• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

U.S. Capitol Police to Be Sued for $10 Million for Killing Unarmed Rioter

A warning from the cop with the gun -- the ONLY one that felt it was necessary to open fire.
The only one who did his ****ing job!!!

The terrorists should have NEVER reached tbe last line of defense!!!

If I were him I would be sooooo pissed at my fellow "officers" who failed miserably to do their jobs...

Depends on how many seconds your "within seconds" was.... Minimum 2.8 meters...

Which means they weren't "right there" in any sense of the word.
Are you really suggesting that 2 meters is a long distance?

Do you know how far 2 meters it? Are you really suggesting it's a long distance?

Still grasping, eh?

It means they weren't "right there" and were in no position to influence the situation when Ashli BREACHED the barricade leading to her being shot.

You really can't accept facts. Can you?

??? Not only one.....

What else am I supposed to assume when your replied to the other poster about the single cop firing his weapon.

As for shoot scenario.

If you say NOT the only one, Can you say that in the WHOLE Melee situation of 01/06/2021

There was NO other officers in physical altercations distance that feared for their life that was armed with a firearm that showed restraint to fire their weapon?

How about all those officers, or the one pinned,

How about all these officers,

Yet not one fire shots?

Why did this 1 officer behind a barricaded system, to which 1 unarmed women climbing through a window, got shot.

There was Other posing ACTUAL physical threats and direct physical harm, YET, all the other officers had restraint not to fire their weapons?

Does the term "last line of defense" mean anything to you???

Apparently not...

here's the crazy thing about our country that you won't see in other countries.

some group in my area could bum rush our town hall, break down doors and windows to get in, get shot and killed and their family could potentially make millions.

that's nuts.

Your feelings drive your perception. You see what you want to see and ignore the reality of the video.

BTW - "Within seconds"..... Walking speed is about 1.4 meters per second.
Not to mention that they were there within seconds to render aid, therefore did not encounter resistance...

here's the crazy thing about our country that you won't see in other countries.

some group in my area could bum rush our town hall, break down doors and windows to get in, get shot and killed and their family could potentially make millions.

that's nuts.

Just another example of weird and hypocritical conservative entitlement.

If the police bust down your door and murder you for defending yourself you get your character trashed and the police are right but if you should get shot breaking through a barrier in the Capitol to get at lawmakers it's excessive force.

Does the term "last line of defense" mean anything to you???

Apparently not...
Thats not an Excuse. As If the last line of Defense had authorization. Then the Initial breach as the SAME EXACT people were coming in with the "SAME" Intent.

What is the difference when your so called insurrectionist break the FIRST line of defense with an intent to harm? Compared to the LAST line of defense.

Its like being on a base, The moment you breach the first Guard Shack, you can be shot then.

Dont give me that First line last line.

Seriously Answer the question.

With the 20,000 people, 400+ charged with crimes.

Babbit and this 1 officer interaction was the ONLY reasonable situation where the officer could discharge his weapon. NO OTHER situations around the capitol? OR did this officer get a little trigger happy? While Justified, ODDLY not a single other officer fired ANYWHERE else on 01/06/2021. WHY?

Babbit was the ONLY and I mean ONLY actual legitimate threat at the Capitol to warrant a discharge of the weapon?

Not the there Asshats actually hitting and striking officers with handheld makeshift weapons. None of those assholes could have been shot, But an unarmed women climbing through a window (AGAIN warranted), deserved to be shot ONLY?

I do not care what you assume.

Officers followed orders, so not firing does not necessarily reflect a personal decision that here was no need to fire.

Despite being tipped that “Congress itself is the target” on Jan. 6, Capitol Police were ordered not to use their most powerful crowd-control weapons, according to a scathing new watchdog report.

And again, at some point police officers had to stop
running and draw a red line when the situation got out of control.

She was not one unarmed woman. She was a woman whose example of breaching the obstacle could empower the mob behind her. She also carried a bag which could easily have explosives inside.Your hindsight is what tells you that she was unarmed.
As I answer to @GDViking

1) Lets address the obvious, ANYONE in the crowed that had a backpack could have had explosives. YET NOT one of them did. Pretty poor excuse for Treason, Insurrection or Sedition. The DUMBEST of DUMBEST people actually trying to commit the so called Insurrection.

