for the operating expenses of this country.
and NY and is STILL paying in a LOT more to the US government then they get back unlike TX
Besides how do you know I don't take the STANDARD deduction?
have a nice day

Which statistic are you asking about? Post a citation, someone else did,

@MTAtech answered already on #317

How about you post a citation too?

I'm not convinced you want America to succeed.
Post 60 gave it to you many times. I am convinced that liberalism which creates dependence isn't succeeding. You have a couple problems, you buy rhetoric and are civics challenged

Back
Top Bottom