• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

U.S. budget deficit to hit record $3.3 trillion this year, CBO says

According to the U.S. Constitution we do. And to an American that should be the final say.

Must be hard for you to accept, but your constitution plays zero role outside your borders.

For that reason your interventions failed miserably in the last decade. You could not get rid of Assad, could not prevent Putin from taking crimea and you cant stop Iran, since no other country follows you.

As i said, give up imperialism and have a better life.

Must be hard for you to accept, but your constitution plays zero role outside your borders.

For that reason your interventions failed miserably in the last decade. You could not get rid of Assad, could not prevent Putin from taking crimea and you cant stop Iran, since no other country follows you.

As i said, give up imperialism and have a better life.

the Obama Admin. never made a significant effort to keep Putin from taking Crimea. The Trump admin. never made a real effort to get rid of Assad.

In regards to Iran, when Iran gets a nuclear weapon and announces that they're declaring the Persian Gulf their territory, and demand payments by every nation to ship oil through there, everyone, including every major European nation will be screaming for the U.S. to do something about it.

Including Germany. I suppose it is much easier to "have a better life" when you pathetically cower behind a more powerful nation.

the Obama Admin. never made a significant effort to keep Putin from taking Crimea. The Trump admin. never made a real effort to get rid of Assad.

In regards to Iran, when Iran gets a nuclear weapon and announces that they're declaring the Persian Gulf their territory, and demand payments by every nation to ship oil through there, everyone, including every major European nation will be screaming for the U.S. to do something about it.

Including Germany. I suppose it is much easier to "have a better life" when you pathetically cower behind a more powerful nation.

The majority of crimeans are ethnic russians and dont wanted to belong to Ukraine. Its up for crimeans to decide where they belong to. Not USA. You learned to accept that.

Its up to Syrians to decide who rules them. The majority is for Assad, the mad islamists that USA tried to install failed. It was time for USA to accept that.

As for Iran, Germany has excellent relations with Iran and we have relations with them for several hundred years. There even was a german women once empress of Iran.

The persian gulf is none of our business. Iran is the local hegemon and they should do as they please. If they want payments for shipping through their home sea, so be it. Thats none of our business.

And no, Europe would not scream for USA to do something. Last year, when Iran took some british ships and attacked saudi ships it was USA who called for international support against Iran.

Germany dismissed this call.

Its a typical american problem. You dont understand the region.

Iran is and alway was the regional hegemon and the only real country there. Saudi Arabia is an artificial country of goat herders while Iran is an empire that is millenia old.

Since you lost Irans support in 1979, you tried to prop up Saudi Arabia as the local leader..which is set to fail simply because Saudi Arabia neither has the cultural nor spiritual power to lead anyone in the region.

You should try to get normal relations with Iran or suffer defeat after defeat.

The latest USA gaffe at the UN is a good example for this. Your fat pompeo sits there and wants sanctions against Iran. And Germany, UK and France say USA has zero authority. Pompeo jumps like a crazy dwarf while the iranian foreign minister sits there and laughs about that.

Iran is and alway was the regional hegemon and the only real country there. Saudi Arabia is an artificial country of goat herders while Iran is an empire that is millenia old.

1) Why do you claim to know so much about Iran? And I don't give a rats ass if you claim the Germans have good relations with Iran. All that shows is how utterly irrelevant the Iranians consider Germany.

2) All nations are artificial Rostocker. Iran, United States, and even Germany. None of them occurred naturally.

The only “other measures” possible are spending cuts which are also off the table “within this fragile economy”. IMHO, it is ridiculous to try to constantly assert that we have had a “fragile economy” for decades requiring annual federal “budget” deficits.

From an economic standpoint there a three fundamental pillars to reducing a deficit.

1) Tax Increases
2) Spending Cuts
3) Economic Growth

With respect to tax increases, I don't believe many, if any economists have endorsed such policies as increased taxes within a COVID economy. Tax increases would represent one of the biggest policy failures which would see every business, family and individual placed under the hammer in a desperate ploy to bring the budget back.

Spending cuts are in a similar situation. Obviously there are things that could be managed more efficiently financially and budgets could be reconstructed to reduce costs but the impact will be minimal.

Economic growth on the other hand is an entirely plausible and effective solution to address the deficit. Jobs are the central pillar of recovering the economy and bringing the budget back.

