• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

U.S. attorney general tells Texas to rescind immigrant COVID-19 order

Yes, because immigration is solely within the power of the federal government.

There is no such thing as "Texas' immigration policy," any more than my dentist gets to set his own immigration policy. Immigration has nothing to do with the job description of the Texas governor.

I didn't say I'm OK with it; I don't really have much of an opinion on sanctuary cities. I just said the courts haven't ruled on sanctuary cities one way or the other. If they are defying federal law, then those city laws will eventually be overturned. If they are merely refusing to cooperate with federal ICE agents, then their laws will (probably) be upheld.
Refusing to acquiesce to ICE policies IS NOT cooperating with federal immigration policy. Figure it out, just once.

Your original assertion is that Abbot is protecting American lives, so surely he is mandating the vaccine in his state.
Abbott wouldn't need a protection for the variant if his state wasn't being inundated with illegals with the blessing of the moronic Biden Administration.

Abbott wouldn't need a protection for the variant if his state wasn't being inundated with illegals with the blessing of the moronic Biden Administration.
Then Texas must be special in that their low vaccination rates somehow defy the trend that all other low vaccination rate states are experiencing. What is the source of their magical power?

Refusing to acquiesce to ICE policies IS NOT cooperating with federal immigration policy.
ICE is able to detain illegal immigrants and initiate deportation proceedings in sanctuary cities just like they can anywhere else in the United States. But they often ask local law enforcement for help in apprehending them. In most cases, this cooperation isn't legally required and is merely a professional courtesy that local and state governments can extend to the federal government. Sanctuary cities are refusing to cooperate with ICE in those cases, which isn't inherently illegal. (However, there may be some cases where sanctuary cities have stepped over the line and blocked federal enforcement of immigration laws, in which case those sanctuary cities *are* violating the law.)

Then Texas must be special in that their low vaccination rates somehow defy the trend that all other low vaccination rate states are experiencing. What is the source of their magical power?
Texas is a libertarian state...You're foreign to libertarianism, I know...Libertarianism strives to allow the individual to make the decisions, for example.

Texas is a libertarian state...You're foreign to libertarianism, I know...Libertarianism strives to allow the individual to make the decisions, for example.
Your response has nothing to do with the question I asked, so I will ask again. Why is Texas being affected by immigrants and not by low vaccination rates, and bucking the trend experienced by every other state?

ICE is able to detain illegal immigrants and initiate deportation proceedings in sanctuary cities just like they can anywhere else in the United States. But they often ask local law enforcement for help in apprehending them. In most cases, this cooperation isn't legally required and is merely a professional courtesy that local and state governments can extend to the federal government. Sanctuary cities are refusing to cooperate with ICE in those cases, which isn't inherently illegal. (However, there may be some cases where sanctuary cities have stepped over the line and blocked federal enforcement of immigration laws, in which case those sanctuary cities *are* violating the law.)
You're incorrect. Sanctuary cites prevent ICE from doing their federally mandated immigration duties...Keep on deflecting.:ROFLMAO:

You're incorrect. Sanctuary cites prevent ICE from doing their federally mandates immigration duties.
To which cities/laws are you referring?

To which cities/laws are you referring?
There are too many sanctuary municipalities to list them all...They're all breaking federal immigration policy...But you say Texas can't.:ROFLMAO:

There are too many sanctuary municipalities to list them all.
So once again, you have no examples of laws that you think prevent ICE from carrying out its duties, and you don't know what you're talking about. Have a nice day.

So once again, you have no examples of laws that you think prevent ICE from carrying out its duties, and you don't know what you're talking about. Have a nice day.
The federal gov't institutes all kinds of policies that are dependent on state and local cooperation. Why are you so dense as to not see this? Why do you make an exception with sanctuary municipalities refusal to cooperate with ICE but you condemn Texas? Hypocrite.

