• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

U.S. Files Criminal Charges over Benghazi Attack.....

MMC

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Private
Well Team Obama has brought charges out for Benghazi. Albeit they are sealed. As well as nothing on if they have any in Cutody. Thoughts upon the matter?

A Libyan militia leader has been charged in last year's terrorist attacks on the U.S. consulate in Benghazi that left U.S. Ambassador Chris Stevens and three other Americans dead, two federal officials said.

Ahmed Kattalah is the first person to be charged in the Sept. 11 incident that sparked a political firestorm about the initial U.S. response to the assault.

Because the charges remain under seal, the officials were not authorized to comment publicly.

The Justice Department declined to comment on specific charges Tuesday.

Ahmed Kattalah has been described as the founder of Ansar al-Sharia, a Libyan extremist group. NBC said investigators have been saying for months that they believe he was at the consulate during the attack.

"We are at a point where we have taken steps that I would say are definitive, concrete and we will be prepared shortly, I think, to reveal all that we have done,'' Holder told the House Judiciary Committee in May. "We have made very, very, very substantial progress in that investigation.''

A month later, Mueller told the same panel: "We've had some success that I can't get into today.''.....snip~

U.S. files criminal charges over Benghazi attack

Oh well.....never mind he hasn't been brought to Custody or Arrested yet. The media just made more out of it than what was really there. Now back to our regular schedule programming. :lol:

Libya suspect in US consulate attack denies charge.....

A former Libyan militia commander on Wednesday denied charges filed in U.S. federal court accusing him of being involved in an attack that killed a U.S. ambassador and three other Americans.

Ahmed Abu Khattala told The Associated Press that he was not in hiding, nor had he been questioned by Libyan authorities over the Sept. 11, 2012, attack on the U.S. consulate in Benghazi. That assault killed U.S. Ambassador to Libya Chris Stevens and sparked Republican-led investigations in Congress over the attack and its aftermath.

Khattala repeatedly has denied being involved in the attack. He did so again Wednesday when reached by telephone by the AP.

"I am a Libyan citizen and the American government has nothing to do with me," he said. "I am in my city, having a normal life and have no troubles and if they have an inquiry to make, they should get in touch with Libyan authorities."

Officials in the U.S. say he and an unspecified number of others are named in a sealed complaint filed in U.S. District Court in Washington. It's unclear what charges he and the others face. Libya's Justice Ministry declined to comment Wednesday when asked about the U.S. charges.....snip~

Libya suspect in US consulate attack denies charge

Oh well.....never mind he hasn't been brought to Custody or Arrested yet. The media just made more out of it than what was really there. Now back to our regular schedule programming. :lol:

Libya suspect in US consulate attack denies charge.....

A former Libyan militia commander on Wednesday denied charges filed in U.S. federal court accusing him of being involved in an attack that killed a U.S. ambassador and three other Americans.

Ahmed Abu Khattala told The Associated Press that he was not in hiding, nor had he been questioned by Libyan authorities over the Sept. 11, 2012, attack on the U.S. consulate in Benghazi. That assault killed U.S. Ambassador to Libya Chris Stevens and sparked Republican-led investigations in Congress over the attack and its aftermath.

Khattala repeatedly has denied being involved in the attack. He did so again Wednesday when reached by telephone by the AP.

"I am a Libyan citizen and the American government has nothing to do with me," he said. "I am in my city, having a normal life and have no troubles and if they have an inquiry to make, they should get in touch with Libyan authorities."

Officials in the U.S. say he and an unspecified number of others are named in a sealed complaint filed in U.S. District Court in Washington. It's unclear what charges he and the others face. Libya's Justice Ministry declined to comment Wednesday when asked about the U.S. charges.....snip~

Libya suspect in US consulate attack denies charge

This is nuts!!

Calling Bengazi a law enforcement crime is crazy.

This is nuts!!

Calling Bengazi a law enforcement crime is crazy.

Heya Penn. :2wave: I luv that part with the Associated Press talking to this guy on the Phone.....don't you. Wonder who they can get in Libya that will actually go out and arrest this guy? The Libyans can't get people that want to deal with what happened there. Plus they know they warned us 3 days ahead of the attack that it was to dangerous to do business in Benghazi.

Sealed charges too. Other names but none put out. Course as Official say and all. Also no names given.

Such Success.....huh? :roll:

Never let it be said that the Obama administration won't keep the world safe for those already dead.

Just to let the American people know, "We're on the job!" [finally] :roll:

Just to let the American people know, "We're on the job!" [finally] :roll:

Heya WCH. :2wave: Well.....sort of. Lets not forget Obama said he would bring those to Justice over Benghazi. Course that was before it became a World Wide Embarrassment for him.