From an economic standpoint there a three fundamental pillars to reducing a deficit.

1) Tax Increases
2) Spending Cuts
3) Economic Growth

With respect to tax increases, I don't believe many, if any economists have endorsed such policies as increased taxes within a COVID economy. Tax increases would represent one of the biggest policy failures which would see every business, family and individual placed under the hammer in a desperate ploy to bring the budget back.

Spending cuts are in a similar situation. Obviously there are things that could be managed more efficiently financially and budgets could be reconstructed to reduce costs but the impact will be minimal.

Economic growth on the other hand is an entirely plausible and effective solution to address the deficit. Jobs are the central pillar of recovering the economy and bringing the budget back.

The problem is that a lot of federal spending is on income redistribution (poverty fighting?) programs which were clearly designed to be funded via taxation. The idea that economic growth is going to significantly alter the poverty rate, which has held steady at 12% to 15% since 1965, is simply wishful thinking.

The simple truth is that federal spending is more popular (aka politically successful) than demanding the taxation required to pay for it, thus our congress critters will continue to borrow and spend so long as that gets them re-elected at a rate of over 90%. The current federal “budget” policy appears to be to spend at about 20% of GDP and to tax at about 17% of GDP - resulting in continuous annual deficits.

1) Why do you claim to know so much about Iran? And I don't give a rats ass if you claim the Germans have good relations with Iran. All that shows is how utterly irrelevant the Iranians consider Germany.

2) All nations are artificial Rostocker. Iran, United States, and even Germany. None of them occurred naturally.

1. I have iranian friends. And no, Iranians consider Germany as their brother nation in Europe. They can even learn German at school. German engineering has best renomee there. Driving a german car is something in Iran that is considered privilidge.
It was Germany that allowed Iran to fend off the british island monkeys before WW I. The Shah married a german women after WW II and made her empress.

2. Shows how little you understand. Natural nations are forged through history. Germany, France, UK, USA, Egypt, Greece, Italy, China, Japan ect are natural nations.

Artificial countries are countries like Iraq, or almost evry african countries. Formed by foreign powers. Saudi Arabia for example has zero history and was just forged from the british out of nothing. Its a fragile entity with no identity behind it.

USA in most cases are very dumb people who dont understand how the world works. You had idiots in your government who believed Iraq will become like Switzerland after your illegal invasion.

Its also a reason why your sanctions never work. They did not work against Cuba, did not work against Iran and also did not work against Venezuela. All they do is, that the people rally behind their regime against an evil outside force (USA).

Iran has wonderful people, very educated young people. Its something your retarded regime never understood. Sanctions wont bring the Ayatollah down, only open relations will lead to change.

The only positive thing is, that we live in an era, where USA has grown so weak that the sanctions are undermined easily.

And btw i blame my own nation as well. For over 70 years Germany was a mobster of the US mafia. We supported almost evry american crime, and the typical american mafia methods. Only now we leave that Mafia clan and see how sour the godfather reacts to that (Nordstream II). I see it as positive step that we push american companies out of defense and infrastructure projects. It takes the blackmail possibilities away from USA.

And btw i blame my own nation as well. For over 70 years Germany was a mobster of the US mafia. We supported almost evry american crime, and the typical american mafia methods. Only now we leave that Mafia clan and see how sour the godfather reacts to that (Nordstream II). I see it as positive step that we push american companies out of defense and infrastructure projects. It takes the blackmail possibilities away from USA.

you still whining about that damned pipeline? Give it up kid. It was almost easier to hear you whine about losing the Body Building competition in Las Vegas.

Who claimed that Iraq would become "like Switzerland" after the U.S. liberated it from the Baathist regime? I followed events closely and I don't remember that. Could you post a link to that claim being made?

What "American crimes" did West Germany ever support?

you still whining about that damned pipeline? Give it up kid. It was almost easier to hear you whine about losing the Body Building competition in Las Vegas.

Who claimed that Iraq would become "like Switzerland" after the U.S. liberated it from the Baathist regime? I followed events closely and I don't remember that. Could you post a link to that claim being made?

What "American crimes" did West Germany ever support?

Iraq was better under Saddam than it is now.

Your moronic regime believed they can make Iraq a democratic Switzerland. Iraq never was a democracy and never will be. Maybe accept, that democracy never works in such societies.

