• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

U.S. economy suffers titanic 32.9% plunge in 2nd quarter, GDP shows, and points to drawn-out recover

Oh how silly.

Most world economies suffered a similar loss. It the president to blame for that too?

Can you say "pandemic?"

All the other developed nations have brought it under control.

The US is the only one that actually did a half ass shutdown, then opened up (remember ‘packing the churches by Easter’? LOL) so we got the pleasure of BOTH having an economic collapse as well as an uncontrolled outbreak with a couple hundred thousand deaths.

And the kicker is....we are going to be living with both the virus outbreak AND the crashed economy, while other developed countries will recover from both.

Of course, this may all be moot in about four months when flu season starts. Other nations might get another wave. But we will probably not see a break.

And yeah... its clearly the President’s fault.

not interested in spending Saturday night arguing semantics. Thanks anyway.

The difference between "go away like magic" and
"eradicated by concerted human effort" is only semantics.

Got it.

riiight.

That's the ticket.

You know you can wait to reply until whatever day you feel like it, don't ya?

The difference between "go away like magic" and
"eradicated by concerted human effort" is only semantics.

Got it.

riiight.

That's the ticket.

You know you can wait to reply until whatever day you feel like it, don't ya?
Good night, Simon.

A pandemic sweeps the world which was made much worst because China lied about what was happening! To help slow the pandemic from
overwhelming our medical system the country was shut down for months. So now some are surprised that the economy took a tremendous loss?

Just remember the democrats want the economy shut down till the election. We see how Biden would do... He is in the basement in Delaware.

American people need to blame someone. There will be lots of Republicans in DC out of work in Jan 2021.

All the other developed nations have brought it under control.

The US is the only one that actually did a half ass shutdown, then opened up (remember ‘packing the churches by Easter’? LOL) so we got the pleasure of BOTH having an economic collapse as well as an uncontrolled outbreak with a couple hundred thousand deaths.

And the kicker is....we are going to be living with both the virus outbreak AND the crashed economy, while other developed countries will recover from both.

Of course, this may all be moot in about four months when flu season starts. Other nations might get another wave. But we will probably not see a break.

And yeah... its clearly the President’s fault.

Do you ever speak the facts?

From a source you worship:

The eurozone’s gross domestic product fell 40.3% on an annual basis, far exceeding the 32.9% contraction in the U.S. economy over the same period, according to data published Friday.

Europe Plunges Into Recession as Economy Suffers Record Contraction

If you wish to make this president Trumps responsibility, then credit him for not having it as bad as Europe.

Do you ever speak the facts?

From a source you worship:

The eurozone’s gross domestic product fell 40.3% on an annual basis, far exceeding the 32.9% contraction in the U.S. economy over the same period, according to data published Friday.

Europe Plunges Into Recession as Economy Suffers Record Contraction

If you wish to make this president Trumps responsibility, then credit him for not having it as bad as Europe.

Why would you project a quarter to an annual basis?

Oh right. Cause it looks better for you.

The quarterly # is more like 9.5% vs 12%.

And the EU will have the economy working again soon. The virus is controlled there.

The US is getting worse. And a hundred thousand more will die the rest of this year.

The EU gdp will recover next quarter. It’s clear the US will not.

And, our death rate (with the same population) is currently 10-12 times the EU.

WTF, dude.

Why would you project a quarter to an annual basis?

Oh right. Cause it looks better for you.

The quarterly # is more like 9.5% vs 12%.

And the EU will have the economy working again soon. The virus is controlled there.

The US is getting worse. And a hundred thousand more will die the rest of this year.

The EU gdp will recover next quarter. It’s clear the US will not.

And, our death rate (with the same population) is currently 10-12 times the EU.

WTF, dude.

Your rationalizing doesn't work among intelligent people. Maybe it works with the people you know, but not us.

I was correct in my response to 99 Percenter. Your twisting things does not make me wrong.

Your rationalizing doesn't work among intelligent people. Maybe it works with the people you know, but not us.

