• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

U.S. Companies Pay Just One-Third Of The Legal Tax Rate: GAO Study

U.S. Companies Pay Just One-Third Of The Legal Tax Rate: GAO Study

Direct link to the report.

http://www.gao.gov/assets/660/654957.pdf

Wonder how the US conservatives are going to explain this one away..... I am guessing they are going to target the GOA as partisan or something similar.

I don't get what the big deal is. Pretty much every entity in the country, both businesses and private individuals, actually pay quite a bit lower tax rate than the bracket they're in. My wife and I are in the 28% bracket I think and we usually only pay about 15%.

We need to be competitive with the global economy, so that we draw businesses back into the US. I think one of the drivers in businesses moving OCONUS is that the govt tax system makes it unattractive to stay here (obviously for those businesses that can afford to move). Levi Strauss is a good example of a company that tried to maintain some manufacturing in the US, and finally not to many years ago moved their last operation overseas. I think eventually the wage gap will close, and the US will become more attractive from that standpoint as well. But the tax structure in the US is complex and ridiculous.

Seriously, American....you think that Americans should give up basic worker's rights, let alone work for about $30 a month so they can compete with the Chinese? Or do you think Levis Strauss should cut into their profit margin to keep manufaturing here?

Back
Top Bottom