• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

U.S. Jew charged in wake of botched Israel spying attempt

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Internet technology company employee is accused by FBI of spying for a country he thought was Israel.

An Akamai Technologies employee was charged with trying to give confidential company information to an undercover FBI agent he thought worked for a foreign government, U.S. prosecutors said Wednesday. Court papers indicated the country was Israel.

Prosecutors said the foreign government cooperated with the investigation and the complaint against Doxer did not accuse that government of seeking or obtaining the sensitive information.
Elliot Doxer, 42, worked in Akamai's finance department in Massachusetts and was charged with one count of wire fraud for providing customers with lists, contract details and employee information. He sought $3,000 in return, prosecutors said.
1637085362.jpg
U.S. Jew charged in wake of botched Israel spying attempt - Haaretz Daily Newspaper | Israel News

U.S Jew? Wow ... racist media. How sad.

Haretz is an Israeli company

And given that if it was a Chinese american who got caught spying for China it would and has been stated as a Chinese american

U.S Jew? Wow ... racist media. How sad.

Wut? Mentioning the guy's nationality and religion is racist?

Seems pretty relevant to mention the fact that a guy spying on America for the Jewish state is American and Jewish

Haretz is an Israeli company

Well, technically the article is from Reuters, but then the CEO of Reuters is also Jewish so . . . . . uhhhhh . . . . . yeah, it was still a dumb thing to say.

Wut? Mentioning the guy's nationality and religion is racist?

Seems pretty relevant to mention the fact that a guy spying on America for the Jewish state is American and Jewish

Could be a point. I wonder when they captured the spy ring from Russia that had lived undercover in the U.S. for years. I do not remember any mention of their religion. Were they whatever the major religion over there is?

The answer is no. There is a subtle type of anti-semitism here in the U.S. That is if you support the state of isreal and are jewish then there has to be a question of dual loyalties. This headline plays to that predjudice. Everyone knows that so why beat around the bush.

Could be a point. I wonder when they captured the spy ring from Russia that had lived undercover in the U.S. for years. I do not remember any mention of their religion. Were they whatever the major religion over there is?

The answer is no. There is a subtle type of anti-semitism here in the U.S. That is if you support the state of isreal and are jewish then there has to be a question of dual loyalties. This headline plays to that predjudice. Everyone knows that so why beat around the bush.

If they were spying for their church I would expect to see their religion mentioned. This guy was spying for the self-proclaimed jewish state. The fact that he was jewish is entirely relevant. Any anti-semitism you're reading into this report is of your own invention

If they were spying for their church I would expect to see their religion mentioned. This guy was spying for the self-proclaimed jewish state. The fact that he was jewish is entirely relevant. Any anti-semitism you're reading into this report is of your own invention

Good luck with that. Have you ever seen a report about an Irish spy during the wars over their being Catholic? Maybe you just live in a little world that sees nothing but your perspective. Have never heard of Jews being questioned about their dual loyalty.

What does a church have to do with anything?

Israel is the Jewish state, not as an extension of Judaism, but for the Jewish people, a signifigant percentage of which are entirley secular.

Now I'm really confused. I thought being Jewish meant belonging to a nationality, ethnicity, a people ie: Chinese, Russian, Dutch etc... which means that even an atheist Jew belongs to that nationality, ethnicity, people ...; but when someone mentions that someone spying for the Jewsih State is himself a Jew becomes racist ??? :confused::confused::confused:

Good luck with that. Have you ever seen a report about an Irish spy during the wars over their being Catholic?

You seem to have missed my point. My point was that in cases where religion is relevant, such as this one, I expect to see religion mentioned.

Maybe you just live in a little world that sees nothing but your perspective.

Insults are a poor substitute for debate

Have never heard of Jews being questioned about their dual loyalty.

Yes. What does that have to do with the question of whether mentioning the fact that a person spying for the jewish state is jewish is racist?

You seem to have missed my point. My point was that in cases where religion is relevant, such as this one, I expect to see religion mentioned.

The article said nothing about religion.

You are engaging in an obvious straw man argument here. Why?

Just an interesting tidbit for this thread. I was just on Yahoo news and there was a headline about the sentencing about the man who tried to blow up buildings in Dallas.

Appropriately in some of our opinions the person's religion was NOT mentioned in the heading nor in the article itself.

The article said nothing about religion.

You are engaging in an obvious straw man argument here. Why?

...it does right in the title. Either way, I don't think we're having the same conversation here. None of your posts have seemed applicable to the point I was making.

They certainly didn't neglect to mention that the spies were Russian.

How can there be subtle antisemitism in an article from a news organization where the CEO is Jewish that is posted on a major Israeli Jewish news site? Are these some of those self-loathing Jews?

OMG! here's another horribly antisemitic article:

Report: American Jew charged with attempted espionage

:scared:

Moderator's Warning:
The thread OP is not about anti-Semitism. Any further such derailment will result in a consequence.

Moderator's Warning:
The thread OP is not about anti-Semitism. Any further such derailment will result in a consequence.

I will not comment to others on this point if you do not think it is appropriate. If I may, I think you are not correct in your analysis. Whay point do think the OP was trying to make?

I will not comment to others on this point if you do not think it is appropriate. If I may, I think you are not correct in your analysis. Whay point do think the OP was trying to make?

I believe the point was that somebody was planning to spy for Israel. Our allies spy on us all the time as I am sure we spy on them. Israel is far from the only country that uses members of the diaspora to spy on others.

Moderator's Warning:
Comments in regards to moderation are NOT allowed to be made, publicly. Washnut is thread banned.

As DOL stated, the fact they were Russian was widely reported, the times ethnic chinese were caught spying for China it was reported they were of Chinese ethnicity. It is no different in this case, as a person who I would expect is ethnically jewish was caught spying for Israell, and the media would report if an ethnically Japanese person was caught spying for Japan

...it does right in the title. .

No, it did not. THere is no mention of the religion of Judaism at all.

Why are you indulging in these falsehoods?

No, it did not. THere is no mention of the religion of Judaism at all.

Why are you indulging in these falsehoods?

What are you talking about?

rh2er.png

In his own words

I am a Jewish American who lives in Boston
Link

Is this some sort of elaborate joke?

What are you talking about?

rh2er.png

In his own words

Link
Is this some sort of elaborate joke?

That establishes his ETHNICITY as has been pointed out to you several times already.

You insistance that it only refers to religion is duly noted.

Back
Top Bottom