• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

U.S. Ambassador To Netherlands Accused of 'Interference' With Dutch Elections

Yes, it is almost as if the Crimean War never happened and we did not know that this would be Russia´s reaction... :sneaky:
Yes, it was a misjudgment and a bridge too far by Nato. Or more correctly, by the US that runs Nato for it's own gain.

And on other fronts the US dreams of creating, Russia is resolute on protecting it's borders and that means also guarding against further Nato encroachment on it's borders.

M.A.D. has worked for 75 years to limit the US to only about 40 wars of aggression that stopped short of nuclear war.

China really is no longer communist. The various levels of government only own what many would consider strategic industries, or those they want to promote growth in. There are hundreds of thousands of private business's in China, ranging in size from 1 employee, to tens of thousands if not hundreds of thousands.
The level of government ownership would be more like that of France during the 60's to 80's (before neoliberal economics became the rage)
For economic development China generally followed Japan, and South Korea (both of which were either a defacto one party state (Japan) or a dictatorship (South Korea) during the early stages of development.

All three identified industries it wanted the country to be in and supported the growth and development of it. It worked great for Japan until the 80s MITI was reduced in power. Still is working for Korea, and still working for China

You're mistakenly concluding that capitalism can't function within a communist system such as China's. What you can conclude is that capitalism can function within a democracy as well as within a communst system

You seem to have been told a mistruth and now you're parroting it.

Rest assured that the PRC is still a communist system. However, I would find it highly entertaining to hear why you think China is a democracy!

Germany in 1945 was a bombed out wreck as well. Does that mean Hitler’s fall was a bad thing? :unsure:🙄
Germany was engaged in a war from 1939 to 1945

Libya was not

apples to oranges
Well yea, that's because they dont ***** foot around and get things done when needed (for the most part.. ghost cities dont count). This stimulates the economy big time. Had California or the East Coast been Chinese, then there would be high speed 300 km/h trains all over the place and the bridges would not be falling apart. It only really means that their government is far more efficient than the American, which is strange saying and at the same time terrifying.

Ghost cities are not actually a thing.

Due to China’s mass planning they build and develop districts as a whole rather than piecemeal. They will build an entire district or what would be a Mid size city in another country first then have people move in.

So in that case it takes time for the new district to gain people and businesses. From what I can tell most Chinese flats tend to be replaced after about 30 years. Old construction, lower quality builds from when China was poorer. One person I know had his parents home rebuilt 6 times from the 1960 as they were able to afford better and better quality. The last about 15 years ago ( parents died, house now being used by a there grandson

You're mistakenly concluding that capitalism can't function within a communist system such as China's. What you can conclude is that capitalism can function within a democracy as well as within a communst system

You seem to have been told a mistruth and now you're parroting it.

Rest assured that the PRC is still a communist system. However, I would find it highly entertaining to hear why you think China is a democracy!
Where did I say China was a democracy, I don’t recall mentioning democracy at all

Define communism

The way communism was practiced under Mao and the USSR, China today does not practice it.

Where did I say China was a democracy, I don’t recall mentioning democracy at all

Define communism

The way communism was practiced under Mao and the USSR, China today does not practice it.
When you're wrong you shouldn't try to take the debate to another level. And so to keep it grounded, if China isn't communist or democratic, then what is it?
The term 'communist' is correctly applied to Cuba too.

When you're wrong you shouldn't try to take the debate to another level. And so to keep it grounded, if China isn't communist or democratic, then what is it?
The term 'communist' is correctly applied to Cuba too.
China resembles a fascist country far more then a communist country. There is a significant amount of private ownership of business and other property in China. It is authoritarian and not democratic
Note

Being capitalist does not mean democratic. Plenty of capitalist countries are not democratic

In the case of Gaddafi it was his decades long support for international terrorism(and direct launching of attacks).....something which Scots would know about. Or does Lockerbie not ring a bell?

Coupled with his always present brutality(he was a serial rapist on a mass rape) and his habit of brutally abusing his own people.....there was no reason to stand by and let him slaughter his own people, and we didn’t.

You might as well blame Switzerland since Gaddafi called for it to be carved up and “declared jihad” on it.
you wanna talk Lockerbie the CIA using a paid CIA informant to get one of the suspects convicted on his evidence evidence he retracted less than a year later mad e a absolute mockery of our judicial system .... we all know who was behind Lockerbie it was not Gadaffi he was a patsy the real culprits was Iran for the revenge of the USS Vincennes shooting down Iranair 655 over Iranian Aerospace whilst in Iranian maritime waters which had happened 6 months earlier than Lockerbie after the Ayatollah vowed revenge .... it was meant to blow up over the atlantic

you wanna talk Lockerbie the CIA using a paid CIA informant to get one of the suspects convicted on his evidence evidence he retracted less than a year later mad e a absolute mockery of our judicial system .... we all know who was behind Lockerbie it was not Gadaffi he was a patsy the real culprits was Iran for the revenge of the USS Vincennes shooting down Iranair 655 over Iranian Aerospace whilst in Iranian maritime waters which had happened 6 months earlier than Lockerbie after the Ayatollah vowed revenge .... it was meant to blow up over the atlantic

Lol yeah, the CIA would definitely cover up an attack by Iran, a country which they would definitely need to pretend didn’t launch a terrorist attack 🙄

Your premise is laughable. There is no reason why the CIA would cover up an Iranian terrorist attack. Not to mention, of course, that Libya formally admitted responsibility for the attack back in 2002.

