• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

U.S. forces say Turkey was deliberately ‘bracketing’ American troops with artillery fire in Syria

Maybe so, however we are in a national emergency, and historically trumps MO is to move slow and challenge everything in court, even when he knows he will lose he runs people out of time and money.

I don't see him changing his game plan at all....

In an unbroken country, all of Congress would have held an emergency meeting to discuss removing Trump by this afternoon. But we are not that country. And if the President hadn’t filled his entire cabinet with sycophantic and corrupt cowards, article 25 might have been a thing. Since neither of those things is possible right now, the only available remaining tool is for Democrats to vote on impeachment as soon as humanly possible.

Republicans have already moved to separating the situation in Syria from Trump’s decision. They’re talking about it like Trump didn’t just make it happen.

I find it remarkable that as a person with a military background you can justify trolling this thread.

I find it unremarkable that you would lie.

My last painting was “a dud.” This is a national emergency.

He's a dud causing a national emergency and massive corruption.

Crooks cause all grades of chaos.

1)Trump gave Turkey the green light to kill the Kurds, our allies who helped us defeat ISIS, and now a massacre is under way.
2)The US joined Russia on the Security Counsel to defeat a resolution condemning Turkey's actions.
3)ISIS members are escaping, and Trump doesn't care.
4)And now our own military believes that Turkey is deliberately targeting positions near our forces to get them to leave the area, and again, Trump doesn't care.

Yes, Trump has clear profit interests in Turkey, but how do a couple towers explain this?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...ng-american-forces-with-artillery-fire-syria/

Trump and his harcore supporters would love for a few of our boys and girls to get killed. They'd gladly twist it into a political talking point with smiles on. We need to start acknowledging how far they are willing to go.

Trump and his harcore supporters would love for a few of our boys and girls to get killed. They'd gladly twist it into a political talking point with smiles on. We need to start acknowledging how far they are willing to go.

Well they have proven quite clearly how far they will go:

- Christian Conservatives place their blind support for Trump and his immoral behavior above their devotion to Jesus Christ.

- Veteran Conservatives place their blind support for Trump above their personal integrity and military service.

- Fiscal Conservatives place their blind support for Trump above their sense of fiscal responsibility.

- And all three approve of Trump betraying the national interests by trying to conspire with foreign governments to do harm against American citizens.

This is what happens when they leave themselves so hopelessly open to manipulation that their seething and irrational hatred for "the left" leads them to abandon all standards and all values. They have watched one ideology after another flop. Now, they are defined largely only by how much they bitterly hate. These people have next to nothing redeemable about them anymore and they consistently prove to be far too stupid to understand even the most basic things. For example, they will defend Trump's unilateral decision to abandon an ally over the notion that "we need to get out of the Middle East." In the meantime, they will support Trump's unilateral decision to place troops in Saudi Arabia over friction with Iran that he created, thus ignoring completely the whole point behind the 9/11 attacks. Like I stated, Trump's cult has proven over and over to be absolutely worthless and just as pathetically stupid as their demagogue. They are today's version of Germany's Conservatives of the 1920s and 1930s. They will go as far as Trump's rectum leads them.

Last edited:

Thugs supported by thugs.

Trump has just freed countless isis fighters.

@rcallimachi: An SDF commander has confirmed to me that the Ain Issa camp has fallen and all the detainees (a population of thousands that includes ISIS supporters, ISIS relatives and civilians) have fled. “An unbelievable mess,” the commander said. Latest message: Rukmini Callimachi on Twitter: "An SDF commander has confirmed to me that the Ain Issa camp has fallen and all the detainees (a population of thousands that includes ISIS supporters, ISIS relatives and civilians) have fled. “An unbelievable mess,” the commander said. Latest message:… https://t.co/uINcZtyrf2"

I'm sure it will end up being Hillary's fault.

I would love to be meetings of the top brass as they talk about what an idiot and risk that Donald Trump is.

I'd also love being in meetings in the military (as they say the same thing). My first comment was about bankers.

I find it remarkable that as a person with a military background you can justify trolling this thread.

Alleged military background. Real soldiers don't casually disregard brothers in arms like this.

Sounds like some REMF talking out of his ass. You don't bracket a target laterally, it's done longitudinlly, with elevation and depression. Direction (windage) has already been determined before the spotting rounds are fired.

Besides, if the Turks know exactly where the U.S. position is located, that means they already have the exact grid coordinate of that position. If they wanted to shell it, they would only have to target that GC.

Most of the military think the attack was deliberate....especially those who were there.