The U.S. Justice Department said it had no comment on the reports by CNN and the Wall Street Journal, but that its investigation was ongoing and remained a top priority.

Republican Representative Darrell Issa, an outspoken critic of President Barack Obama's administration, said in a statement that it is "critical" that anyone being charged "be questioned and placed in custody of U.S. officials without delay."

U.S. officials are prohibited by law from discussing matters that are under seal in a court. An FBI spokeswoman declined to comment.

Citing unidentified people familiar with the matter, the Wall Street Journal reported that there were charges against "a number of suspects" in the attack.....snip~

U.S. files criminal charges in Benghazi attack: media reports

Never let it be said that the Obama administration won't keep the world safe for those already dead.

Issa jumped on it Right away.....telling Obama. Hey lets pick them up and get them into Custody. Without delay.

Personally he shouldn't have released anything until they nabbed this guy. Now he knows whats up and will go hide out with Ansar al Shariah. Then who's going to arrest him?

Heya WCH. :2wave: Well.....sort of. Lets not forget Obama said he would bring those to Justice over Benghazi. Course that was before it became a World Wide Embarrassment for him.

The U.S. Justice Department said it had no comment on the reports by CNN and the Wall Street Journal, but that its investigation was ongoing and remained a top priority.

Republican Representative Darrell Issa, an outspoken critic of President Barack Obama's administration, said in a statement that it is "critical" that anyone being charged "be questioned and placed in custody of U.S. officials without delay."

U.S. officials are prohibited by law from discussing matters that are under seal in a court. An FBI spokeswoman declined to comment.

Citing unidentified people familiar with the matter, the Wall Street Journal reported that there were charges against "a number of suspects" in the attack.....snip~

U.S. files criminal charges in Benghazi attack: media reports

Well, there was a hint of sarcasm in my post. I don't expect JACK from these clown.

They would love to just blame it on the 'video' again and hope everyone has a short memory.

Well, there was a hint of sarcasm in my post. I don't expect JACK from these clown.

They would love to just blame it on the 'video' again and hope everyone has a short memory.

I think he is he just going with himself running around and talking about Phony scandals.....dropping the Kool-aid Pop Rocks when he can. :lol:

I think he is he just going with himself running around and talking about Phony scandals.....dropping the Kool-aid Pop Rocks when he can. :lol:

I can't remember exactly what he said last night on Leno but, it sounded a bit more 'cautionary' regarding terrorism in the world. [like he actually believes it still exist]

I mean seriously, if NYC was blown off the map, they would find something else to call it besides terrorism.

I can't remember exactly what he said last night on Leno but, it sounded a bit more 'cautionary' regarding terrorism in the world. [like he actually believes it still exist]

I mean seriously, if NYC was blown off the map, they would find something else to call it besides terrorism.

Yeah, I got a couple of his statements up from the Leno show in the thread where Obama isn't going to meet with Putin. He was being cautious with what he said about terrorism.

Most of these people that will be charged are from what they have in photos around the Annex. Again the Problem will be getting the Libyans to do anything. Their Deputy Prime Minister just recently resigned. The head of security was assassinated. Plus they have had judges resign from taking any case over Benghazi. Police chiefs and cops quit or come up missing.

So who is going to go out in the desert to get them to bring them into Justice?

Must be the entire production team of that video listed in the indictment. Not bad for a phoney scandal.

Must be the entire production team of that video listed in the indictment. Not bad for a phoney scandal.

Heya HB[/COLOR]. :2wave: Still.....who is going to go out and try and arrest these people when they other members of Ansar al Shariah with them. Or from this moment on knowing we have issued a warrant for their arrest. Now they will keep others around them so they don't get extradited.

Heya HB[/COLOR]. :2wave: Still.....who is going to go out and try and arrest these people when they other members of Ansar al Shariah with them. Or from this moment on knowing we have issued a warrant for their arrest. Now they will keep others around them so they don't get extradited.
Agreed. The insincerity of the indictment is obvious. It was "sealed". Then it was leaked. And it was announced before they had anybody in custody. These are not the actions of a serious effort. It's a half-baked sop on the outside chance that the "phoniness" and obstruction don't work. The bad news for this administration is that polls indicate it's not working.

Agreed. The insincerity of the indictment is obvious. It was "sealed". Then it was leaked. And it was announced before they had anybody in custody. These are not the actions of a serious effort. It's a half-baked sop on the outside chance that the "phoniness" and obstruction don't work. The bad news for this administration is that polls indicate it's not working.

I was watching the History Channel the other night. How Government works or something like that. The whole episode was on how the White House and the Office of the Presidency.....is the Master of the Leaks, and why it has to be.

Well Team Obama has brought charges out for Benghazi. Albeit they are sealed. As well as nothing on if they have any in Cutody. Thoughts upon the matter?

