• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

U.S. attorney general tells Texas to rescind immigrant COVID-19 order

Because you cited them. If you're going to make a claim, either support it or stfu. I'm not going to Google every random thought that tragically escapes from your head and ends up in your post.
The sun comes up in the AM. Do I need to back up that claim too?:rolleyes:

Any rise of incidences of the variant in the forty percentile is way, way too high. I don't think there's a need to distinguish Texas' incidence rate over Florida's incidence rate especially when both states are affected by moronic Biden immigration policy.:rolleyes:
I agree that 40% is way too high an increase since its going to hurt a lot of people. However, given that Florida and EVERY OTHER STATE is not claiming the immigrant problem that Texas is, we can conclude its not significant in those places. This goes back to the original question, why is Texas so special given that they have two problems instead of one problem, yet are doing better than states that have only one problem?

What exemptions from state criminal laws?

I don't think following the Constitution (where federal law rules the day on immigration policy) is an intense hatred of American citizens. I think that overturning the rule of law just so that you can own the libs for 10 seconds is far more harmful to American citizens.
But you applaud sanctuary municipality practices. Hypocrite.

Then why isn't DeSantis making a similar claim?
The gov of Florida is libertarian. He also thinks the moronic Biden Administration is more than a contributor to his variant problems in Florida.

But you applaud sanctuary municipality practices. Hypocrite.
Congratulations on being the first person on my ignore list! Have a great day.

The gov of Florida is libertarian. He also thinks the moronic Biden Administration is more than a contributor to his variant problems in Florida.
So your answer is to pretend that immigration is an issue anywhere even though there is no data or even rhetoric from other governors to support your claim then?

If you can't cite even a single example of one of these laws that's pissing you off so much, then I see little reason to continue this conversation.
It doesn't have to be a law, it can be an action. Sanctuary cities routinely block federal agents access to courts where they can safely apprehend violent criminal aliens and force them to do dangerous apprehensions where they can be armed and outnumbered. They use their municipal employees to interfere with the lawful enforcements of immigration law. Federal judges sign a deportation order for a violent illegal alien and sanctuary cities restrict federal agents from carrying out their court mandated obligation.

It doesn't have to be a law, it can be an action. Sanctuary cities routinely block federal agents access to courts where they can safely apprehend violent criminal aliens and force them to do dangerous apprehensions where they can be armed and outnumbered. They use their municipal employees to interfere with the lawful enforcements of immigration law. Federal judges sign a deportation order for a violent illegal alien and sanctuary cities restrict federal agents from carrying out their court mandated obligation.

No sanctuary city has EVER refused to honor a federal court order.. You are confused as to the difference between a detention request or immigration detainer (not signed by a judge) and a court order...

It doesn't have to be a law, it can be an action. Sanctuary cities routinely block federal agents access to courts where they can safely apprehend violent criminal aliens
I agree, stuff like that is most likely unconstitutional. It's one thing to simply not cooperate with ICE; it's another thing to actually block them from doing their jobs.
Federal judges sign a deportation order for a violent illegal alien and sanctuary cities restrict federal agents from carrying out their court mandated obligation.
I would imagine that when those cases eventually get before a judge, the judge will overturn the city laws and tell them to knock it off. Cities certainly don't have any constitutional authority to prevent federal law from being enforced by federal agents.

No sanctuary city has EVER refused to honor a federal court order.. You are confused as to the difference between a detention request or immigration detainer (not signed by a judge) and a court order...
But the federal gov't/ICE is in charge of immigration policy.:ROFLMAO:

But the federal gov't/ICE is in charge of immigration policy.:ROFLMAO:

And can't FORCE states to hold immigrants and risk lawsuits for violating the civil rights of the immigrant...

Many people knocked NYS when they offered free vaccines to illegal immigrants and we are one of the primary states these immigrants are being sent to. Never complained because I knew in the long run it would benefit us

I would imagine that when those cases eventually get before a judge, the judge will overturn the city laws and tell them to knock it off. Cities certainly don't have any constitutional authority to prevent federal law from being enforced by federal agents.
That's what should have happened, but an activist judge from California said the California Values Act in 2017 was constitutional. The Supreme Court was afraid to hear the case, likely due to political pressure of Democrats demanding court packing. So this lawlessness continues.

While I can respect your sediment about illegal immigration, I can not respect your efforts to try to blame them for CoVid spread.
You just don't want to acknowledge the fact that infected illegals being scattered across the country are essentially SUPERSPREADERS and kill your "It's all the fault of the unvaxxed evil Trump supporters" argument.

Do you understand what a sanctuary city is? They are sanctuary cities BECAUSE immigration and immigration enforcement is a federal matter....

Bullshit. They are sanc cities because they are trying to stock up on future democrat voters and don't want them deported.

As Abbott is about to learn, the federal government has SOLE responsibility for immigration...
The Federal Government ISN'T DOING IT'S JOB.

Biden's too busy making up stories about his life and Kamala is doing...something. We haven't heard from her in a while. Probably taking trips to Chicago for a snack again.

The AG is right. Texas has no authority to take actions regarding undocumented immigrants; immigration is a federal matter. And the pretext that it's about COVID is plainly false, as is obvious from the governor's own statements on the subject.
Isn't that predicated on the assumption that the federal government is actually doing something about it?
(
I mean other than waving on the illegal immigrants on past the gate and shipping all over the country - I thought there were laws against that sort of thing
Congress! WTF are you? This is YOUR job FFS!
)

Isn't that predicated on the assumption that the federal government is actually doing something about it?
Nope. If the federal government isn't behaving as you want, you can elect a new federal government. States don't gain authority over immigration enforcement just because some people are unhappy with immigration enforcement.

The Federal Government ISN'T DOING IT'S JOB.

Biden's too busy making up stories about his life and Kamala is doing...something. We haven't heard from her in a while. Probably taking trips to Chicago for a snack again.

What exactly does this rant have to do with states power to enforce federal law?

If the governor of TX was serious about Covid, he’d urge his constituents to get vaccinated, which is the only viable means to stop the virus.

I also didn’t know that immigrants from TX were being sent to Florida, Mississippi and Louisiana, the three hottest Covid spots in America.
Yes, yes they are.
The email, written by Lt. Col. Matthew Burrows and leaked to Tucker Carlson reads: "Over the next few days, weeks or months, you may see passenger aircraft on our ramp transporting undocumented non-citizens. Please review the attached public affairs guidance on the issue."​
Just imagine, multiples of COVID loads than was with the TX Dems flying to DC, being shipped all over the country, and causing COVID spikes there. Let's hope it's not the Delta variant, but I suspect it is.

Further imagine that Biden's open borders are doing absolutely nothing to contain this plane load of COVID cases, in fact, are actively working to spread it across the entire nation, not by accident, but on purpose.

Sure beats to hell anything COVID related that Trump ever did.

Now, this will get interesting. As far as I'm concerned, the more publicity this transporting of thousands of illegals (many covid positive), all over the country, gets, the better! I hope this turns into quite the battle. I also hope it's on every news network every day, juxtaposed with the tightening of covid restrictions and the increase of covid mandates placed on American citizens. Yes please, let's have this discussion and this battle, Mr. Attorney General!

Senator McConnell was correct about Merrick B. Garland! ;)

Democrats: Texas isn't serious about covid because the governor hasn't nagged his constituents enough about getting vaccinated.

Also Democrats: Transporting tens of thousands of covid positive illegal aliens throughout the state of Texas is no problem at all.

What a strange coincidence, huh? It's almost like they should stop doing that...
Who said tens of thousands of them have Covid? Stop.

Back
Top Bottom