• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

U.S. intelligence chiefs contradict Trump on North Korea, Iran, and ISIS

He also said that "he hires the best people," the same best people that he has driven from the White House. The same best people that have been embroiled in insider stock trading, self-dealing, abuse of government owned aircraft for personal use, and more.

There's also the point of hiring people and not being able to retain them; the retention rate has been pretty dire.

I suspect they are credible to those who have indicted Russians based on the evidence they have gathered.

And yet the evidence supporting those indictments are still secret and the specifics of the charges have still not been made known. We do not know if these charges have anything to do with Russian meddling of a particular sort, what was it was exactly that was allegedly done that was supposedly illegal, and we have seen absolutely no irrefutable evidence to support any charges in particular no matter what types of crimes were allegedly committed in particular. In other words, apart from the fact that some people have been charged we know absolutely no other facts of the case.

I don't see how he recovers from this. This is such a huge blow to Trump and the Republican Party. There needs to be an investigation on how deep Partisan/GOP infiltration of our institutions has gone, and for how long.

Look at how our military has performed and how it has been used since WW2 and how much we spend on it and how often military men have either not told us the truth or else have allowed politicians to lie towards the citizens for the answer.

Now they are on the right side?

Flynn's the only one who isn't on the "right" side. Or wasn't. The retired three-star is trying desperately to get back into the good graces of the society he was supposed to have been serving. That would be America -- y'know, the country you have forsaken.

Every last one of them need to be fired and fired now. You don't get to disagree and contradict your POTUS. Trump knows so much more than any of them and everyone knows it. Fire them now!

I've said from the outset and reiterate Trump will do himself in on national sovereignty, national security, global stability and security. The wall is a big Trump ado which does not move the needle with these guys. Putin and Trump move the needle with these guys. When Putin's meter light goes on Trump's meter needle jumps. These guys have seen and known this for more than two years running.

Of course, that begs the question "why would you want to make an argument from a position of ignorance?"

I’ve noticed for certain posters that is a feature, not a bug.

As to the topic - I wish I could explain what sort of idiocy goes on in that man’s head. I get wanting to be an outsider to “Washington”. I get trying to “shake things up”. But I don’t get how anyone with any rational sense can still think that this particular “experiment” is working. The subject of this thread being example #183,385 of why that is the case.

OK, maybe he did listen and carefully consider their report. My question then is—why is he intentionally disregarding their advice? How could he possibly know more than they do, and is he putting us all at risk by ignoring their advice?

because he's a narcisisstic moron.

And people that blindly follow their leaders...or demand that others do so...are the weak that need that strong authority figure and a very structured existence to feel safe.

It's not a very realistic way to go thru life, altho there are those in tyrannies elsewhere on the globe that are forced into that type of governance.

:2rofll::2rofll:

If you say it enough times maybe someone will believe that. Keep trying.

Inorite?

And they'll only support how wonderful Pompeo and Bolton are until they finally call The Donald a moron or disagree with him, etc. and they resign....and then they'll be 'bad'.

Its alarming that a generation that grew up on the Pentagon papers and who has witnessed all of the failures of our military since that time....most disastrously in Iraq...reclines with a "Oh those Military folks are fine folks, the best we have, what ever they say must be right".
WILLFUL IGNORANCE

However bad they are, Trump seems worse in comparison.

I find it disturbing that the president does not take the advice of our intelligence agencies. They are men and women who have dedicated their lives—and sometimes given their lives—to acquire this information. I know some of these people, and yes they have partisan views—like all of us—but they put duty to country ahead of politics.

My questions are:

1) Why does the president reject their advice?
2) Is the president putting us all at risk by rejecting their advice?

I have also asked, rhetorically, how the president can know more than the intelligence chiefs. I now posit that it is impossible for the president to know more than they do.

Listen. This president, unlike his statement during the campaign, doesn't know more about ISIS than the generals. In fact, he doesn't know a fraction about anything military than the generals. Most presidents realize that the generals and admirals are the military experts and hold their views in high regard. The difference is that the orange threat thinks he knows more about everything than anyone else.

You mentioned Most presidents does that include Obama.

I find it disturbing that the president does not take the advice of our intelligence agencies. They are men and women who have dedicated their lives—and sometimes given their lives—to acquire this information. I know some of these people, and yes they have partisan views—like all of us—but they put duty to country ahead of politics.

My questions are:

1) Why does the president reject their advice?
2) Is the president putting us all at risk by rejecting their advice?

I have also asked, rhetorically, how the president can know more than the intelligence chiefs. I now posit that it is impossible for the president to know more than they do.

Did Obama take any of the Generals advice?

BTW the only reason we went into Iraq was because of the intelligence that was dead wrong. There was no WMD in Iraq as they said there was. And yes they are men and women who have dedicated their lives, but they still make mistakes.

Trump is president because a minority of voters, who happened to live in key states, voted for him. No magic there. Don’t read too much into their motives. That’s called projection.

Not to mention that those 3 "key States" were targeted by Russian trolls paid for by Putin using stolen Facebook data supplied to them by Cambridge Analytica thru the Trump Campaign. Russia helped Trump cheat to win those states by a total of only 80,000 votes.

