• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

U.S. Employers Add 169k jobs

Conservative

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
US employers add 169K jobs, rate falls to 7.3 percent | Fox News

Congratulations Barack Obama and liberals on the 7.3% unemployment rate where over 300k dropped out of the labor force, 866,000 people became discouraged, the labor participation rate dropped to a 35 year low at 63.2%, and zero construction jobs were created. This booming Obama economy is staggering. Revisions to previous months jobs creation also occurred as 74k jobs were adjusted downward. Wonder when Obamabots are ever going to admit that Obamanomics is a disaster.

The new liberal normal, higher part time employment, lower labor participation rate, high discouraged workers, stagnant economic growth, and high debt. Welcome to that European economic model.

Nothing to fear about that - simply vote for liberals and then the vast array of gov't social "safety net" programs will make it all better by using other people's money (income redistribution).

I hear if you start the old war machine up, you can spike the economy up. We got that to look forward too.

Congratulations Barack Obama and liberals on the 7.3% unemployment rate where over 300k dropped out of the labor force, 866,000 people became discouraged, the labor participation rate dropped to a 35 year low at 63.2%, and zero construction jobs were created. This booming Obama economy is staggering. Revisions to previous months jobs creation also occurred as 74k jobs were adjusted downward. Wonder when Obamabots are ever going to admit that Obamanomics is a disaster.

The new liberal normal, higher part time employment, lower labor participation rate, high discouraged workers, stagnant economic growth, and high debt. Welcome to that European economic model.

To be fair, its Bushs fault. Or obstructionist republicans, or climate change, or some guy who made a youtube. Anything but a policy of massive deficit spending and wealth redistribution combined with a do nothing govt.

I hear if you start the old war machine up, you can spike the economy up. We got that to look forward too.

That only works when you have liquid cash to spend on big industrial projects. 1 billion dollars mostly spent on expending ammunition wouldnt make a dent in the economy. Compare that to WW2 where govt was spending 50% of GDP, the equivelant of 8 trillion today.

Like I said yesterday, Obama may be "educated" but he is definitely NOT smart!

Actually, the problem predates Obama's administration and dates back to Greenspan/Clinton. Those two set the trajectory we are on. We are now still living in the aftermath of their bubble.

Of course Bush and Obama should have taken the hit and cut the budget. They didn't and so we are still stumbling along.

That only works when you have liquid cash to spend on big industrial projects. 1 billion dollars mostly spent on expending ammunition wouldnt make a dent in the economy. Compare that to WW2 where govt was spending 50% of GDP, the equivelant of 8 trillion today.

War always increases employment. We haven't had a war that hasn't increased employment.

Actually, the problem predates Obama's administration and dates back to Greenspan/Clinton. Those two set the trajectory we are on. We are now still living in the aftermath of their bubble.

Of course Bush and Obama should have taken the hit and cut the budget. They didn't and so we are still stumbling along.

When the recession began in December 2007 there were 146.3 million working Americans and today that is 144.2. that speaks volumes as you have a growing population and declining number of Americans working. It is easier becoming dependent on the taxpayers than it is actually working in today's environment and that is a sad state of affairs and an example of liberal successes.

When the recession began in December 2007 there were 146.3 million working Americans and today that is 144.2. that speaks volumes as you have a growing population and declining number of Americans working. It is easier becoming dependent on the taxpayers than it is actually working in today's environment and that is a sad state of affairs and an example of liberal successes.

I wonder if any liberal would honestly answer why the debt clock has stopped since I think May.....? :laughat: Oh God....What am I thinking....Ofcourse they wouldn't....:lamo

I wonder if any liberal would honestly answer why the debt clock has stopped since I think May.....? :laughat: Oh God....What am I thinking....Ofcourse they wouldn't....:lamo
Debt clock stopped? That's not possible, this is America, the inventors of the phrase "Charge it". And now a Liberal has answered you.

Debt clock stopped? That's not possible, this is America, the inventors of the phrase "Charge it". And now a Liberal has answered you.

Yeah, I know that, you know that....

The U.S. national debt for the past 70 days has been stuck at exactly $16,699,396,000,000, CNSNews.com reports, citing the Daily Treasury Statement for July 26.

“That is approximately $25 million below the legal limit of $16,699,421,095,673.60 that Congress has imposed on the debt,” the report notes.

Fed debt subject to the legal limits imposed by Congress first hit the $16.7B mark on May 17. The national debt has for every business day since then been exactly $16,699,396,000,000.00.

“If the debt had increased by even $30 million at any time during those 70 days, it would have exceeded the statutory limit,” the report conceded.

However, according to the Treasury, the debt hasn’t budged an inch. It has been stuck at exactly $16,699,396,000,000:

Odd? National Debt Stuck at Exactly $16,699,396,000,000 for 70 Days | TheBlaze.com

So, kinda begs the question that if you don't believe the administration on the debt clock, the administration, you know, the most transparent administration in history? Then how can you trust any of their numbers?

The gestation period is relatively long in these things and can take an easy decade to mature. Greenspan fed the dot.com bubble with cheap money, while Clinton did not reduce government spending enough during the boom. That is the origin of the present problem.

Yeah, I know that, you know that....

So, kinda begs the question that if you don't believe the administration on the debt clock, the administration, you know, the most transparent administration in history? Then how can you trust any of their numbers?

Its because their doing some extreme accounting tricks to avoid issuing t-bonds.

The gestation period is relatively long in these things and can take an easy decade to mature. Greenspan fed the dot.com bubble with cheap money, while Clinton did not reduce government spending enough during the boom. That is the origin of the present problem.

Sorry, don't buy it, the problem today is lack of leadership and a very poor economic plan. The stimulus failed because it did nothing to promote the private sector growth, Obamacare is a job killer, and our vacationing/golf playing President doesn't have the leadership skills to bring the two parties together. There was no war in 81-82 during a worse recession than this one but Reagan leadership and positive attitude brought us out of it quickly and created 17 million jobs.

What you are seeing today is what happens when people think with their hearts and elect a totally unqualified community agitator to the highest office in the land. This "do as I say, not as I do" President is incompetent and a disaster.

Full length enjoy:

The Jobs Committee is hard at work. I hear they are meeting regularly discussing how to simulate industry and economic growth.

Full length enjoy:

I loved that movie, too bad liberals don't understand it. You see, Bill Murray learned from his mistakes and never made them again, Obamabots make the same mistake over and over again expecting different results.

The Jobs Committee is hard at work. I hear they are meeting regularly discussing how to simulate industry and economic growth.

Yeah, I keep hearing that they have a few meetings weekly at the golf course and talking at the turn between hole 9 and hole 10. They are doing a great job getting people to drop out of the labor force, becoming discouraged, and creating part time jobs. They will continue to pat themselves on the back for a job well done

Back
Top Bottom