2) The officers Already in physical distance and direct confrontation with Babbitt, could have detained here already At that point. ( I concede that is unreasonable, but it could have happened)

3) Babbitt's one and ONLY perfect aligned situation/scenario was the ONLY window, door, Breach that occurred 01/06/2021? That NO other officer felt threatened, NO other Congress person was in harms way that warranted anyone else being shot?

4) For people trying to commit insurrection, they sure came unprepared unarmed against a nation with armed Officers. You know the saying you dont bring fist to a gun fight.

Finally, Do not distort the fact, She was 1 unarmed women that was climbing through a 3x5ft window cutout. It was NOT a Full mob rushing with her in the front. There was barricades deterring a rush. I showed you videos of interactions where MOBS where interacting with people. A very different level of force and even debatable use of force continuum.

I again Want to be clear. We are discussing 2 separate situations

Criminal Charges vs Civil settlements.

to be clear

Criminal
1) The officer was justified in use of force based on the existing exposure. So the officer likely will never see a court room

Civil
1) A wrongful death suit will be filled, If it gets past "Qualified Immunity "which at this point the most difficult. There may be enough justification to reach a settlement in my opinion.

I want to make sure were are the same page about discussion. I am NOT Defending Babbitt's dumbass actions. I am concerned about the reporting and the escalation of force used.

Thats it.

How many people breached the final barricade between the violent rioter and the Congress Members?

One shot stopped the violent rioters from reaching the Congress people.
Do you know this as FACT?

I do not. They have NOT disclosed the officer period. We do NOT know what detail this officer was for or WHO he was providing Protection for. I WONDER WHY? As all the other officer involved shootings had the officer leaked or released? WHY IS THAT?

Do we know WHO was in the room to which the officer was defending? NO as they have not released that info.

"What if" The room the officer shot from was Empty? Do you know it was occupied factually?

Secondly and most importantly. There is a retreat plan for this scenario. SRT teams were seen IN the back ground of the video. Are you saying that there were congress people in that room to the left, and the SRT had NOT secured and moved them further in the interior or in a secured area away from the Barricaded situation Prior to setting up for a confrontation. Do you understand how stupid that would be to put the congress people in the CROSSFIRE of engagement. This is SRT and Not just a normal LEO that would be well against engagement protocols. Think about that for a second seriously, SRT moves in, yet leaves the ones they need to protect in between the threat and themselves?.........

Btw how do I know this? I worked personally and trained as a PSD (Protective Service Detachment/detail) Officer for 2 years and worked as a contractor as an instructor for 3 years. I am very familiar with PSD operations as well as SRT operations.

As I answer to @GDViking

1.The obious thing is that you arev using the benefit of hindsight which is what I said from the beginning. A guard who let people with unchecked baggs enter any federal building is not providing security.

2. No he could not detain safely her when she was part of a mob. You are deliberately obscure! The time he would use to deain her would be the time when he would lose situation awareness letting any person near her approach with impunity

3. I did not say it was the only window that was breached. I said that the door she breached was deep inside the Capitol , so obviously the deeper one inflitrates the less room exist for applyng non-lethal force. In every defended area, there is a point where there is no more room for retreat, Also, In contrast of the cops who were surprised outside when the external perimeter was breached, here we have a situation where the cop was not a victim of surprise (or bias). The cop knew very well tthat this crowd was willing to become violent to accomplish its objectives EXACTLY because of what happened to some of his mates outside. . Also. as I showed to you, the cops outside WERE ORDERED not to use lethal force, so their decision to let the crowd approaoch in close proximity did not reflect a personal opinion that use of lethal force was not necessary. I aso told you that once a cop is within arms lenth distance from a crowd, it cannot really use lethal force without putting himself at risk of getting lynched by nearby rioters. And by the way, do NOT assume that police officers who were tasked to use non-lethal means to stop the crowd were armed with lethal weapons. Such thing is very unsafe because there is a big chance that during the melee somebody will take a cop's firearm. This is the reason why riot police officers may carry batons, shields anf the like but do not have firearms when they push away a crowd!

