• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

U.S. health officials are calling for an immediate pause in the use of Johnson & Johnson’s single-dose COVID-19 vaccine

Razoo

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
U.S. health officials are calling for an immediate pause in the use of Johnson & Johnson’s single-dose COVID-19 vaccine, after six recipients developed a rare complication from blood clots within two weeks of their vaccinations.

One woman died, and another has been hospitalized in critical condition. It’s not known if the vaccine caused the disorders.

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention reports as many as 100,000 people regularly die of blood clots each year, and clotting is often a symptom of COVID-19.

On Monday, the U.S. recorded 70,000 new cases as the nation’s COVID-19 death toll passed 562,000. The CDC reports 120 million U.S. residents have received at least one dose of a vaccine.

After more than a year of Covid, everyone on Twitter is an epidemiologist now.

Ever since the news broke early Tuesday that the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommended that states “pause” their Johnson and Johnson vaccine efforts because of evidence that six women between the ages of 18 and 48 had experienced rare blood clots after being vaccinated (one died and another is in critical condition), social media has been swarmed by folks with no medical background who are nonetheless convinced the federal agencies are making a horrible public health mistake.

Admittedly, six clotting episodes out of more than 6 million doses delivered looks like a literal one in a million risk. And that made it easy for some would-be experts to proclaim that the regulators are wrong.

After more than a year of Covid, everyone on Twitter is an epidemiologist now.

Ever since the news broke early Tuesday that the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommended that states “pause” their Johnson and Johnson vaccine efforts because of evidence that six women between the ages of 18 and 48 had experienced rare blood clots after being vaccinated (one died and another is in critical condition), social media has been swarmed by folks with no medical background who are nonetheless convinced the federal agencies are making a horrible public health mistake.

Admittedly, six clotting episodes out of more than 6 million doses delivered looks like a literal one in a million risk. And that made it easy for some would-be experts to proclaim that the regulators are wrong.

Chances of dying of covid are a lot more than a million to one.

I had the J&J vaccine about four weeks ago, and I'm still alive.

Tho I did grow a third testicle and I sleep with my head in the oven so Bill Gates can't read my mind, but no COVID!;)

U.S. health officials are calling for an immediate pause in the use of Johnson & Johnson’s single-dose COVID-19 vaccine, after six recipients developed a rare complication from blood clots within two weeks of their vaccinations.

One woman died, and another has been hospitalized in critical condition. It’s not known if the vaccine caused the disorders.

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention reports as many as 100,000 people regularly die of blood clots each year, and clotting is often a symptom of COVID-19.

On Monday, the U.S. recorded 70,000 new cases as the nation’s COVID-19 death toll passed 562,000. The CDC reports 120 million U.S. residents have received at least one dose of a vaccine.

Boold cloth seem to be a trend with the vaccines, the Astra Zeneca vaccine has the same issue. Did the vaccine producers know about the issue: yes probably. The problem is we're depending on them to get rid of Covid. So they will get away with it.

Back
Top Bottom