• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

U.S. commander: Intel still hasn't established Russia paid Taliban 'bounties' to kill U.S. troops

Yet again, your sniveling is a load of crap. First and foremost, the idea that genocide should be ignored because “their countries, their business” is despicable. Secondly, it was the vast amount of US air support(as well as special forces assistance) which enabled the Iraqis and Kurds to drive ISIS back in the first place. Trying to ignore that is, yet again, pretty pathetic.

People who think anyone who opposes the Taliban is a Quisling might think like that, but thankfully you lot are far from “everyone”.

You want to talk about genocide? Really? What is your take on the US supporting, financing and arming Pol Pot's Khmer Rouge, in the full knowledge that they were killing millions of Cambodians?

They see Americans and assorted allied forces (correctly), as belligerent invaders and do what any invaded nation does; resists. Yes, they aren't especially pleasant people to do business with, but it's their country and we are uninvited guests. In WW2 there was Vichy France, technically at 'peace' and sympathising with Nazi Germany, and there was the rest of occupied France, fighting the invaders. The similarities with Afghanistan are pretty obvious.

I never compared the Taliban to Vichy France. I compared the French resistance movement to any country resisting invaders-including the US invading Afghanistan.

You compared the people resisting the Taliban to Vichy France.....as I said.

Which, again, is pretty despicable.

Donald Trump is a idiot. That doesn’t change the fact that the anti American fantasies...are exactly that.

It’s his stated policy. He’s potus. Why would I worry about a shapeless, vague group of “The left” vs the words of the person controlling our foreign policy and explaining it to allies, and enemies, in the region?

You want to talk about genocide? Really? What is your take on the US supporting, financing and arming Pol Pot's Khmer Rouge, in the full knowledge that they were killing millions of Cambodians?

The same Khmer Rouge you anti Americans screamed bloody murder about the US bombing for years? The same Khmer Rouge whose atrocities people like Noam Chomsky fervently denied for as long as possible? I hate to break it to you but it was the PRC which provided the overwhelming majority of the support to the Khmer Rouge, as they had for a long time. The US didn’t stop them.....but then again, considering the outrage from you knee jerk ani-Americans when the US did take steps to stop the Khmer Rouge, that’s hardly a surprise.

No, I clearly stated that the Taliban were resisting America's invasion. Oh yes, forgot to post this:

Nixon and the Cambodian Genocide

The U.S. Is Even More Guilty Than Pol Pot

US supports Pol Pot

Give your hypocrisy a day off.

Using Jacobin as a source unironically?

:lol:

What’s next, Russia Today?

You clearly stated that you thought the people who didn’t resist the “invaders”— the folks fighting against the Taliban— were equivalent to Vichy France.

The same Khmer Rouge you anti Americans screamed bloody murder about the US bombing for years? The same Khmer Rouge whose atrocities people like Noam Chomsky fervently denied for as long as possible? I hate to break it to you but it was the PRC which provided the overwhelming majority of the support to the Khmer Rouge, as they had for a long time. The US didn’t stop them.....but then again, considering the outrage from you knee jerk ani-Americans when the US did take steps to stop the Khmer Rouge, that’s hardly a surprise.

What steps did you take? None; that's what. Your support for the Khmer Rouge was simply a fit of pique because the Vietnamese whom you couldn't defeat had the audacity to invade Cambodia. You're upset because I dared criticise your country and hurt your nationalist, 'America can do no wrong and is only a force for good', pride. Tough.

What steps did you take? None; that's what. Your support for the Khmer Rouge was simply a fit of pique because the Vietnamese whom you couldn't defeat had the audacity to invade Cambodia.

Gee, other than bombing them extensively, which caused you anti Americans to scream bloody murder? The North Vietnamese had invaded Cambodia years earlier. Laos as well, actually, so your premise, once again, utterly fails to take into account reality.

Again, it was China who supported the Khmer Rouge from the get go, and China who actually invaded Vietnam in the aftermath of the war.

It’s his stated policy. He’s potus. Why would I worry about a shapeless, vague group of “The left” vs the words of the person controlling our foreign policy and explaining it to allies, and enemies, in the region?

Donald Trump is a idiot. That doesn’t change the fact that the anti American fantasies...are exactly that.

That literally makes no sense. You don't need Russian involvement to continue the fighting. Peace negotiations are taking place between the Afghan government and the Taliban, not the US.

You don't need Russian involvement to continue the fighting. But they can exacerbate the fighting. Every little bit helps. But of course, who believes Russia has any interest in the ME or wants to disrupt peace talks that affect the US.

Then why do we still have troops in Afghanistan? How direct can you get than to back one side involved in the talks with the US Army. And of course, with the US not being directly involved, Trump will not take credit should peace break-out. Pompeo is saying what he wants any new govt to be. If that isn't influence...

U.S. commander: Intel still hasn'''t established Russia paid Taliban '''bounties''' to kill U.S. troops

So no info could be found to back up this already deeply questionable story. Glad to hear it.

Sent from my SM-A305N using Tapatalk

The CIA gave the same information to it's NATO allies and it was thrown out as hearsay by the CIA .... the USA intelligence service in general has little credibility after Iraq and other false flags including using a paid CIA informant to convict abdel basset al-megrahi under Scots law ... thus making a mockery of our judicial system ... as Pompeo said the CIA lies and makes things up to get what it wants and it will never ever change

Back
Top Bottom