• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

U.S. has ‘credible information’ Russians are creating lists of Ukrainians to be killed or sent to camps

Rogue Valley

Lead or get out of the way
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
U.S. has ‘credible information’ Russians are creating lists of Ukrainians to be killed or sent to camps, ambassador to U.N. says

iu

The U.S. has uncovered "credible information" that Russian forces "are creating lists of identified Ukrainians to be killed or sent to camps," and that Russian troops will "likely use lethal measures to disperse peaceful protests," according to a recent letter to a U.N. high commissioner, sent by a U.S. ambassador. The undated letter—published by The Washington Post on Sunday and written by Ambassador Bathsheba Nell Crocker, U.S. representative to the Office of the United Nations, and addressed to U.N. High Commissioner for Human Rights Michelle Bachelet—warns of a potential "human rights catastrophe" in the coming days. "I would like to bring to your attention disturbing information recently obtained by the United States that indicates that human rights violations and abuses in the aftermath of a further invasion are being planned," Crocker wrote. "These acts ... would likely target those who oppose Russian actions, including Russian and Belarusian dissidents in exile in Ukraine, journalists and anti-corruption activists, and vulnerable populations. "Specifically, we have credible information that indicates Russian forces are creating lists of identified Ukrainians to be killed or sent to campus following a military occupation. We also have credible information that Russian forces will likely use lethal measures to disperse peaceful protests or otherwise counter peaceful exercises of perceived resistance from civilian populations." The letter does not offer additional details.

On Sunday the Ukrainian city of Mariupol issued a statement claiming that its residents were being taken to Russia against their will, and a Ukrainian lawmaker said they were being forced into labor in remote areas of Russia, the Associated Press reported. “Over the past week, several thousand Mariupol residents have been taken to the Russian territory,” the city statement said, according to the AP, adding that Ukrainians' cellphones and documents were examined by Russian troops before moving them. Nearly 3,000 people have been taken from Mariupol to Russia since March 5, Russian-backed separatists in eastern Ukraine said Sunday, the AP reported. Inna Sovsun told Times Radio that, according to the Mariupol mayor and city council, the citizens are going to so-called filtration campus, "where they’re being forced to sign papers that they will stay in that area for two or three years and they will work for free in those areas," the AP added. A Thursday article in Foreign Policy reported that Russia has drafted "lists of Ukrainian political figures and other prominent individuals to be targeted for either arrest or assassination in the event of a Russian assault on Ukraine," according to four individuals familiar with U.S. intelligence.

You can bet the ферма (farm) that if captured, the Russians will execute Ukrainian president Volodmyr Zelenskyy and his wife Oksana.

Hell...there are people in the US that have similar lists from people that have expressed moroinic and irrational hatreds. The list includes "anti-vaxxers".

Hell...there are people in the US that have similar lists from people that have expressed moroinic and irrational hatreds. The list includes "anti-vaxxers".

Versus the anti-vax's kill list of everybody they get near, especially those un-vaxxed and not wearing masks.

U.S. has ‘credible information’ Russians are creating lists of Ukrainians to be killed or sent to camps, ambassador to U.N. says

iu

You can bet the ферма (farm) that if captured, the Russians will execute Ukrainian president Volodmyr Zelenskyy and his wife Oksana.

I wonder why they're not executing and sending people to camps now, besides the one's they're already killing by warfare.

Your attempt to lessen the seriousness of Russian war crimes by screaming "America does it too!" is ridiculous Russian propaganda and rejected.

Your attempt to lessen the seriousness of Russian war crimes by screaming "America does it too!" is ridiculous Russian propaganda and rejected.
Sorry the facts are inconvenient to you. And obviously...you missed the point. Its not "America does it too"...its "piece of shit leftists do it pretty ****ing regularly so pretending to give a **** about a Russian list makes them look pretty ****ing stupid."

The US is the biggest liar this planet has ever had!

And DP has several "Who's been naughty" lists.

Sorry the facts are inconvenient to you. And obviously...you missed the point. Its not "America does it too"...its "piece of shit leftists do it pretty ****ing regularly so pretending to give a **** about a Russian list makes them look pretty ****ing stupid."

If we were that stupid we'd be unable to every discuss anything, about anything, ever. It would render all debate moot.
We're not that stupid.

iu

As I recall, this was also news in February. For whatever reason, the MSM is now picking it up.

In any event, I have no doubt that Putin fully intended to "erase" Ukranian nationalism via ethnic cleansing, executions, and long terms in labor camps. His hatred for "nationalists' in a country he considers Russian property has been well established in his own words.

Hopefully these peace talks are making progress (as Turkey claims) and this bloodshed will end on terms that provides an opportunity for Ukraine to be left the **** alone. Sadly, the notion of "live and let live" does not exist in Putins warped consciousness.

Decent whataboutism - 6 / 10. You haven't reached Kellyanne Conway levels of sophistication, but you're definitely at a Ted Cruz level.

iu

Ya think?

According to the article, 3,000 citizens of Mariupol have been transferred to Russia.

Thanks for the notice. I was assuming that because the heading of the article read "creating lists" and not saying they were actually executing and sending people away, then it wasn't happening yet. I thought that rather odd.

It happens to be true. America and Americans have been equally guilty of war crimes; waging undeclared war and invading sovereign nations which never threatened the US, are war crimes (War of Aggression), in international law. No excuses, just because it's 'our side'.

It happens to be true. America and Americans have been equally guilty of war crimes; waging undeclared war and invading sovereign nations which never threatened the US, are war crimes (War of Aggression), in international law. No excuses, just because it's 'our side'.

And you Brits were right there with us.

And you are also neck deep in colonial crimes.

Absolutely; I wouldn't dream of denying it. What I object to is the rank hypocrisy involved in condemning Russia for doing no less than we, the West, have done-and worse.

I don't recall the US ever waging war for the purpose of annexing another country.

I don't recall the US ever waging war for the purpose of annexing another country.
Maybe examine your history a little closer...

If that is your template, then London, Mercia, etc should all be separate countries.

Either we are talking modern history, or it becomes a rediculous game of reductionism.

iu

This is all so horrific and disturbing, my heart goes out to all the people of Ukraine and I wish that somehow Putin and the killing will stop. This is an invasion, a one-sided war by Putin, and because of his repeated nuclear threats, we can't help as we would like to.....very sad. Rest in peace to those killed by Putin. I hope things change soon in Ukraine's favor, it's been too long already.

Bush2 invaded Iraq on the flimsiest of evidence of WMD. It was a pre-emptive invasion without having had any aggressive act against the US by Iraq. The first such invasion in US history.

'United Nations Secretary-General Kofi Annan stated in September 2004 that: “I have indicated it was not in conformity with the UN charter. From our point of view and the UN Charter point of view, it [the war] was illegal” '

Our politicians can mouth, and rightfully so, that Putin/Russia is committing War Crime (illegal War of Aggression) and/or Crimes Against Humanity, but there is nothing official of any effect they can do about it.

Back
Top Bottom