• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

U.S. budget deficit to hit record $3.3 trillion this year, CBO says

We had democracy when your country did not even exist. How you think germanic chieftains got into position?
Irrelevant. Did we force democracy on Germany after the third reich?

Repugnants only care about deficits when a Dem is in office.

Nope. We have to raise taxes on everybody, unfortunately. And we have to do so now.

Deficits don't matter.

Doesn't matter who is in power.

No as usual you are not very good at history. The local noblemn and tribal leaders met at a so called Thing under a oak and elected teh one they saw as the one most fit as leader.

You guys don't get sarcasm?

I really wish the constitution gave an elected legislative body the power to reduce government spending.

Yep, much like giving party goers the power to drink less than usual at open bar venues. ;)

Seriously....when in the last 50 years has out country faced a pandemic that threatened every business in every state?

I guess if a democrat had been in the WH at the time, the deficit numbers would have just been "par for the course"

What in the hell was the congress suppose to do other than try and save jobs, and LIVES....both at the cost of money

Sometimes i really wonder about the intelligence of posters here at DP......

Is your hatred and partisanship so high that you cant see what is right to do for the country?

Seriously....when in the last 50 years has out country faced a pandemic that threatened every business in every state?

I guess if a democrat had been in the WH at the time, the deficit numbers would have just been "par for the course"

What in the hell was the congress suppose to do other than try and save jobs, and LIVES....both at the cost of money

Is your hatred and partisanship so high that you cant see what is right to do for the country?

How was it “right for the country” for congress to add $600/week (the FTE of $15/hour) to their existing state UI benefits? Having ”non-essential” laid off folks making more than “essential” workers was a moronic idea.

Did anyone in the country not expect things to go all to hell if Donald Trump became president? He leaves disaster in his wake everywhere he goes.

ever consider TRUMP has the very real talent of being able to convince some people that he is a stable genius patriotic businessman???

TRUMP-all-seven-deadly-sins.png

bottom line TRUMP embodies all seven deadly sins

GREEDY for power and money
GLUTTONOUS for power and loves being the center of attention
WRATHFUL at minorities, women and anyone else like scientists who try to correct him on topics like climate change
PROUD of himself for being a stable genius
LUSTFUL for any woman he can screw (including his daughter)
ENVIOUS of all his betters

and

SLOTHFUL (i.e. too lazy) to ever learn any real facts or improve himself

Last edited:

uh, republicans doubled the deficit PRIOR to the pandemic hitting. Neither party cares about deficits. Only republicans PRETEND to care about them when a democrat is in power.

Seriously, we are in the middle of a pandemic with multiple states still restricted in operation and you think anyone is going to complain about deficits?

Its not even just a deficit though. They're issuing bonds and the Fed is buying them.

The treasuries even have an effective yield below 0. You buy one, its a guaranteed loser.

1601396512901.png

The inflation isn't there, right?

Bottom line though is we have more money chasing fewer goods and this is very dangerous because it works until the day it doesn't.

The day it doesn't work is the day the money goes funny.

Don't think it can't happen here. It can. I am not saying it WILL necessarily happen here, but right now somebody better start thinking about fiscal responsibility.

The US govt. has been been running a deficit for years. The pandemic just added more on top of the debt. imo, the US has a spending problem.
sorry mike, "the US has a spending problem" is false conservative narrative. It was used to justify republican attempts to sabotage the economy under President Obama. And conservatives cheered them on. Anyhoo, if Hillary was president, conservatives would be instructed to again foam at the mouth about deficits.

sorry mike, "the US has a spending problem" is false conservative narrative. It was used to justify republican attempts to sabotage the economy under President Obama. And conservatives cheered them on. Anyhoo, if Hillary was president, conservatives would be instructed to again foam at the mouth about deficits.

To have a balanced budget income must match spending.

I don't do republican or democrat talking points.

To have a balanced budget income must match spending.

I don't do republican or democrat talking points.

er uh Mike, nobody denies that spending needs to match spending to balance the budget. Thats an argument you've won that exists only in your head. Second, of course "we have a spending problem" is republican talking point. To decry "talking points'" as you spew one is quite silly and dishonest. and not for nothing, its the obedient talking points that you and yours used to justify republicans trying to sabotage the economy under President Obama point. If you want to continue to pretend you're honest and intelligent, you need to show that A) the budget has to be balanced and B) the only way to do it is to cut spending. At some point you need to acknowledge the fact that people who convinced you that the "budget has to be balanced" and "its only a spending problem" are not only flaming lying hypocrites but are actually worse when it comes to deficits.

er uh Mike, nobody denies that spending needs to match spending to balance the budget. Thats an argument you've won that exists only in your head. Second, of course "we have a spending problem" is republican talking point. To decry "talking points'" as you spew one is quite silly and dishonest. and not for nothing, its the obedient talking points that you and yours used to justify republicans trying to sabotage the economy under President Obama point. If you want to continue to pretend you're honest and intelligent, you need to show that A) the budget has to be balanced and B) the only way to do it is to cut spending. At some point you need to acknowledge the fact that people who convinced you that the "budget has to be balanced" and "its only a spending problem" are not only flaming lying hypocrites but are actually worse when it comes to deficits.
Your funny. What part of income confused you? You are mistaken if you think I believe the problem is only on the spending side.

Just curious are you personally debt free?
I have been debt free for over 20 years.

Your funny. What part of income confused you? You are mistaken if you think I believe the problem is only on the spending side.

Just curious are you personally debt free?
I have been debt free for over 20 years.
Sorry mike, you just dont get to ignore that you posted " imo, the US has a spending problem". You are also ignoring that is a republican talking point contrary to your assurances that you dont do talking points. also you are ignoring that posted " To have a balanced budget income must match spending " as if I or anyone was arguing that point. And (this is key), when you were having that imaginary argument that was just you trying to justify your original talking point that " imo, the US has a spending problem"

and mike, your personal questions are simply you desperately trying to deflect from your posts. Please, have the courage of your convictions and own your statements.

Sorry mike, you just dont get to ignore that you posted " imo, the US has a spending problem". You are also ignoring that is a republican talking point contrary to your assurances that you dont do talking points. also you are ignoring that posted " To have a balanced budget income must match spending " as if I or anyone was arguing that point. And (this is key), when you were having that imaginary argument that was just you trying to justify your original talking point that " imo, the US has a spending problem"

and mike, your personal questions are simply you desperately trying to deflect from your posts. Please, have the courage of your convictions and own your statements.
Yawn.

Then what is your solution. Vern.

Back
Top Bottom