Your response has nothing to do with the question I asked, so I will ask again. Why is Texas being affected by immigrants and not by low vaccination rates, and bucking the trend experienced by every other state?
Low vaccination rates are a factor but so is the flood of illegal immigration a factor in the spike of Covid variant cases in Texas. The variant didn't come from the US. In other words, initially, the unvaccinated didn't give the variant to other Texans. The variant came from outside Texas. You understand?

Last edited:
Low vaccination rates are a factor but so is the flood of illegal immigration a factor in the spike of Covid variant cases in Texas.
If Texas is having such a problem with it (when they are dealing with two problems instead of just one), then why is the correlation between vaccination rates and COVID outbreak relatively lower than in other states such as Florida?

For example

Florida vaccination rate is currently 48.7% but their increase is higher than Texas that has a 43.7% rate, and Texas has two problems (as you assert) instead of one?

The federal gov't institutes all kinds of policies that are dependent on state and local cooperation. Why are you so dense as to not see this? Why do you make an exception with sanctuary municipalities refusal to cooperate with ICE but you condemn Texas? Hypocrite.
If you can't cite even a single example of one of these laws that's pissing you off so much, then I see little reason to continue this conversation. I like to debate interesting policy issues, not argue in circles with sad individuals who are angry at the world because they like being angry.

If Texas is having such a problem with it (when they are dealing with two problems instead of just one), then why is the correlation between vaccination rates and COVID outbreak relatively lower than in other states?
Illegal immigration. Figure it out, just once.

Mebe natural immunization? So many illegals are giving herd immunity to portions of Texas.

If you can't cite even a single example of one of these laws that's pissing you off so much, then I see little reason to continue this conversation. I like to debate interesting policy issues, not argue in circles with sad individuals who are angry at the world because they like being angry.
If you're too lazy not to research those instances yourself, there is no reason to debate with your lack of debate skills.

Illegal immigration. Figure it out, just once.
That's not an answer, why specifically? What is the reason that causes Texas' increase to be lower despite having problems with infected illegal aliens and also a relatively low vaccination rate? Why is Florida having 100% of its problem from their low vaccination rates (because we know DeSantis would jump on this bandwagon if he could) whereas Texas is having some % of the problems due to vaccination and some other % of the problem due to immigrants, yet is still doing better?

The AG is right. Texas has no authority to take actions regarding undocumented immigrants; immigration is a federal matter. And the pretext that it's about COVID is plainly false, as is obvious from the governor's own statements on the subject.

Another Democrat who claims that illegal migrants have exemptions for state criminal laws no citizen has. Despicable how so many Democrats post what equated to their intense hatred of American citizens.

A truly stunning intellect. You, sir, are a gentleman and a scholar. Now I'll bid you farewell, in awe of your genius. 😆
The stats are on the Internet. Why do you, for example, need me to hold your hand and find them when the stats are readily available on the Internet?:rolleyes:

Another Democrat who claims that illegal migrants have exemptions for state criminal laws no citizen has.
What exemptions from state criminal laws?
Despicable how so many Democrats post what equated to their intense hatred of American citizens.
I don't think following the Constitution (where federal law rules the day on immigration policy) is an intense hatred of American citizens. I think that overturning the rule of law just so that you can own the libs for 10 seconds is far more harmful to American citizens.

The stats are on the Internet. Why do you, for example, need me to hold your hand and find them when the stats are readily available on the Internet?:rolleyes:
Because you cited them. If you're going to make a claim, either support it or stfu. I'm not going to Google every random thought that tragically escapes from your head and ends up in your post.

If Texas is having such a problem with it (when they are dealing with two problems instead of just one), then why is the correlation between vaccination rates and COVID outbreak relatively lower than in other states such as Florida?

For example

Florida vaccination rate is currently 48.7% but their increase is higher than Texas that has a 43.7% rate, and Texas has two problems (as you assert) instead of one?
Any rise of incidences of the variant in the forty percentile is way, way too high. I don't think there's a need to distinguish Texas' incidence rate over Florida's incidence rate especially when both states are affected by moronic Biden immigration policy.:rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom