• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

U.S. attorney general tells Texas to rescind immigrant COVID-19 order

What exactly does this rant have to do with states power to enforce federal law?
Democrats: The pandemic gives Democrat governors the power to suspend the US Constitution indefinitely. They can stop you from going to church, they can take away your right to freedom of speech and assembly (unless it's to promote BLM), they can restrict your travel, etc.

Also Democrats: A governor saying only federal, state and local authorities can transport illegal aliens throughout his state is unconstitutional.

I think I have this right, is this right?

Nope. If the federal government isn't behaving as you want, you can elect a new federal government. States don't gain authority over immigration enforcement just because some people are unhappy with immigration enforcement.
Federal government isn't enforcing federal immigration laws and your response is 'nope can't do anything about it'.
You must be cheering that COVID is being spread all over the country by this, such as it is.

Welcome to Biden's American, where you can count on the federal government to not enforce federal laws. Wonderful. 🤬
Biden is quickly racing past Carter as the worst president in history.

Who said tens of thousands of them have Covid? Stop.
Math. Over one million illegal aliens have come to the US since Biden has been in office and estimates show 5-10% of them are covid positive. They're being dumped on states all over the US and most of them are being transported through Texas.

The Delta variant is already here. Too late to close the barn door. If one is serious about addressing Covid, the solution is vaccinations, not deflecting to immigrants as if banning them is the solution.
It's already here, yes.

But it's spreading MORE because of illegals who are infected.

Too late. The surge in inflation did that loooooooong ago!

All we need now is a bungled military op and a major-league oil crisis and the similarities will be complete.

It's already here, yes.

Indeed. Numbers don't lie.

COVID cases among migrants in Rio Grande Valley sector surge 900% as border numbers continue to rise​

EXCLUSIVE: The number of detainees who tested positive for COVID-19 in the Rio Grande Valley (RGV) Sector alone has increased by 900%, according to information obtained by Fox News.

There were 135 detainees who tested positive in the first two weeks of July alone, marking a 900% increase in confirmed positive cases compared to the previous 14 months.

The RGV sector is one of the main destinations for migrants crossing the border, seeing more than 2000 apprehensions each day and accounting for 60% of confirmed positive detainees in the U.S. Border Patrol custody.

This information was obtained exclusively from a slide distributed to RGV Border Patrol managers to share with agents to help them protect themselves from the virus.

Isn't it time to close the border to non-trade traffic? For public safety?

Federal government isn't enforcing federal immigration laws and your response is 'nope can't do anything about it'.
You can do something about it. You can elect a different federal government.
You must be cheering that COVID is being spread all over the country by this, such as it is.
I'm vaccinated and I encourage others to get vaccinated. If you're an adult who chooses not to be vaccinated, I don't care if you get covid.
Welcome to Biden's American, where you can count on the federal government to not enforce federal laws. Wonderful. 🤬
Then I'd suggest you vote for someone else next time.

Yes, yes they are.
The email, written by Lt. Col. Matthew Burrows and leaked to Tucker Carlson reads: "Over the next few days, weeks or months, you may see passenger aircraft on our ramp transporting undocumented non-citizens. Please review the attached public affairs guidance on the issue."​
Just imagine, multiples of COVID loads than was with the TX Dems flying to DC, being shipped all over the country, and causing COVID spikes there. Let's hope it's not the Delta variant, but I suspect it is.

Further imagine that Biden's open borders are doing absolutely nothing to contain this plane load of COVID cases, in fact, are actively working to spread it across the entire nation, not by accident, but on purpose.

Sure beats to hell anything COVID related that Trump ever did.
Neither the Gatewaypundit nor Tucker Carlson are reliable sources. Carlson, specifically defended himself in a defamation suit that no reasonable person should believe what he says on his show.

Fact check:
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/f...-to-cross-southern-border-into-us/ar-BB1ehZmr

It's already here, yes.

And that should not be happening because they are here illegally!

Biden open the border! He put up the welcome sign in the middle of COVID-19!

Neither the Gatewaypundit nor Tucker Carlson are reliable sources. Carlson, specifically defended himself in a defamation suit that no reasonable person should believe what he says on his show.

Fact check:
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/f...-to-cross-southern-border-into-us/ar-BB1ehZmr
From your article:

Cuellar said migrants dropped off at bus stations by Border Patrol agents are likely not tested before they leave to other cities. There is currently no system in place to keep track of whether migrants get tested for COVID-19 once they leave DHS custody.

"Once the Border Patrol releases them, then they have the notice to appear [at immigration case hearing] and they can go anywhere in the U.S.," Cuellar said.

Cuellar is a DEMOCRAT by the way.

It's already here, yes.

A negative coronavirus test is required by the federal government before entry to the U.S. While U.S. Customs and Border Protection conducts screenings, “suspected COVID-19 cases are referred to local health systems for appropriate testing, diagnosis, and treatment,” the agency said in a statement.

Math. Over one million illegal aliens have come to the US since Biden has been in office and estimates show 5-10% of them are covid positive. They're being dumped on states all over the US and most of them are being transported through Texas.
A million have been apprehended, yes. Have they all been released into the country?

If I thought the Biden propaganda arm (Mainstream Media) would faithfully cover this issue, I'd get me some popcorn.

But I don't think they will, so I won't.
This is total BS. Biden has been using the one term mistakes Title 42 immigration order since he took office. Virtually all arrested aliens are being returned to Mexico immediately due to covid concerns. Instead of implementing policies that could actually reduce the spread of Delta the Texas Gov. has decided to do nothing and falsely blame illegals instead. This is what we are seeing in all the surging red states. They have painted themselves into a corner by listening to Mr. One and done and the citizens and hospital workers are paying the price. DeSantis cannot even suggest that people need to get vaccinated with pushback from the death cult.

