• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

U.S. intelligence chiefs contradict Trump on North Korea, Iran, and ISIS

:2rofll::2rofll:

If you say it enough times maybe someone will believe that. Keep trying.

Try the old MSM trick? Keep repeating lies until everyone begins to think the lie is the truth?

Having excellent advisors like Pompeo and Bolton is a fine thing. Do you agree that bias is not good in situations like this?

The bad thing about bias is that it motivates men of corrupt characters to deliberately lie and deceive others and that leads to bigger problems like what we are seeing in this unfolding mess about the questionable Russian meddling claims.

Every last one of them need to be fired and fired now. You don't get to disagree and contradict your POTUS. Trump knows so much more than any of them and everyone knows it. Fire them now!

Acting like an idiot isn't helping anyone, much less yourself.

Do you have a point or not?

How could the NYT know more about these matters than our POTUS?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji24][emoji24][emoji24][emoji24][emoji24][emoji24][emoji24]

Sent from my Honor 8X using Tapatalk

The bad thing about bias is that it motivates men of corrupt characters to deliberately lie and deceive others and that leads to bigger problems like what we are seeing in this unfolding mess about the questionable Russian meddling claims.

Deliberately lying and deceiving others is a terrible thing. The Russian meddling claims are credible.

Look at how our military has performed and how it has been used since WW2 and how much we spend on it and how often military men have either not told us the truth or else have allowed politicians to lie towards the citizens for the answer.

Now they are on the right side?

If a contrarian award was given you would surely win. No, our intelligence agencies are on the wrong side, they're working for Putin too. Do people you know find you to be negative?

I am saying that based upon 70 years of experience you should know enough to never assume that they know what they are doing, nor should you assume that they care about the truth.

We are buying $15 billion aircraft carriers that dont work and $185 million planes many many years late that might or might not work someday....

Plus the Navy forgot how to navigate.....

Wake Up Please.

How can you stand living here amongst all this failure? I'm starting to think you should run for office, any office since you seem to have the criticism, let's see if you have the answers.

If a contrarian award was given you would surely win. No, our intelligence agencies are on the wrong side, they're working for Putin too. Do people you know find you to be negative?

Our military leaders are held in high regard in this country, in part because everyone else has lost so much trust I know but this high regard is not justified by performance, either on the battlefield or off of it.

Fire who? They dont name anyone. The fact that they expect to be taken seriously is laughable

The six intelligence heads who spoke in front of congress today. That's how the NY times knows more than our potus, who apparently knows very little.,

How can you stand living here amongst all this failure? I'm starting to think you should run for office, any office since you seem to have the criticism, let's see if you have the answers.

I am Zen.

OK, maybe he did listen and carefully consider their report. My question then is—why is he intentionally disregarding their advice? How could he possibly know more than they do, and is he putting us all at risk by ignoring their advice?

You are wasting your time with him. That's his thing on here, be contrary to any and everything.

Our military leaders are held in high regard in this country, in part because everyone else has lost so much trust I know but this high regard is not justified by performance, either on the battlefield or off of it.

They are held high because of the GOP putting the military on a pedestal since W wanted to invade Iraq. If you notice, our military are no longer soldiers, now they are warriors, heroes to be held in high esteem, like Mike Flynn. Just more propaganda from the right.

You are wasting your time with him. That's his thing on here, be contrary to any and everything.

Assuming the motives of the speaker is a very dumb thing to do.

Pay attention to the ideas and the amount of truth that is in those ideas.

They are held high because of the GOP putting the military on a pedestal since W wanted to invade Iraq. If you notice, our military are no longer soldiers, now they are warriors, heroes to be held in high esteem, like Mike Flynn. Just more propaganda from the right.

And the Left and Center just agree with them?

Your theory has serious flaws.

And the Left and Center just agree with them?

Your theory has serious flaws.
Listen. This president, unlike his statement during the campaign, doesn't know more about ISIS than the generals. In fact, he doesn't know a fraction about anything military than the generals. Most presidents realize that the generals and admirals are the military experts and hold their views in high regard. The difference is that the orange threat thinks he knows more about everything than anyone else.

Add to that, that Individual-1 has a mental defect that makes him invent reality (e.g. "U.S. Steel is building six new steel plants") and we have a potentially fatal combination.

Yes, Trumpism requires that supporters contort themselves into pretzels to defend him, on the haywire belief that he can never be wrong.