US troops believe Turkey deliberately fired artillery at an American commando outpost in Syria

Most of the military think the attack was deliberate....especially those who were there.

US troops believe Turkey deliberately fired artillery at an American commando outpost in Syria

I'm not saying it was, or wasn't. I'm pointing out the improper and obviously inexperienced use of the term "bracket". It doesn't speak well for someone's claim when they have to lie to make their argument. You know that, better than anyone.

But, believing isn't knowing. That's why I'm not making a determination, either way. You all? You'll go along with anything that gives you a reason to bitch about Trump.

I'm not saying it was, or wasn't. I'm pointing out the improper and obviously inexperienced use of the term "bracket". It doesn't speak well for someone's claim when they have to lie to make their argument. You know that, better than anyone.

But, believing isn't knowing. That's why I'm not making a determination, either way. You all? You'll go along with anything that gives you a reason to bitch about Trump.
I don't think anyone was lying, Apdst. Military close to the situation are calling it bracketing, too.

According to the Washington Post, an Army officer with knowledge of the situation said that multiple 155 mm artillery rounds had been fired near the U.S. outpost landing on both sides of the base with a “bracketing effect.”

I don't think anyone was lying, Apdst. Military close to the situation are calling it bracketing, too.

Again, thinking isn't knowing, moot.

Anyone calling that fire mission bracketing either doesn't know what bracketing means, in artillery terms, or is lying.

As I explained in another post: bracketing isn't done laterally (side-to-side for you). It's done longitudinally using elevation and depression (up-and-down for you).

I know you want this to be intentional and direct, but you might oughta be careful what you wish for.

Again, thinking isn't knowing, moot.

Anyone calling that fire mission bracketing either doesn't know what bracketing means, in artillery terms, or is lying.

As I explained in another post: bracketing isn't done laterally (side-to-side for you). It's done longitudinally using elevation and depression (up-and-down for you).

I know you want this to be intentional and direct, but you might oughta be careful what you wish for.

I'm just going by what is reported, apdst.

Bracketing

A method of adjusting fire in which a bracket is established by obtaining an over and a short, along the spotting line, and then splitting the bracket in half until a target is hit, or desired bracket is formed US DoD

Up and down, huh?

I'm just going by what is reported, apdst.

Bracketing

A method of adjusting fire in which a bracket is established by obtaining an over and a short, along the spotting line, and then splitting the bracket in half until a target is hit, or desired bracket is formed US DoD

Up and down, huh?

Over and under (distance/range) is determined by elevation and depression of the gun tube (up-an-down).

Gun laying - Wikipedia

You're going by someone's opinion. Since it's an opinion you agree with, that allows you to bitch about Trump, you accept it as gospel.

Seeing how you don't understand what I just explained to you and you even posted a link that says exact same thing I explained to you...lol...it isn't hard to understand why you're so easily led down whatever path a mastrr choses for you.

1)Trump gave Turkey the green light to kill the Kurds, our allies who helped us defeat ISIS, and now a massacre is under way.
2)The US joined Russia on the Security Counsel to defeat a resolution condemning Turkey's actions.
3)ISIS members are escaping, and Trump doesn't care.
4)And now our own military believes that Turkey is deliberately targeting positions near our forces to get them to leave the area, and again, Trump doesn't care.

Yes, Trump has clear profit interests in Turkey, but how do a couple towers explain this?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...ng-american-forces-with-artillery-fire-syria/

"U.S. forces say Turkey was deliberately ‘bracketing’ American troops with artillery fire in Syria" is a part of putler plan, to show the world how weak USA is . erdoag is just a a tool here.

i just wonder what putler has on trump

180613_oped.jpg

Over and under (distance/range) is determined by elevation and depression of the gun tube (up-an-down).

Gun laying - Wikipedia

You're going by someone's opinion. Since it's an opinion you agree with, that allows you to bitch about Trump, you accept it as gospel.

Seeing how you don't understand what I just explained to you and you even posted a link that says exact same thing I explained to you...lol...it isn't hard to understand why you're so easily led down whatever path a mastrr choses for you.

What do you think is more likely: This entire story is made up, or some journalist mixed up which axis was being described?

What do you think is more likely: This entire story is made up, or some journalist mixed up which axis was being described?

The "axis" described was described by a military officer, according to the article.

The last three years of Trump’s administration have been a national emergency in the making. As of this past week, that national emergency is here, so here’s a question: in light of the urgency of the situation, should Democrats vote to impeach right now?

Yes. Right this second.

Turkey is not killing Kurds. There just protecting there border.

Back
Top Bottom