I was correct in my response to 99 Percenter. Your twisting things does not make me wrong.

So you can’t answer the substance of my post.

No surprise there.

So you can’t answer the substance of my post.

No surprise there.

What substance? All I see is ignorant disagreement. You refuse to acknowledge my statement was correct, and are trying to sidetrack and change the argument.

Maybe that works with your kids, but not us adults. If you have a point, then make it, and stop equivocating, and rationalizing.

What substance? All I see is ignorant disagreement. You refuse to acknowledge my statement was correct, and are trying to sidetrack and change the argument.

Maybe that works with your kids, but not us adults. If you have a point, then make it, and stop equivocating, and rationalizing.

Guess it was too complex for you.

I’ll use simpler words.

The pandemic (lots of people getting sick) hit all developed (rich) countries similarly.

The other rich countries shut down 95% and contained (made it lots less) it. The US did a half ass shutdown of 50% and gave up because it was too hard.

Now, the economic damage in the US continues, AND we didn’t contain the virus.

Contrast that to the EU, which has decent control of the virus and is back to 80% normal life.

And we STILL are sticking to these policies of non-containment, with our national leaders whining about masks and forcing schools to open thus ensuring more virus and more economic damage.

Guess it was too complex for you.

I’ll use simpler words.

The pandemic (lots of people getting sick) hit all developed (rich) countries similarly.

The other rich countries shut down 95% and contained (made it lots less) it. The US did a half ass shutdown of 50% and gave up because it was too hard.

Now, the economic damage in the US continues, AND we didn’t contain the virus.

Contrast that to the EU, which has decent control of the virus and is back to 80% normal life.

And we STILL are sticking to these policies of non-containment, with our national leaders whining about masks and forcing schools to open thus ensuring more virus and more economic damage.

Smoke and mirrors on your part.

So, I'll entertain what you say as fact.

So?

How does it disprove what I said in response to 99 Percenter?

Why are you changing the topic, and with personal predictions?

Smoke and mirrors on your part.

So, I'll entertain what you say as fact.

So?

How does it disprove what I said in response to 99 Percenter?

Why are you changing the topic, and with personal predictions?

Smoke and Mirrors?

1200 deaths per day. Economy is bad and getting worse.

Some smoke. Some mirrors.

Smoke and Mirrors?

1200 deaths per day. Economy is bad and getting worse.

Some smoke. Some mirrors.

I'm speaking of your response.

How does your response disprove what I said to 99 Percenter?

Why will you not answer, but keep deflecting?

He was talking about the BS being peddled by MSM and the dems.

Yeah, he echoed a couple of erroneous things his advisors told him

Or, we build mass immunity and the virus is no longer detected.
The only way herd immunity works is with a vaccine

IOW, viruses don't just go away. It requires continous human efforts to eliminate it because babies don't inherit herd immunity

Sent from my U683CL using Tapatalk

The only way herd immunity works is with a vaccine

IOW, viruses don't just go away. It requires continous human efforts to eliminate it because babies don't inherit herd immunity

Where'd you get your PhD?

You shouldn't. Your"defense" is that Trump has done nothing and you're right

Funny, I just started a thread where dr Bird discusses how she and Fauci and the CDC are working daily with state government to help them plan their actions using the latest data. Fauci the other day said coming to the effect "we're doing everything we can". But what do they know? Right.

Funny, I just started a thread where dr Bird discusses how she and Fauci and the CDC are working daily with state government to help them plan their actions using the latest data. Fauci the other day said coming to the effect "we're doing everything we can". But what do they know? Right.
I see you are struggling

What Fauci, Birx, CDC, and the states are doing doesn't contradict your defense that Trump did nothing

And once again, you don't even TRY to refute what I say

I accept your surrender

LOL, why should I bother trying to refute blithering nonsense?

I see you are struggling

What Fauci, Birx, CDC, and the states are doing doesn't contradict your defense that Trump did nothing

They work for him, hello!

Back
Top Bottom