• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

U.S. Jew charged in wake of botched Israel spying attempt

That establishes his ETHNICITY as has been pointed out to you several times already.

You insistance that it only refers to religion is duly noted.

Please show me any evidence at all that indicates he was referring to his ethnicity rather than his religion. In my experience people who self-identify as jewish are almost always referring to their religion (can't think of a counter example I've encountered in fact). Do you have any evidence at all to indicate otherwise?

Please show me any evidence at all that indicates he was referring to his ethnicity rather than his religion. In my experience people who self-identify as jewish are almost always referring to their religion (can't think of a counter example I've encountered in fact). Do you have any evidence at all to indicate otherwise?
I'm secular Jewish. So is my sister Shayah. So is Apocalypse. Our Jewish identity is primarily an ethnic identity. Israel is majority secular Jewish. If I were you, I would seriously consider re-tooling the old label gun.

I'm secular Jewish. So is my sister Shayah. So is Apocalypse. Our Jewish identity is primarily an ethnic identity. Israel is majority secular Jewish. If I were you, I would seriously consider re-tooling the old label gun.

The non-ethnic religious jews I know probably have the converse feelings. In the absence of any other information, I make decisions based on my experiences :shrug:

What about black jews? :shrug:

how about the majority of the citizens of Israel?

The non-ethnic religious jews I know probably have the converse feelings. In the absence of any other information, I make decisions based on my experiences :shrug:

Your experiences must be extrordinarily limited, then.

As DOL stated, the fact they were Russian was widely reported, the times ethnic chinese were caught spying for China it was reported they were of Chinese ethnicity. It is no different in this case, as a person who I would expect is ethnically jewish was caught spying for Israell, and the media would report if an ethnically Japanese person was caught spying for Japan

I'm sorry, but I've seen this sort of thing repeatedly here and it frankly is appears a very weak propaganda exercise.

the guy tried to spy, but was not "caught spying for Israell". He tried to spy for Israel but Israel did not cooperate with him and assisted the US in catching him.

So besides the misleading nature of the headline, the propaganda mileage people here are trying to get out of this is similarly disingenuous.

Back
Top Bottom