• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

U.S. budget deficit to hit record $3.3 trillion this year, CBO says

To be fair, a good chunk of that deficit is directly related to the pandemic, the stimulus that was passed, as well as decreased revenues from the recession and high UE. Actual budget deficit prior to the pandemic is still irresponsibly high in relatively good economic times. But righties only care about deficits and debt when they aren't in power. When they are in power, the increase both orders of magnitude more than democrats.
....and a good chunk of the deficit is related to the 2018 tax cuts. Cutting revenues when you were running deficits in a good economy means huge deficits when the economy turns south, as we are now seeing. Speaking of the economy turning, it will be at least a year, likely more, before we are back to full economic health.

"By the end of 2020, 150 million earthlings will join the army of extremely poor"
Тhe newly minted Nobel peace laureates would have to think about it. However, capitalism has never really fought poverty everywhere, only plundered some of its parts in order to improve the welfare of others

Yawn.

Then what is your solution. Vern.
mike, my first post to you was about you posting a false conservative narrative. I pointed out that was one of the excuses/lies used by conservatives to cheer republicans trying to sabotage the economy. You should go back re-read our discussion. Now, even though you're not really clear what needs to be solved I can figure out that as a debt-O-phobe who mumbles about balanced budgets, you think any deficit is a bad. the problem Mike is I've already asked you " If you want to continue to pretend you're honest and intelligent, you need to show that A) the budget has to be balanced ". Notice how you havent even tried.

Anyhoo, if deficits scare you so much, you should vote democrat. It wont solve your imaginary issue with deficits but the deficits will be smaller. And not for nothing, democrats dont promise to balance it then do the opposite. So you really should vote for the party that is honest and better with money.

mike, my first post to you was about you posting a false conservative narrative. I pointed out that was one of the excuses/lies used by conservatives to cheer republicans trying to sabotage the economy. You should go back re-read our discussion. Now, even though you're not really clear what needs to be solved I can figure out that as a debt-O-phobe who mumbles about balanced budgets, you think any deficit is a bad. the problem Mike is I've already asked you " If you want to continue to pretend you're honest and intelligent, you need to show that A) the budget has to be balanced ". Notice how you havent even tried.

Anyhoo, if deficits scare you so much, you should vote democrat. It wont solve your imaginary issue with deficits but the deficits will be smaller. And not for nothing, democrats dont promise to balance it then do the opposite. So you really should vote for the party that is honest and better with money.

You gave your opinion. That does not make anything you post as true. I am an independent. So quit the "conservative" line. I gave my opinion. So I don't have to prove anything to you. Go ahead and have the feds run up the debt.
With your smug reply. Have a good one. It is clear all your going to do is answer questions by asking questions.

You gave your opinion. That does not make anything you post as true. I am an independent. So quit the "conservative" line. I gave my opinion. So I don't have to prove anything to you. Go ahead and have the feds run up the debt.
With your smug reply. Have a good one. It is clear all your going to do is answer questions by asking questions.
Mike, you're in a debate forum refusing to address your own posts, asking me pointless questions, think the budget has to be balanced (but dont have the courage to state it let alone explain it) and asked silly deflecting questions ("are you debt free"). the one sorta question you sorta asked I answered. You asked for "solutions" and I gave you a solution. And I have chuckle mike, I didnt call you a conservative. I simply stated you posted a false conservative narrative. FYI, accusing people of things they didnt do is a conservative trait. Anyhoo, you literally answered my request for you to explain you point about "balanced budgets" with a question. yea, thats right, you asked a question. So you're literally accusing me of exactly what you did "answer questions with questions". FYI, accusing others of exactly what you did is very conservative.

The fake right wing deficit scolds are scheduled to return whenever there's a Democrat in the WH again. It's amazing too how the supposed "centrist" deficit scolds are put on hold any time there's a Republican in office. If Biden wins, they'll be on the Sunday shows every other week, in a very bipartisan, non-ideological, rational centrist-like way of course, demanding drastic budget cuts, because the deficits will kill us all!!! Sorry grandma, but Medicare just isn't sustainable at this rate, and it's Democrats who need to do the heavy lifting of cutting benefits and killing grandma with death panels.

It's all so predictable it's sad.
If you have a problem with it. Take it with the Democrats. They hold the purse strings. The deficit belongs to them. I warn you though, if you raise any concern over it you will be labeled a callous, muderious, racist, bigot as a reward for your efforts.

If you have a problem with it. Take it with the Democrats. They hold the purse strings. The deficit belongs to them. I warn you though, if you raise any concern over it you will be labeled a callous, muderious, racist, bigot as a reward for your efforts.
as usual trouble, you're not following simple point. Jasper is not complaining about deficits. He's discussing the flaming lying hypocrisy of republicans. The reason you're unable to follow his point is because you cant in any way refute it so your brain tricks you into thinking he's posting something else. And trouble, you're not alone. It seems every conservative does that. Can you please acknowledge he wasnt complaining about deficts? I dont think you can.

And I find your whiny "if you raise any concern....." rather sad. It seems to be a mish mosh of everything conservatives and republicans are actually guilty of and you projected it onto your "misparaphrasing" of Jasper's post.

Yellow - capitalization of the 500 largest US companies, blue - their net profit.
The Weimar Republic money or the banknotes of Zimbabwe... this is 21st-century capitalism. The illusion of wealth

Ej59gThXsAEK5T9.png

Back
Top Bottom