4. Some among the the people who committed an insurrection came prepared to force the police to use excessive lethal force which would give them the opportunity to gather public support for going after the federal government using any means necessary. That is why we hear the FBI arresting people who were gathering arms and were preparing for violent contigencies, And there are definite elements within the Trump cult who SEEK a civil war. There are people who fantasize a civil war among races.

Finally, I do not distort facts. It is you who invents facts that the officer at the time did NOT have. The woman carried a backpack, and this by itself was enough reason to shoot her before even her entrance to a federal buidling. Are you telling me that officers who guard a federal building should give people the beneft of the doubt when they carry backpacks and try try to enter by force in order to protest?

I am clear also that I discuss both criminal and civil lawshuts. The latter has a lower burden of proof but in this case, it is easy to see for the reasons that I have already stated that the the insurrectonist's family cannot come even close to present a more compelling argument than the cop's side regarding the necessity of shooting the insurrectionist. And it will be a huge mistake if the federal government thinks that a compromise is a good idea to appease the fanatic Trump supporters. Her death should be used as a signal for the rest that she was clearly and unequivocally on the wrong side and if they dare again to fantasize the invalidation of lost elections, the federal government will not hesitate to use lethal force!

Last edited:
Do you know this as FACT?

I do not. They have NOT disclosed the officer period. We do NOT know what detail this officer was for or WHO he was providing Protection for. I WONDER WHY? As all the other officer involved shootings had the officer leaked or released? WHY IS THAT?

Do we know WHO was in the room to which the officer was defending? NO as they have not released that info.

"What if" The room the officer shot from was Empty? Do you know it was occupied factually?

Secondly and most importantly. There is a retreat plan for this scenario. SRT teams were seen IN the back ground of the video. Are you saying that there were congress people in that room to the left, and the SRT had NOT secured and moved them further in the interior or in a secured area away from the Barricaded situation Prior to setting up for a confrontation. Do you understand how stupid that would be to put the congress people in the CROSSFIRE of engagement. This is SRT and Not just a normal LEO that would be well against engagement protocols. Think about that for a second seriously, SRT moves in, yet leaves the ones they need to protect in between the threat and themselves?.........

Btw how do I know this? I worked personally and trained as a PSD (Protective Service Detachment/detail) Officer for 2 years and worked as a contractor as an instructor for 3 years. I am very familiar with PSD operations as well as SRT operations.

Yes, we do.

As you don't it is clear you have little idea of what was going on.

The rest of your What if, what about, etc. is ignored.

Educate yourself before trying to defend the idiot is the window.

Yes, we do.

As you don't it is clear you have little idea of what was going on.

The rest of your What if, what about, etc. is ignored.

Educate yourself before trying to defend the idiot is the window.
I have googled and Found NOTHING, Please cite or you are are making opinions and facts.

I have been trying to find references to the officer or the detail they worked on or confirmation that there was a congress person in the room. I have found no reference.

Please provide. Thanks!

and Par for the course. when you are backed in a corner to respond...Nah nah I cant hear you nananana, just like my children......

I have googled and Found NOTHING, Please cite or you are are making opinions and facts.

I have been trying to find references to the officer or the detail they worked on or confirmation that there was a congress person in the room. I have found no reference.

Please provide. Thanks!

and Par for the course. when you are backed in a corner to respond...Nah nah I cant hear you nananana, just like my children......

Sealioning....

And FFS it took only seconds to find this.

I do not care what you assume.

Officers followed orders, so not firing does not necessarily reflect a personal decision that here was no need to fire.

Despite being tipped that “Congress itself is the target” on Jan. 6, Capitol Police were ordered not to use their most powerful crowd-control weapons, according to a scathing new watchdog report.

And again, at some point police officers had to stop
running and draw a red line when the situation got out of control.

She was not one unarmed woman. She was a woman whose example of breaching the obstacle could empower the mob behind her. She also carried a bag which could easily have explosives inside.Your hindsight is what tells you that she was unarmed.
1620967429069.png

Back
Top Bottom