• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

U.S. gains 304,000 jobs at start of 2019 as firms continue to hire at blistering pace

Grokmaster

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
More GREAT NEWS, as the US economy keeps rolling, despite the slowdown in China, as job creation beats even the most optimistic predictions to start 2019.

And, another 13,000 of those manufacturing jobs that the previous POTUS assured us "weren't coming back"; looks like Trump's "MAGIC WAND" is still working its magic, huh, Obama ? :mrgreen:

Wages continue rising at the fastest rate in over a decade, as well.

2019 JANUARY econodata.jpg

SUH-WEEET.

U.S. gains 304,000 jobs at start of 2019 as firms continue to hire at blistering pace

The numbers: The U.S. gained 304,000 new jobs in January — the biggest increase in almost a year — in another show of strength for an economy that’s still growing soundly even in the face of more headwinds.

Economists polled by MarketWatch had expected a modest gain of 172,000 nonfarm jobs, but mainly because hiring in December had seemed so strong.

Instead the government slashed its original estimate of new jobs in December to 222,000 from 312,000 as part of an annual update based on newly available information. That’s the largest monthly revision since 2010.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/u...ontinue-to-hire-at-blistering-pace-2019-02-01

Grabbing some popcorn for the spectacle of the DP Left's assured GYRATIONS trying deny/downplay/portray as "BAD" all this GREAT NEWS!

Should be FUN!!!

Last edited:
What government shutdown? :lamo

Glad to see the employment trends under Obama are still continuing.

Glad to see the employment trends under Obama are still continuing.

And, another 13,000 of those manufacturing jobs that the previous POTUS assured us "weren't coming back"; looks like Trump's "MAGIC WAND" is still working its magic, huh, Obama ? :lamo

Wages NEVER ROSE like this under the Obamidiot, DESPITE his starting from a MUCH LOWER STANDARD ...nor did he EVER achieve 3%+ annual growth. EVER, also despite starting from a MUCH LOWER BAR, which allows for far more growth...unless Obama is in charge, obviously. 1-2% was the "NEW NROMAL"...remember?

Please enjoy your desperate fantasy.

And, another 13,000 of those manufacturing jobs that the previous POTUS assured us "weren't coming back"; looks like Trump's "MAGIC WAND" is still working its magic, huh, Obama ? :lamo

Wages NEVER ROSE like this under the Obamidiot, DESPITE his starting from a MUCH LOWER STANDARD ...nor did he EVER achieve 3%+ annual growth. EVER, also despite starting from a MUCH LOWER BAR, which allows for far more growth...unless Obama is in charge, obviously. 1-2% was the "NEW NROMAL"...remember?

Please enjoy your desperate fantasy.
You are right. Under Obama, real wage growth wasn't negative. Under Trump, the rate of real wage growth has actually been declining compared to Obama. Talk about a "new normal."
graphwages.jpg

You are right. Under Obama, real wage growth wasn't negative. Under Trump, the rate of real wage growth has actually been declining compared to Obama. Talk about a "new normal."
View attachment 67249419

Total BULL****. Can't read the BLS wage chart provided in the OP?

Wages are up 3.2% FAR exceeding inflation.

Total BULL****. Can't read the BLS wage chart provided in the OP?

Wages are up 3.2% FAR exceeding inflation.
Please explain what data in the chart I posted is incorrect. The BLS wage chart in the OP does not adjust for inflation, so doesn't paint a full picture.

Please explain what data in the chart I posted is incorrect. The BLS wage chart in the OP does not adjust for inflation, so doesn't paint a full picture.

They are the BLS STATS, Please link to the source for yours.

IN addition...3.2% (the WAGE INCREASE) > 1.9-2.1 % (INFLATION RATE).

It's called "MATH"....

They are the BLS STATS, Please link to the source for yours.

IN addition...3.2% (the WAGE INCREASE) > 1.9-2.1 % (INFLATION RATE).

It's called "MATH"....
Yes, math. The graph I posted is from FRED (https://fred.stlouisfed.org/). And the data in the chart is from BLS, same data as the OP. The only difference is it is inflation adjusted (which requires simple math, as you point out).

To be fair, the chart I posted is missing the data that recently came out in January. So here is a chart with a more complete picture of real wages (again, from FRED, with data from the BLS, same as the OP). The best that can be said is real wage growth is returning to the levels seen near the end of Obama's second term.
fredgraph (1).jpg

Again, the wage growth is good news. But to pretend like this is some major shift for the better compared to Obama is silly.

The graph I posted is from FRED (https://fred.stlouisfed.org/). And the data in the chart is from BLS, same data as the OP. The only difference is it is inflation adjusted.

To be fair, the chart I posted is missing the data that recently came out in January. So here is a chart with a more complete picture of real wages (again, from FRED, with data from the BLS, same as the OP). The best that can be said is real wage growth is returning to the levels seen near the end of Obama's second term.
View attachment 67249427

Again, the wage growth is good news. But to pretend like this is some major shift for the better compared to Obama is silly.

Yeah... NOT THE BLS, is it? Your CHART is a PROJECTION...nothing more...and wage increases have outstripped inflation.

Try again.

Yeah... NOT THE BLS, is it? Your CHART is a PROJECTION...nothing more...and wage increases have outstripped inflation.

Try again.
The data is from the BLS. I literally just told you that. It's even written on the actual graph. Do you not understand the difference between nominal and real wages? The rate of real wage growth is roughly where it was for most of 2016 during Obama's term, after being even weaker than the end of Obama's term for most of 2017. Those are facts.