Its called the Bush doctrine

Your moron president believed He can force democracy through war on a culture that knows no concept for democracy.

USA poisoned the soil with uranium, destroyed historic sites there, commited countless crimes like Haditha and basicly created ISIS.

What crimes Germany supported? The criminal sanction politics of the USA. Only in the last decade we distance ourself from that.

Being the "most powerful" on the planet isn't enough. And recalling troops and closing bases will not come close to eliminating 50% of the budget
of course it's enough. And yes, it would, as well as placing 2/3 of active duty personel to reserve status.
Nor will putting 2/3rds of personnel on reserve status. People in the reserves still get some pay and benefits not to mention have to receive training and be equipped whether they are reservists or not.
saving a considerable amount of money.
Once again, you and your ilk don't have a clue about U.S. military spending.
Of course I do.
And you abolish treaties BEFORE cutting the military that you designate to fulfill those treaty commitments. Not after.
obviously

It worked well in Japan.

Japan was a democracy with parliament before and always had some basic democratic elements in the Shogunat. Japan today has same system it had before. A aristocratic elite with the same party ruling again and again.

The problem is that a lot of federal spending is on income redistribution (poverty fighting?) programs which were clearly designed to be funded via taxation. The idea that economic growth is going to significantly alter the poverty rate, which has held steady at 12% to 15% since 1965, is simply wishful thinking.

But why are you focusing so heavily on poverty-fighting as the sole thing economic growth would seek to tackle, that is simply not the reality? Economic growth is centralized around jobs and increasing consumer and business activity. Addressing poverty is not as simple as engaging economic growth, it requires much more specific and focused programs in conjunction with economic growth. Australia is a great example of a country under a more conservative government that has increased spending, reduced taxes and has the primary policy objective of stimulating economic growth through jobs, industry and increased economic activity to pull the budget back towards surplus and bring the country out of recession. There is living proof of a successful policy objective, with economic growth at the forefront.

The simple truth is that federal spending is more popular (aka politically successful) than demanding the taxation required to pay for it, thus our congress critters will continue to borrow and spend so long as that gets them re-elected at a rate of over 90%. The current federal “budget” policy appears to be to spend at about 20% of GDP and to tax at about 17% of GDP - resulting in continuous annual deficits.

To correlate, as simplistically as you did, that a policy with higher spending to GDP than tax to GDP is an underestimation of how the system works. A policy of this nature is not necessarily doomed to fail or be unsuccessful, rather if this policy is not combined with the correct measures (fostering economic growth) or not implemented correctly nor strategically then it will not work in the favor of achieving a budget surplus.

I will link back to Australia again.....under the Liberal/Nationals party (conservative) they have lowered taxes and will legislate further tax cuts for this financial year, have increased their spending to in excess of 78% of GDP. Their focus is economic growth....jobs, economic activity and industry.

Not and get prepared for the next major war at the same time. Winning that one decisively I believe is of far, far greater importance than transferring money to people no longer productive anyway.
Defense contractors thank you kindly.

Staggeringly stupid post on your part.

Our economy could be destroyed and millions of American citizens killed without a single foreign soldier stepping on American soil
Which we have, and not nearly enough is being done about it i wonder why.

But we couldn't protect our citizens overseas or protect our economic interests overseas.

To say nothing of fulfilling our military agreements with foreign nations.

And out of our military budget, what EXACTLY would you cut in order to get the budget down by 50%? Or I'll make it easier for you. What would you cut to get it down by 25%?. You can't do it without crippling the U.S. military.
Economic interests that are private.

Iraq was better under Saddam than it is now.

Your moronic regime believed they can make Iraq a democratic Switzerland. Iraq never was a democracy and never will be. Maybe accept, that democracy never works in such societies.

Its called the Bush doctrine

Your moron president believed He can force democracy through war on a culture that knows no concept for democracy.

USA poisoned the soil with uranium, destroyed historic sites there, commited countless crimes like Haditha and basicly created ISIS.

What crimes Germany supported? The criminal sanction politics of the USA. Only in the last decade we distance ourself from that.
Mhhh they do know democracy. Did the US force democracy on Germany?

No as usual you are not very good at history. The local noblemn and tribal leaders met at a so called Thing under a oak and elected teh one they saw as the one most fit as leader.

People forget that the HRE and Germany as a whole had an entire social class called "Electors".

Back
Top Bottom