"When you think about the fact that Donald Trump lost the popular vote by 3 million votes, but won the Electoral College, that's down to the data and the research," Alex Tayler, Cambridge's chief data officer, said in undercover footage by Channel 4 News aired in the UK this week. "That's how he won the election."

https://www.cnn.com/2018/03/21/politics/trump-campaign-cambridge-analytica/index.html

BTW the only reason we went into Iraq was because of the intelligence that was dead wrong. There was no WMD in Iraq as they said there was. And yes they are men and women who have dedicated their lives, but they still make mistakes.

The decision to invade Iraq preceded the intelligence; it did not follow it.

You mentioned Most presidents does that include Obama.
YES

commander-2-jumbo.jpg

Trump gets his daily briefings from Hannity and Rush. Plus all his family years of military experience. :2razz:

U.S. intelligence chiefs contradict Trump on North Korea, Iran, and ISIS
The New York Times

North Korea is unlikely to give up its nuclear stockpiles

Unlikely, maybe, could be, I think, it might be, fact his they don't know, it is strictly an opinion and it sure does not make them right.

North Korea is unlikely go give up it's nuclear stockpiles. Should be go to war against NK.

and Iran is not developing nuclear weapons

How in the hell would they know, in the agreement that Obama signed there is no inspections any time any place. Nor can anyone enter a Iran military base.

an intelligence assessment says

Yeah and they said there was WMD in Iraq and they were dead wrong. That is the only reason we went to war. If their intelligence assessment was correct that there was no WMD's in Iraq there would never been a war.

challenging the president’s assertions.

And he has the right to challenge their assertions, because they damn sure not alway right.

The president has every right to ignore his intelligence chiefs, but why would he do this?

Trump gets intelligence briefings every day from all the so called intelligence chiefs.

How could he possibly know more than they do

He doesn't but how he uses the intelligence goes into the big picture. There are political issues, security issues, economic issue, do we go to war or not issues, etc etc etc. The intelligence is only looking at one item, where as the President has to take all issues into consideration.

and is he putting us all at risk by ignoring their advice?

Would going to war be putting us all at risk?

Really, you sure have a different look than I do. I take it the generals told Obamafail to pull out of Iraq and leave no troops behind. Obamafail laid down the RED LINE against Syria that they walked all over, I take it the generals told Obamafail to not make make good on his RED LINE. Obamafail calls ISIS the JV team but has to move back into Iraq to deal with ISIS. And what did Obamafail do, he tied the hands of all our pilots so that when they went on a mission they would come back with all their bombs, I take it the Generals told him to do that. He bombs the crap out of Lybia and leaves and soon after we get 4 of our own killed, Obama did that on all the general's recommendations. Obamafail let Putin have Crimea and I take it all the generals approved, and Obamafail would not sell arms to Ukraine I take it the generals told him no. Obamafail did not do a damn thing with NK, zip zero, I take it the Generals told him to leave NK alone. Christ I could go on and on, but the fact was Obama was a coward and a failure

It was no mistake. Bush demanded that only intelligence that supported an invasion would be heard by him. He wanted nothing to do with Bin Laden before 911 either and claimed the intelligence about an Alqeada run attack on the U.S. was a hoax propagated by Saddam. Bush was the entire reason we invaded Iraq, intelligence had nothing to do with it.

Once you realize that Trump creates his own reality and believes wholly in that reality, his behavior becomes less surprising.

Really, you sure have a different look than I do. I take it the generals told Obamafail to pull out of Iraq and leave no troops behind. Obamafail laid down the RED LINE against Syria that they walked all over, I take it the generals told Obamafail to not make make good on his RED LINE. Obamafail calls ISIS the JV team but has to move back into Iraq to deal with ISIS. And what did Obamafail do, he tied the hands of all our pilots so that when they went on a mission they would come back with all their bombs, I take it the Generals told him to do that. He bombs the crap out of Lybia and leaves and soon after we get 4 of our own killed, Obama did that on all the general's recommendations. Obamafail let Putin have Crimea and I take it all the generals approved, and Obamafail would not sell arms to Ukraine I take it the generals told him no. Obamafail did not do a damn thing with NK, zip zero, I take it the Generals told him to leave NK alone. Christ I could go on and on, but the fact was Obama was a coward and a failure

It was the Iraqis that told Obama that he must comply with the agreement Bush signed and it called for our total withdrawal. They flatly refused to renegotiate a new agreement and staying would have meant another war this time against the elected Govt. Bush installed. Trump has succeeded in allowing the N. Koreans to continue to up grade their ICBM program unmolested by Chinese sanctions which were removed following his "historic: summit which we gave up our joint war games with S. Korea while Kim gave up nothing. Trump has made the N. Korea threat WORSE by falsely claiming there is no threat which causes other nations to doubt the need for sanctions anymore.

Last edited:
It was no mistake. Bush demanded that only intelligence that supported an invasion would be heard by him. He wanted nothing to do with Bin Laden before 911 either and claimed the intelligence about an Alqeada run attack on the U.S. was a hoax propagated by Saddam. Bush was the entire reason we invaded Iraq, intelligence had nothing to do with it.

Really, you have to prove that one.

Back
Top Bottom