• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

U.S. Dismisses Russian Claims of Biowarfare Labs in Ukraine

sanman

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
The United States govt is denying Russian claims of bio-warfare research labs in Ukraine, calling it 'Russian propaganda'

U.S. Dismisses Russian Claims of Biowarfare Labs in Ukraine

WASHINGTON, March 9 (Reuters) - The United States on Wednesday denied renewed Russian accusations that Washington was operating biowarfare labs in Ukraine, calling the claims "laughable" and suggesting Moscow may be laying the groundwork to use a chemical or biological weapon.

Late on Tuesday, Russia repeated its accusation of several years that the United States is working with Ukrainian laboratories to develop biological weapons. Such assertions in Russian media increased in the run-up to Moscow's military move into Ukraine and were made as recently as Wednesday by foreign ministry spokesperson Maria Zakharova.

"The Russian accusations are absurd, they are laughable and you know, in the words of my Irish Catholic grandfather, a bunch of malarkey. There's nothing to it. It's classic Russian propaganda," Pentagon spokesman John Kirby said on Wednesday.

It's all just Russian propaganda, isn't it?

Geez, I don't even have to try -- this shit just writes itself :rolleyes:

The United States govt is denying Russian claims of bio-warfare research labs in Ukraine, calling it 'Russian propaganda'

Why would anyone believe anything the Russians or Tucker Carlson claim?

Because Victoria Nuland just said so, while testifying under oath to Congress?

No she didn't. You're injecting your pre-brainwashed imagination into what she actually said.
Listen to her words. What do you feel she said?

Listen to her words. What do you feel she said?

She said the have "biological research facilities."

I worked in a biological research facility at a university, and then at a private company. We weren't developing biological weapons.

Seems as though Nuland admitted to it. Another case of the US cooperating with biological misdeeds it should have left alone.

Because Victoria Nuland just said so, while testifying under oath to Congress?

Have you considered actually watching the videos you link? When being part of a misinformation campaign, you have a responsibility to at least try to do it well - you know, at least 6th grader level - and I gotta say, dude, your backers are not getting their money's worth. That exchange literally said the opposite of what you are suggesting. If you want to play the pro-Russia game, could you at least try to be good at it? I mean, this isn't even Colin-Power-Iraq-WMD level disinformation.

Because Victoria Nuland admitted we have bio labs in Ukraine and that the state department was trying to ensure the research didn’t fall into Russian hands, which tells me they’re not researching penicillin.

Have you considered actually watching the videos you link? When being part of a misinformation campaign, you have a responsibility to at least try to do it well - you know, at least 6th grader level - and I gotta say, dude, your backers are not getting their money's worth. That exchange literally said the opposite of what you are suggesting. If you want to play the pro-Russia game, could you at least try to be good at it? I mean, this isn't even Colin-Power-Iraq-WMD level disinformation.
So your defense is that Nuland is lying when she basically admits she knows the Ukes have biological weapons research? If the answer to Rubios question is “no” then just say “no” instead she goes evasive, changes terms, and says there’s labs which she is concerned might be found by Russians.

That’s basically an admission

She said the have "biological research facilities."

I worked in a biological research facility at a university, and then at a private company. We weren't developing biological weapons.

Then why was she expressing "concern" and wanting to secure their "research materials"? What's to feel concerned about? What's to secure? Agar blocks? Guar gum? Why should anybody care if benign materials come into the hands of the Russians?

We already remember how Fauci outsourced banned research over to China at their Wuhan lab. That's how Fauci got around the US ban against research on dangerous pathogens.
Is there a possibility that others like the US military have also decided to go around the US ban by likewise outsourcing dangerous bio-weapons research to overseas places like Ukraine?
What happens if that stuff accidentally gets released? Shouldn't the public have a right to know what's there, for their own personal safety?
Or are we potentially just supposed to die, clawing at our faces while you hoarsely curse Putin?
I suppose the Ruling Left would love to have another excuse to force everyone to lock down and mask up, in an unending curfew.

Last edited:

Yes. Ukraine did not have the lab infrastructure to support a sustainable bio weapons program, they would not have been a capable or reliable partner for an outside entity, and the existance of such would have threatened its strategic goals, to no real gain.

In contrast we do know that Russia had and maintains a bio weapon research program, and we also know that Russia often blames others for what it is about to do / has just done.

Russia knows that we know this. This is an implied threat, which, hopefully, they don't go through with.

We let Syria get away with it, however, when Obama refused to honor his own red line, and they might assume we would respond commensurately, here.

According to a Fox News reporter, yes it is.

Seems as though Nuland admitted to it. Another case of the US cooperating with biological misdeeds it should have left alone.

Admitted that Ukraine has biological research facilities? Is that some big revelation?

Then why was she expressing "concern" and wanting to secure their "research materials"? What's to feel concerned about? What's to secure?

Research, which in the wrong hands could be utilized to create weapons. Something that is a concern given that the Russian Federation, the legal successor to the Soviet Union, operate the world's largest biological weapons program. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soviet_biological_weapons_program

Yes, just like when Putin repeatedly lied about not wanting to invade Ukraine.

Because Victoria Nuland admitted we have bio labs in Ukraine and that the state department was trying to ensure the research didn’t fall into Russian hands, which tells me they’re not researching penicillin.
I worked in a 'bio' lab for years. Not a single 'weapon' in sight-unless you think microscopes and cervical smears are deadly. Don't listen to Tucker-he's an entertainer-the tv version of AM radio shock jocks, like the equally idiotic Alex Jones who you probably also take seriously.

I worked in a 'bio' lab for years. Not a single 'weapon' in sight-unless you think microscopes and cervical smears are deadly. Don't listen to Tucker-he's an entertainer-the tv version of AM radio shock jocks, like the equally idiotic Alex Jones who you probably also take seriously.
Why would Nuland be concerned about Russian troops finding Pap smears?

You really need a better argument, because this is another thing like the Wuhan biolab where you will deny it until command center Democrat says it’s ok to tell the truth, let’s just cut to the truth

You really need a better argument, because this is another thing like the Wuhan biolab where you will deny it until command center Democrat says it’s ok to tell the truth, let’s just cut to the truth
Remember Saddam's non-existent WMD, which you were convinced existed, primed to launch at 45 minutes readiness? Propaganda at its finest.

Evidence. Where is it?

Back
Top Bottom