• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

U.S. is in Middle East ‘to protect Israel’ not for oil, Trump says

truthatallcost

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
Four days ago, Donald Trump said the U.S. isn’t involved in the Middle East for oil, but because we “want to protect Israel.” The comments have gone all but unreported in the mainstream press.Trump made the comment during a rally in Winston-Salem, N.C. on Sept. 8, when he was bragging about America’s energy independence, which he said Joe Biden would undermine if he gets the White House (minute 47)

"While I’m president, America will remain the number one producer of oil and natural gas in the world. We will remain energy independent. It should be for many many years to come. The fact is, we don’t have to be in the Middle East, other than we want to protect Israel. We’ve been very good to Israel. Other than that, we don’t have to be in the Middle East. You know there was a time we needed desperately oil, we don’t need that anymore. We have more than they do, isn’t that nice? After years of rebuilding other countries, we are finally building our country."

The American Conservative’s Barbara Boland is the only reporter who seems to have picked up Trump’s remarks. No one else cares, evidently.

Boland: "Do you remember all the arguments about why we are engaged in so many conflicts in the Middle East? And why we went to war in Iraq? And the mainstream default position is that it’s because of oil. Even though we lost concessions in Iraq."

These comments by Trump, the disrupter, tie into the long but shadowy pedigree of analysis from policymakers that we invaded Iraq to make Israel safer. Like the former head of the 911 Commission who said that the threat to Israel was the motivation for the war, but that was “the threat that dare not speak its name.” Or Colin Powell’s comment that we went into Iraq because the Secretary of Defense bought the neoconservative arguments of “the JINSA crowd,” referring to the Israel lobby group the Jewish Institute for National Security Affairs. Trump touches on a larger realpolitik understanding of the creation of Israel, that it helped foster unrest throughout the region. As the State Department warned that it would do, in the 1940s. But don’t expect anyone in our media to consider such ideas…

U.S. is in Middle East ‘to protect Israel’ not for oil, Trump says – Mondoweiss

Why didn't the U.S. MSM cover Trump's comments about Israel? Cable news channels CNN and MSNBC love to dissect every careless word Trump says, so much so, that they devote entire segments to analyzing comments that Trump reportedly said in private, when he wasn't being recorded. Just last week, the entire American media was in an uproar about comments Trump reportedly made to an anonymous senior official regarding the military. CNN spent hours upon hours on this story.

Trump basically validated what many of us have suspected for a long time, which is that our involvement in the middle east isn't for the benefit of the American people, it's for the benefit of the Israeli people, and their dual-loyalists in the American-israeli lobby. The American media's silence demonstrates their complicity and support for what Trump said.

Why didn't the U.S. MSM cover Trump's comments about Israel? Cable news channels CNN and MSNBC love to dissect every careless word Trump says, so much so, that they devote entire segments to analyzing comments that Trump reportedly said in private, when he wasn't being recorded. Just last week, the entire American media was in an uproar about comments Trump reportedly made to an anonymous senior official regarding the military. CNN spent hours upon hours on this story.

Trump basically validated what many of us have suspected for a long time, which is that our involvement in the middle east isn't for the benefit of the American people, it's for the benefit of the Israeli people, and their dual-loyalists in the American-israeli lobby. The American media's silence demonstrates their complicity and support for what Trump said.

Breaking news: SS wannabe creates another thread to hysterically scream about “the Jews”.

In other news, water is wet.

Why didn't you use your comment to bash Trump? Your usual response to a Trump thread is to criticize whatever Trump did or said. Not this time. Why?

Your crying about DA JOOS is as pathetic as it is moronic. If you failed in life, that's on you, not on a tiny fraction of the world's population.

Breaking news: SS wannabe creates another thread to hysterically scream about “the Jews”.

In other news, water is wet.
Summary of this thread:

-Trump confirms that the US' military presence in the Mideast is solely for the benefit of Israel, contradicting the talking points of both neolibs and neocons
-The media doesn't object to what he said, and no fact-check sites dispute it
- Hack posters attack the messenger, while not addressing the contents of the OP

Your crying about DA JOOS is as pathetic as it is moronic. If you failed in life, that's on you, not on a tiny fraction of the world's population.
Is there a reason why you can't discuss the OP? You said there needs to be a tightening of the b/f/t rules in another thread, but you're b/f/t your ass off now.

Summary of this thread:

-Trump confirms that the US' military presence in the Mideast is solely for the benefit of Israel, contradicting the talking points of both neolibs and neocons
- Hack posters attack the messenger, while not addressing the contents of the OP

Summary of this thread:

• Donald Trump babbles some random garbage, like he’s done literally dozens of times before.
  • The local SS fanboy desperately tries to pretend said garbage was an actual valid statement in order to “justify” his pathetic hatreds.
  • The SS fanboy whines when people point out reality.

Is there a reason why you can't discuss the OP? You said there needs to be a tightening of the b/f/t rules in another thread, but you're b/f/t your ass off now.

Now, what is the probability that there is any benefit to a deeper "discussion" with someone who professes nothing but hatred towards entire groups of people based on a pathetically stupid fake victim complex, a person whose only angle on any given subject is "DA JOOS"?