A Libyan militia leader has been charged in last year's terrorist attacks on the U.S. consulate in Benghazi that left U.S. Ambassador Chris Stevens and three other Americans dead, two federal officials said.

Ahmed Kattalah is the first person to be charged in the Sept. 11 incident that sparked a political firestorm about the initial U.S. response to the assault.

Because the charges remain under seal, the officials were not authorized to comment publicly.

The Justice Department declined to comment on specific charges Tuesday.

Ahmed Kattalah has been described as the founder of Ansar al-Sharia, a Libyan extremist group. NBC said investigators have been saying for months that they believe he was at the consulate during the attack.

"We are at a point where we have taken steps that I would say are definitive, concrete and we will be prepared shortly, I think, to reveal all that we have done,'' Holder told the House Judiciary Committee in May. "We have made very, very, very substantial progress in that investigation.''

A month later, Mueller told the same panel: "We've had some success that I can't get into today.''.....snip~

U.S. files criminal charges over Benghazi attack

Silly Democrats.

It was an act of war. Send a sniper or something out to shoot them in the head.

I was watching the History Channel the other night. How Government works or something like that. The whole episode was on how the White House and the Office of the Presidency.....is the Master of the Leaks, and why it has to be.
I can't say that I've seen that, but you know this stuff has to start at the top. The only time they get upset is when things like Snowden pop up. The rest of the time, they can leak, and then decry or confirm the marked or anonymus source - depending on perceived advantage. This is precisely what was attempted with the IRS thing.

Silly Democrats.

It was an act of war. Send a sniper or something out to shoot them in the head.

Heya LD :2wave: Damn Right it was. Again another major mistake with Foreign Affairs. Whats even funnier is Holder saying something. Not like those overseas give much thought about him or the US Justice Dept.

I can't say that I've seen that, but you know this stuff has to start at the top. The only time they get upset is when things like Snowden pop up. The rest of the time, they can leak, and then decry or confirm the marked or anonymus source - depending on perceived advantage. This is precisely what was attempted with the IRS thing.

Yeah.....that's why I was saying in a few other threads. I am tired of these Anonymous Officials who are not suppose to be releasing anything Officially speaking yet are, in fact, telling someone.

Using that bit they are not authorized.

It took two years to arrest the guy behind the 1993 WTC bombings.

It took 10 years to kill Bin Laden for 9/11, and 14 to get him for the 1998 African Embassy bombings. Some other individuals given indictments in those attacks took over 10 years to arrest or kill, some are still free. 1998 United States embassy bombings - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Charges for the 2000 bombing of the USS Cole weren't handed down in some cases until 8 years later.

This is how it goes with international terrorism, it takes a lot of time to conduct an investigation and put together a case, then once charges have been laid depending on where the guy is currently located, if we know where he's located, and how friendly the government is of that location, it may be years and years before we actually take him into custody. Then it may be years and years and years until the trial starts.

This is how its always been, before Obama, after Obama. Yet the ignorant among us think that these things can be solved in no time at all, that's its just a simple matter, but really they have no clue at all.

Rule number one. It's not official until it's denied.

Rule number two. If rule number one doesn't work, do whatever necessary to insure that the truth is manipulated, decried, obfuscated, ignored, buried, OR find someone...anyone... to blame. Doesn't always work, but it's always tried! :shock:

I expect a drone will take care of this and we'll be told its all resolved.
With no answers about the loser in charge and what he did that night, no answers as to why they lied for three weeks about a video, no answers as to why those in Benghazi were told to stand down and who gave such an order. No answers as to why there was no immediate response. No answers from the most "transparent" regime ever.

It took two years to arrest the guy behind the
1993 WTC bombings.

It took 10 years to kill Bin Laden for 9/11, and 14 to get him for the 1998 African Embassy bombings. Some other individuals given indictments in those attacks took over 10 years to arrest or kill, some are still free. 1998 United States embassy bombings - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Charges for the 2000 bombing of the USS Cole weren't handed down in some cases until 8 years later.

This is how it goes with international terrorism, it takes a lot of time to conduct an investigation and put together a case, then once charges have been laid depending on where the guy is currently located, if we know where he's located, and how friendly the government is of that location, it may be years and years before we actually take him into custody. Then it may be years and years and years until the trial starts.

This is how its always been, before Obama, after Obama. Yet the ignorant among us think that these things can be solved in no time at all, that's its just a simple matter, but really they have no clue at all.

No the ignorant among us make apologies for the obvious cover up, and dereliction that cost these men their lives.

The guys who drew attention to themselves by painting enemy mortar positions were waiting for a Spectre Gun ship that never left the ground in Tripoli.

A gun ship that with the aide of a laser can take out specific positions without causing unecessary deaths.

Your choice to back a corrupt President is a little sick.

Back
Top Bottom