• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

U.S. is closing in on doing something it hasn’t done since World War II — borrowing more money than

So you end up having to borrow more money, that has to be repaid with interest, that you didn't have to borrow in the first place, due to a lack of revenues, because you cut taxes for the wealthy, allow corporations to buy back their own stock, instead of retaining employees, and steadily increase military spending?

Get outta' here

There is no limit to Democratic Party hypocrisy. Pelosi has said that every American can die for all she cares, unless she can get 4.6 trillion more - most of which is for raw hundreds of billions each to Democratic politicians to do with as they please - while ranting about federal debt.

Never let a crisis go to waste. ;)

It does eventually.
prove it; I', not being flippant. We will never pay this debt. We simply pay the interest on it. So long as the world believes we will make our interest payments we are good. And we are nowhere near not being able to make those payments. And in the end, if all else fails, we will simply default. Fairly soon after a default, we will be borrowing once again.

Ever follow people who go bankrupt? Once the bankruptcy is discharged lenders line up to lend them money again; so long as they have a good job. Because they can't declare bankruptcy again for 7 years they are a pretty good credit risk. And you can charge them higher interest.

This party has a lot longer to run. We don't have to pay the piper for a long time yet; maybe never.

BTW: taxing the rich will never raise enough to balance the books.

He was not to blame. There was never any need to shut down the country. That was the left using covid19 and the destruction of our economy to gain control of our government. Sorry but those are the facts. The big box stores were allowed to open and all the mom and pop were put out of business. I never seen anything so disgraceful in my entire life.

Got nothing to do with “Trumpists”. Do you have any clue how the system works? The House orginates spending bills, not the President. Both the House and the Senate have to pass the bill before it goes to the President who signs it or vetoes it. Blame your royal queen Pelosi for increases - she loads up bills meant to help people with every form of Loony lib pork she can think off; she’s using the plight of the people to gain partiasan points.

Here’s my question for you: if you’re so worried about the deficit would rather have Trump NOT SIGN the emergency covid relief bills?

Got nothing to do with “Trumpists”. Do you have any clue how the system works? The House orginates spending bills, not the President. Both the House and the Senate have to pass the bill before it goes to the President who signs it or vetoes it. Blame your royal queen Pelosi for increases - she loads up bills meant to help people with every form of Loony lib pork she can think off; she’s using the plight of the people to gain partiasan points.

Here’s my question for you: if you’re so worried about the deficit would rather have Trump NOT SIGN the emergency covid relief bills?
The deficit is on trump as he has veto power and dems did not have majorities to override him.

The deficit is on trump as he has veto power and dems did not have majorities to override him.
Nice try, but total bullshit. Vetoing a relief bill would cause millions to suffer. The bills were the best the Senate and the House could work out.

Re: U.S. is closing in on doing something it hasn’t done since World War II — borrowing more mon

So, you are against extra unemployment and stimuluses?
I am not against it. The pandemic has created a unique situation.

Do you see nothing in the federal budget that could be cut or reduced and those funds going to the pandemic relief?

I am not against it. The pandemic has created a unique situation.

Do you see nothing in the federal budget that could be cut or reduced and those funds going to the pandemic relief?
Oh please. All the Democrats talk about is expanding healthcare by charging more to the US debt, paying reparations to slave descendants, forgiving student loan debt, offering free college, and fighting a very expensive losing battle fighting mother nature.

Oh please. All the Democrats talk about is expanding healthcare by charging more to the US debt, paying reparations to slave descendants, forgiving student loan debt, offering free college, and fighting a very expensive losing battle fighting mother nature.
Oh please. I have told you I am not a Democrat. Why do you constantly respond with that?
What part of my request about the federal budget and possible cuts/reductions to offset pandemic relief confused you? Was the question to hard?

Unless you are in your late 60's, I was a Republican longer than you.

What? You don't want our forests raked?

No worries.

The democrats will magically fix the debt/deficit problem, or just spin it as a positive.

I hope they hand out some decent lube this time when they **** the middle class all over again with their tax hikes.

Re: U.S. is closing in on doing something it hasn’t done since World War II — borrowing more mon

fiscal conservatives and constitutionalists.

absent.

bunch of liars and fakes.

Well, it's not any different than your types who just poo poo our national debt right?

No worries.

The democrats will magically fix the debt/deficit problem, or just spin it as a positive.

I hope they hand out some decent lube this time when they **** the middle class all over again with their tax hikes.

What?

No mention of the Republicans part in all of this?

Why?

So, you are in favor of no extra unemployment and no stimuluses?

So you are in favor of just kicking the can down the road like everyone else?

*SIGH*

Well at least when the dems spend, it benefits the people. When republicans spend, the money just vanishes. Where did it go?

Well at least when the dems spend, it benefits the people.

So much so that the spending never ends(wink)

Yes, those democrats really help people!!!!!(LOL)

So you are in favor of just kicking the can down the road like everyone else?

*SIGH*
Sounds to me like all you want to do is criticize. What would your plan be? And don't generalize.

Bush doubled the debt.

Obama doubled the debt.

The Congress wants to bail out the bankrupt states.

I just heard on a business news show that 26% of all of the money put into circulation by the US in history was circulated this year.

It's only a matter of time until we're pre-war Germany. It's been a while since ANYONE spending money out of our treasury had any concern whatever for anything by enriching themselves.

What's your point?

Bush doubled the debt.

Obama doubled the debt.

The Congress wants to bail out the bankrupt states.

I just heard on a business news show that 26% of all of the money put into circulation by the US in history was circulated this year.

It's only a matter of time until we're pre-war Germany. It's been a while since ANYONE spending money out of our treasury had any concern whatever for anything by enriching themselves.

What's your point?

obama didnt double the debt and he lowered deficits..

Well, it's not any different than your types who just poo poo our national debt right?
hang on.

wasn't your boy (the financial genius who is really broke and under investigation) gonna wipe out our debt with his brilliant mind??

Back
Top Bottom