The threads you create are vehicles to advance your ugly agenda. No more, no less. And they usually follow the Daily Stormer's handbook to the letter.

The only reason we have troops all over the ME is to protect Israel? Good Grief, trump is a complete Idiot.

Summary of this thread:

Israel is a powerful and useful ally who strengthens the US position in the world. Of course we protect Israel -- like we protect NATO, Korea and Japan for example.

Summary of this thread:

• Donald Trump babbles some random garbage, like he’s done literally dozens of times before.
  • The local SS fanboy desperately tries to pretend said garbage was an actual valid statement in order to “justify” his pathetic hatreds.
  • The SS fanboy whines when people point out reality.
Which 'reality' did you point out? The OP was posted in Bias in the Media, because A) Trump said something that should be controversial, and B) the MSM didn't say a word about it. Isn't it the media's job to hold DC accountable, and correct the record? 'Random garbage' shouldn't be corrected by them?

Is there a reason why you can't discuss the OP?

Now, what is the probability that there is any benefit to a deeper "discussion" with someone who professes nothing but hatred towards entire groups of people based on a pathetically stupid fake victim complex, a person whose only angle on any given subject is "DA JOOS"?

The threads you create are vehicles to advance your ugly agenda. No more, no less. And they usually follow the Daily Stormer's handbook to the letter.

So you can't discuss the OP because you don't like who posted it. Yet here I am willing to discuss the OP, and I don't particularly like you.
Yet I'm supposedly the irrational hater here. Doesn't make sense, but ok.

Which 'reality' did you point out? The OP was posted in Bias in the Media, because A) Trump said something that should be controversial, and B) the MSM didn't say a word about it. Isn't it the media's job to hold DC accountable, and correct the record? 'Random garbage' shouldn't be corrected by them?

The media has corrected literally hundreds of Trump’s garbage over the years. His cultists don’t care. The MSM is not obligated to correct every blatant lie, especially when they are only being latched onto by anti Semitic idiots.

Israel is a powerful and useful ally who strengthens the US position in the world. Of course we protect Israel -- like we protect NATO, Korea and Japan for example.
I disagree. Our relationship with Israel makes us more vulnerable because a significant portion of the world sees us as being their bully protector. And a growing number of Americans feel the same. In fact, the largest growth in eligible voters in the last 20 years has been among demographics of the population who aren't supportive of American intervention or imperialism. We've seen several people from this demographic enter Congress, and many, many more will follow suite in the coming decades.
The era of conducting frivolous wars at will in the Middle East to extract resources and take out Israel's enemies is over. Even Trump refused the demands of the Israeli lobby to go to war with Syria and Iran. The future is not going to be Bush-era conservatism Jack.

The media has corrected literally hundreds of Trump’s garbage over the years. His cultists don’t care. The MSM is not obligated to correct every blatant lie, especially when they are only being latched onto by anti Semitic idiots.
Mondoweiss are conscientious Jews tiger. What do you want to discuss, ww2 again? I mean, I post unique threads on this forum, not the usual D vs R chicken feed.

Mondoweiss are conscientious Jews tiger. What do you want to discuss, ww2 again? I mean, I post unique threads on this forum, not the usual D vs R chicken feed.

Your particular brand of bullcrap is not particularly “unique”. Nor does it have any relation to the real world.

I disagree. Our relationship with Israel makes us more vulnerable because a significant portion of the world sees us as being their bully protector. And a growing number of Americans feel the same. In fact, the largest growth in eligible voters in the last 20 years has been among demographics of the population who aren't supportive of American intervention or imperialism. We've seen several people from this demographic enter Congress, and many, many more will follow suite in the coming decades.
The era of conducting frivolous wars at will in the Middle East to extract resources and take out Israel's enemies is over. Even Trump refused the demands of the Israeli lobby to go to war with Syria and Iran. The future is not going to be Bush-era conservatism Jack.
I don't predict the future.

Your particular brand of bullcrap is not particularly “unique”. Nor does it have any relation to the real world.
My critics don't accuse me of lying, instead they complain because I post truths that they object to hearing.

My critics don't accuse me of lying, instead they complain because I post truths that they object to hearing.

Oh you are definitely lying. You wouldn’t know the truth if it bit you in the ass.

I'm going to give you one chance to highlight any lies I've told then. If you blow it, then you're the liar here. Go.

Your claims on just about any domestic policy, especially immigration.

Your claims about minorities.

Your claims about foreign policy.

Your claims about history.

Your indulgence of the ZOG conspiracy theory.

All of those are just off the top of my head. There are a vast number of other examples.

Just like your hero Codreanu, you are full of crap.

Your claims on just about any domestic policy, especially immigration.

Your claims about minorities.

Your claims about foreign policy.

Your claims about history.

Your indulgence of the ZOG conspiracy theory.

All of those are just off the top of my head. There are a vast number of other examples.

Just like your hero Codreanu, you are full of crap.
You're saying that you disagree with my worldview tiger. Name SPECIFIC lies I've told, or admit that you lied.

Back
Top Bottom