The data is from the BLS. I literally just told you that. It's even written on the actual graph. Do you not understand the difference between nominal and real wages? The rate of real wage growth is roughly where it was at the end of Obama's term, after being even weaker than the end of Obama's term for most of 2017. Those are facts.

And it shows 1.9% INFLATION, Which is LESS THAN 3.2% WAGE GROWTH. That is the EMPIRICAL DATA...of WAGE GROWTH and INFLATION.

Everything else is SPECULATIVE ALTERATION of the EMPIRICAL DATA.

I'll go with the HARD NUMBERS, thank you.

Feel free to keep pretending this is "Obama's doing".

It's very entertaining.

Yes, math. The graph I posted is from FRED (https://fred.stlouisfed.org/). And the data in the chart is from BLS, same data as the OP. The only difference is it is inflation adjusted (which requires simple math, as you point out).

View attachment 67249427

T present DATED NUMBERS (read the DATES on your CHARTS) as though they are current, while continuing the LIE that Obama had anything remotely close to this GROWTH in both GDP and WAGES , is silly.

THIS is a HUGE DEPARTURE from the Obamadoldrums:

2019 JANUARY econodata.jpg

And it shows 1.9% INFLATION, Which is LESS THAN 3.2% WAGE GROWTH. That is the EMPIRICAL DATA...of WAGE GROWTH and INFLATION.

Everything else is SPECULATIVE ALTERATION of the EMPIRICAL DATA.

I'll go with the HARD NUMBERS, thank you.

Feel free to keep pretending this is "Obama's doing".

It's very entertaining.
The chart I posted isn't speculation. It is nominal yearly wage growth minus inflation. That's it. Here it is one more time:
fredgraph (1).jpg

What you claim to be amazing real wage growth is slightly less than real wage growth under Obama for much of 2015/2016.

Last edited:
The chart I posted isn't speculation. It is nominal yearly wage growth minus inflation. That's it. Here it is one more time:
View attachment 67249432

What you claim to be amazing real wage growth is slightly less than real wage growth under Obama for much of 2016.

DUDE..STOP THE BULL****.

You got busted with your BOGUS, DATED "charts", (OUT OF DATE and the Fed Reserve =/= the BLS) and now you keep trying to pretend that 3.2% wages is NOT HIGHER than 1.9% inflation...while IGNORING the fact that 3%+ ANNUAL GDP GROWTH NEVER HAPPEND UNDER OBAMA...IN TWO TERMS.

Now...post a chart from the 1950's...geez.

I'm not a leftist; I can DO MATH.

As predicted: DENY/DOWNPLAY...and now we can add LIE ABOUT the current great news....

DUDE..STOP THE BULL****.

You got busted with your BOGUS, DATED "charts", and now you keep trying to pretend that 3.2% wages is NOT HIGHER than 1.9% inflation...while IGNORING the fact that 3%+ ANNUAL GDP GROWTH NEVER HAPPEND UNDER OBAMA...IN TWO TERMS.

Now...post a chart from the 1950's...geez.

I'm not a leftist; I can DO MATH.
The chart I posted is current. The last entry in the chart is from December 2018, the latest data available (which came out this January). Perhaps you are having trouble reading it.

The chart I posted is current. The last entry in the chart is from December 2018, the latest data available (which came out this January). Perhaps you are having trouble reading it.

Perhaps you are having trouble doing simple math.

3.2% > than 1.9%..no matter what a few dorks at a SINGLE FED RESERVE BANK SAY.

Sorry that seems to keep escaping you. Sue your elementary school.

3%+ ANNUAL GDP NEVER ACHIEVED by OBAMA , in TWO FULL TERMS. 1-2% was his ANNUAL GDP. His self-declared "NEW NORMAL".

UNDER HIM...that is.

Best social welfare program is to give someone an opportunity to work at a paying job.

Perhaps you are having trouble doing simple math.

3.2% > than 1.9%..no matter what a few dorks at a SINGLE FED RESERVE BANK SAY.

Sorry that seems to keep escaping you. Sue your elementary school.

3%+ ANNUAL GDP NEVER ACHIEVED by OBAMA , in TWO FULL TERMS. 1-2% was his ANNUAL GDP. His self-declared "NEW NORMAL".

UNDER HIM...that is.
Yes, 3.2% is greater than 1.9%. Nobody is disputing that. The difference between those two numbers = real wage growth. For most of 2015, the difference between nominal wage growth and inflation was slightly higher (real wage growth was slightly higher). I'm not sure what it is about the chart you do not understand. Maybe this link will make it easier for you. Just hover over the graph.

https://fred.stlouisfed.org/graph/?g=mQqB

Best social welfare program is to give someone an opportunity to work at a paying job.

Beyond a shadow of a doubt. Massive increase in personal dignity and self-worth, too.

Yes, 3.2% is greater than 1.9%. Nobody is disputing that. The difference between those two numbers = real wage growth. For most of 2015, the difference between nominal wage growth and inflation was slightly higher (real wage growth was slightly higher). I'm not sure what it is about the chart you do not understand. Maybe this link will make it easier for you. Just hover over the graph.

https://fred.stlouisfed.org/graph/?g=mQqB

Wages have CONTINUED GROWING since 2017, outpacing inflation; GDP is greater than Obama EVER ACHIEVED, despite having a MUCH LOWER BAR TO START AT.

The current economy HAS NOTHING TO DO with the OVER-TAXED, OVER-REGULATED OBAMA DOLDRUMS...worst economic recovery from recession in US HISTORY.

And now we have one of the STRONGEST ECONOMIES in US HISTORY...

Try again.

That is NOT a projection. It may or may not be accurate but it definitely isn't a projection.

Back
Top Bottom