• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

U.S. citizen among those killed in Israeli flotilla raid

Slartibartfast

Jesus loves you.
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
washingtonpost.com

JERUSALEM -- A U.S. citizen of Turkish origin was among the nine people killed in a botched Israeli effort to stop a Turkish aid ship from reaching the Hamas-controlled Gaza Strip, a Turkish official said Thursday.

The American citizen was identified by the Anatolia news agency as Furkan Dogan, a 19-year-old student. His body had four bullet wounds to the head and one to the chest, the news agency reported.

I dont get whats the big deal, I am an Israel citizen but if I get cancer while in the USA does it matter?

Moral of the story:

Don't take a ship running a blockade.

Moral of the story:

Don't take a ship running a blockade.

I find "do not attempt to murder an Israeli commando" more appropriate.

I do. its so 50's kitch..... :thumbs:

Maybe that's why your recent vacation didn't have you on a flotilla enjoying the sites of the Mediterranean and a re-enactment of an Israeli commando putting his boot up your ass...

:)

Maybe that's why your recent vacation didn't have you on a flotilla enjoying the sites of the Mediterranean and a re-enactment of an Israeli commando putting his boot up your ass...

:)

I think the dood was wishing it was a boot. :shock:

This American citizen was a threat to Israel and most definitely attacked IDF soldiers. He took his life in his own hands when he chose to board a blockade rejecting terrorist aiding flotilla. He shouldn't have some special status or privilege simply because he was a US citizen.

This American citizen was a threat to Israel and most definitely attacked IDF soldiers. He took his life in his own hands when he chose to board a blockade rejecting terrorist aiding flotilla. He shouldn't have some special status or privilege simply because he was a US citizen.

My intention for posting the article was not to promote that idea or any agenda in particular. I simply thought it was news worthy since it contained a connection to this country.

My intention for posting the article was not to promote that idea or any agenda in particular. I simply thought it was news worthy since it contained a connection to this country.
Ok, I probably took it the wrong way then. Personally what this means is that we may have more home grown terrorists then we really think. Having a US citizen involved in the flotilla activity and with ties to those people really scares me.

Ok, I probably took it the wrong way then. Personally what this means is that we may have more home grown terrorists then we really think. Having a US citizen involved in the flotilla activity and with ties to those people really scares me.

Shouldn't be too scared. We have Americans who preach about killing fellow Americans all the time.

Back
Top Bottom