Analysis: Biden kept a Trump-era border policy in place - that was a mistake, allies say​

WASHINGTON, July 7 (Reuters) - U.S. President Joe Biden has frustrated allies by keeping in place a Trump-era border expulsion policy opposed by human rights activists and health experts, and has appeared to gain little politically as Republicans criticize his handling of the border.
The so-called Title 42 order has allowed U.S. officials to immediately expel migrants who cross the border illegally. The Biden administration is now aiming to exempt families from the policy at the end of July after defending it for months as necessary to help stop the spread of COVID-19 across the southern border, according to three people familiar with the matter.
"No matter what President Biden does at the border, many will criticize him for it," said Aaron Reichlin-Melnick, policy counsel at the immigrant advocacy group American Immigration Council, who has called for an end to Title 42. "So he should just do the right thing and take the action that respects the law and allows people to seek protection."

The Title 42 order has also given Republican critics ammunition, as it helped inflate the number of arrests to 20-year highs in recent months. Because many migrants are simply expelled to Mexico and not deported to their home countries, one person can be arrested repeatedly for multiple crossings, making it appear more people are crossing the border than is the case.

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/bi...place-that-was-mistake-allies-say-2021-07-07/

Last edited:
You can do something about it. You can elect a different federal government.

I'm vaccinated and I encourage others to get vaccinated. If you're an adult who chooses not to be vaccinated, I don't care if you get covid.

Then I'd suggest you vote for someone else next time.
How about this administration get off their ideologically driven insane policy dead asses and actually do their jobs (protecting their citizens)?
Or is that too much to expect them?

How about this administration get off their ideologically driven insane policy dead asses and actually do their jobs (protecting their citizens)?
Or is that too much to expect them?
If they aren't offering covid vaccines to immigrant detainees in their custody, then I agree, they should get off their asses and do that.

I don't have any opinion on what they do with the illegal immigrants beyond that.

If they aren't offering covid vaccines to immigrant detainees in their custody, then I agree, they should get off their asses and do that.

I don't have any opinion on what they do with the illegal immigrants beyond that.
Implement immigration and asylum claims and processing while in the country of origin, like the rest of the world which seeks to immigrate or claim asylum in the US.
Why should the Southern border be any different than the rest of the world?

Democrats: The pandemic gives Democrat governors the power to suspend the US Constitution indefinitely. They can stop you from going to church, they can take away your right to freedom of speech and assembly (unless it's to promote BLM), they can restrict your travel, etc.

Also Democrats: A governor saying only federal, state and local authorities can transport illegal aliens throughout his state is unconstitutional.

I think I have this right, is this right?
no, that is a giant and moronic strawman.

Implement immigration and asylum claims and processing while in the country of origin,
Asylum claims are, by definition, done in the United States. Otherwise it's not an asylum claim, it's a refugee claim.
like the rest of the world which seeks to immigrate or claim asylum in the US.
Not sure what this has to do with the thread. Are we talking about illegal immigrants or asylees?

except it isn't being spread by this.
Welcome to Biden's American, where you can count on the federal government to not enforce federal laws.
They are of course enforcing federal laws.
Wonderful. 🤬
It's hilarious when righties post this kind of nonsense lol

except it isn't being spread by this.
Yeah, right.

COVID cases among migrants in Rio Grande Valley sector surge 900% as border numbers continue to rise​

EXCLUSIVE: The number of detainees who tested positive for COVID-19 in the Rio Grande Valley (RGV) Sector alone has increased by 900%, according to information obtained by Fox News.​
There were 135 detainees who tested positive in the first two weeks of July alone, marking a 900% increase in confirmed positive cases compared to the previous 14 months.​
The RGV sector is one of the main destinations for migrants crossing the border, seeing more than 2000 apprehensions each day and accounting for 60% of confirmed positive detainees in the U.S. Border Patrol custody.​
This information was obtained exclusively from a slide distributed to RGV Border Patrol managers to share with agents to help them protect themselves from the virus.​
They are of course enforcing federal laws.
An open border, such as it is in practicality and reality, is not.
It's hilarious when righties post this kind of nonsense lol

Too late. The surge in inflation did that loooooooong ago!
there is no surge in inflation. So far, bidens economy is trouncing trumps.
All we need now is a bungled military op and a major-league oil crisis and the similarities will be complete.
only if you have no idea what the word similarity means.

And that should not be happening because they are here illegally!

Biden open the border! He put up the welcome sign in the middle of COVID-19!
the border is no more "open" than it has been in the past 4 decades.

Yeah, right.

EXCLUSIVE: The number of detainees who tested positive for COVID-19 in the Rio Grande Valley (RGV) Sector alone has increased by 900%, according to information obtained by Fox News.​
There were 135 detainees who tested positive in the first two weeks of July alone, marking a 900% increase in confirmed positive cases compared to the previous 14 months.​
The RGV sector is one of the main destinations for migrants crossing the border, seeing more than 2000 apprehensions each day and accounting for 60% of confirmed positive detainees in the U.S. Border Patrol custody.​
This information was obtained exclusively from a slide distributed to RGV Border Patrol managers to share with agents to help them protect themselves from the virus.​

An open border, such as it is in practicality and reality, is not.
Every illegal apprehended is given a COVID test prior to entry. Illegals are not spreading covid. Stop it.

The border is no more "open" under biden than it was under trump, obama, bush, clinton, bush sr., reagan etc.

Implement immigration and asylum claims and processing while in the country of origin, like the rest of the world which seeks to immigrate or claim asylum in the US.

You can't apply for asylum in the United States from anywhere but the United States....

Back
Top Bottom