Listen. This president, unlike his statement during the campaign, doesn't know more about ISIS than the generals. In fact, he doesn't know a fraction about anything military than the generals. Most presidents realize that the generals and admirals are the military experts and hold their views in high regard. The difference is that the orange threat thinks he knows more about everything than anyone else.

Add to that, that Individual-1 has a mental defect that makes him invent reality (e.g. "U.S. Steel is building six new steel plants") and we have a potentially fatal combination.

Yes, Trumpism requires that supporters contort themselves into pretzels to defend him, on the haywire belief that he can never be wrong.

Trump is where he is in significant part because WE THE PEOPLE are rebelling against people like those morons who so harmed this nation in Iraq....countries die as a consequence of super expensive useless military excursions like this......I suggest that you wake up.

To make this all better we put on a great show for all all around the world to see how much we suck now, and the whole God Damned thing was paid for with borrowed money.....thats right boys and girls....we tacked the bill for this Moronic Mission onto our Generational Warfare Program.

Because THAT'S how much we suck now.

Last edited:
Trump is where he is in significant part because WE THE PEOPLE are rebelling against people like those morons who so harmed this nation in Iraq....countries die as a consequence of super expensive useless military excursions like this......I suggest that you wake up.

To make this all better we put on a great show for all all around the world to see how much we suck now, and the whole God Damned thing was paid for with borrowed money.....thats right boys and girls....we tacked the bill for this Moronic Mission onto our Generational Warfare Program.

Trump is president because a minority of voters, who happened to live in key states, voted for him. No magic there. Don’t read too much into their motives. That’s called projection.

How could the NYT know more about these matters than our POTUS?

Oh FFS. I hope you intended this to be a tongue in cheek post. If you didn't, it shows that you didn't open the article and you have no idea what the hell is going on. They testified in front of Congress. No, not the NY Times - the intelligence chiefs.

GeezusChrist.

So then why is John Bolton his national security advisor?

WE THE PEOPLE, conned again.

Deliberately lying and deceiving others is a terrible thing. The Russian meddling claims are credible.

Ironically, the Russian meddling claims are only credible to those who have never actually seen the irrefutable evidence that some claim exists in secret somewhere or another.

Ironically, the Russian meddling claims are only credible to those who have never actually seen the irrefutable evidence that some claim exists in secret somewhere or another.

I suspect they are credible to those who have indicted Russians based on the evidence they have gathered.

Anyone who follows the news on a regular basis can see that the intelligence personnel are right and Trump is wrong.

Nothing Trump does has any relation to national security and is all about his own insecurities and prejudices.

He dropped the Iran deal because it is multilateral and was negotiated by Obama.

He plays with North Korea because he relates to dictators and an achievement there would be a feather in his cap. He has already said they are no longer a threat based on his one meeting.

He said he would remove our troops from Syria the same day that the senate voted for a continuing resolution without border wall money. Since he had planned to cave on that, he announce he would remove the troops to show that he was keeping his campaign promises in light of his cave.

His demand for a wall is motivated by the scorn heaped upon him by right-wing radio and television personalities.

Now, the very people HE has hired to advise him on national security say he is wrong about practically everything.

Anyone who doubts them simply isn't paying attention.

Last edited:
Acting like an idiot isn't helping anyone, much less yourself.

Do you have a point or not?

This thread is not about me, and yet you decided to make it personal. Don't do that AGAIN.

U.S. intelligence chiefs contradict Trump on North Korea, Iran, and ISIS
The New York Times

North Korea is unlikely to give up its nuclear stockpiles and Iran is not developing nuclear weapons, an intelligence assessment says, challenging the president’s assertions. Read the full story:

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/29/...tion=click&module=Top Stories&pgtype=Homepage

The president has every right to ignore his intelligence chiefs, but why would he do this? How could he possibly know more than they do, and is he putting us all at risk by ignoring their advice?

Well Trump claims "No one knows more about [insert topic here] than me". Maybe he's omniscient, though all evidence seems to prove otherwise. Remember him knowing all of the "best words" yet not being able to summon better ones to make his point more articulately?

Well Trump claims "No one knows more about [insert topic here] than me". Maybe he's omniscient, though all evidence seems to prove otherwise. Remember him knowing all of the "best words" yet not being able to summon better ones to make his point more articulately?
He also said that "he hires the best people," the same best people that he has driven from the White House. The same best people that have been embroiled in insider stock trading, self-dealing, abuse of government owned aircraft for personal use, and more.

Back
Top Bottom