The Soviets are gone. They are no more.

Communism is a failed ideology.
i think you will find Capitalism is also a failed ideology .... it failed badly in 2007/08 and the banks had to be bailed out by governments and taxpayers .... even before the pandemic the world economy was heading towards another crash ... Covid 19 only hastened it

Godric1970, Great signature you have posted there! Reminds me of Mark Twain's war prayer.
The difference between the Cold war and now is that Russia and China have interests to protect too and so the US has to go through M.A.D. in order to make any gains.

from Stargate SG1 seasons 9 and 10 and their battles with the Ori

Lol yeah, the CIA would definitely cover up an attack by Iran, a country which they would definitely need to pretend didn’t launch a terrorist attack 🙄

Your premise is laughable. There is no reason why the CIA would cover up an Iranian terrorist attack. Not to mention, of course, that Libya formally admitted responsibility for the attack back in 2002.
no they never and one of the men that was involved in the plot who was arrested in Germany said the order was given by the ayatollahs

the CIA will go to any length they knew an another attack on Iran would be a bad move ... the CIA have zero credibility in Europe and especially in Scotland

and another thing how many times has the USA & the CIA used Terrorists to achieve their goals .... that is why your country is classed as the world's rogue nation by the UN

Last edited:
no they never and one of the men that was involved in the plot who was arrested in Germany said the order was given by the ayatollahs

In other words, guy desperately hoping for clemency after committing mass murder says what he thinks his jailers want to hear. Yeah.....not exactly a plausible source.

... Communist China has raised hundreds of millions of its people up out of poverty and shows real signs of eclipsing the US by peaceful means ...

The Uyghurs came to mind when I read this.

The Uyghurs came to mind when I read this.
Yea focus on one small minority instead of the 400+ million lifted out of poverty which was the subject.

And no I in no way support what China supposedly is doing against its minority populations.

Sent from my JSN-L21 using Tapatalk

Yea focus on one small minority instead of the 400+ million lifted out of poverty which was the subject.

And no I in no way support what China supposedly is doing against its minority populations.

What China is "supposedly" doing?

Get off the fence Pete!

Yes, let's just forget those pesky Uyghurs, they're only a minority, let's focus solely on the 400+ million lucky souls instead.

What China is "supposedly" doing?

Get off the fence Pete!
What fence? Do you actually believe on face vale information from sources that have mislead us before?

Listen I am not dismissing that what they are accused of is happening. Hell my gut says Yea they could do this.. However when the only evidence is grainy photos and "evidence" from dissidents and Western intelligence agencies, then Yea I need more. Remember Iraq? Iraqi dissidents and US intelligence agencies all said Saddam had WMD... Wups!

So sorry if I am not jumping on hate China bandwagon.

Sent from my JSN-L21 using Tapatalk

What fence? ...

The one you're sitting on.

Listen I am not dismissing that what they are accused of is happening. Hell my gut says Yea they could do this.. However when the only evidence is grainy photos and "evidence" from dissidents and Western intelligence agencies, then Yea I need more. Remember Iraq? Iraqi dissidents and US intelligence agencies all said Saddam had WMD... Wups!

There's a lot more than just grainy photos, and if you're prepared to deny overwhelming evidence produced by Western intelligence, then thank goodness people like you are a minority, or the Uyghur's would really be screwed.

So sorry if I am not jumping on hate China bandwagon.

No apologises, I know you're far too busy on the hate UK/US bandwagon instead.

Well yea, that's because they dont ***** foot around and get things done when needed (for the most part.. ghost cities dont count). This stimulates the economy big time. Had California or the East Coast been Chinese, then there would be high speed 300 km/h trains all over the place and the bridges would not be falling apart. It only really means that their government is far more efficient than the American, which is strange saying and at the same time terrifying.

If you believe the Chinese are terribly efficient, you'll believe anything.

What you're seeing is unchecked capitalism which is extremely efficient. And brutal.

Yes, let's just forget those pesky Uyghurs, they're only a minority, let's focus solely on the 400+ million lucky souls instead.
Yes, they really are a pesky minority and China should be smacking them down in the interests of their billion and a half people whose welfare comes first. And while I'm here, China should stop playing around with H.K. and do the same. After all, in both cases it's attrubutable to US interference in China's affairs.

As to America relating to this? America has to quickly learn how to deal with the 1% that is stealing the wealth of the country and causing all the political unrest that's coming down now. The solution isn't in either Trump or Biden, it's in dumping the US establishment ripoff of the people and beginning to learn about 'socially' responsible capitalism instead of 'corrupt' capitalism controlled by the very wealthy.

China has started to solve their problem with use of their communist system. America is avoiding even facing the problem by allowing Trump to turn the country into a fascist state.

Yes, they really are a pesky minority and China should be smacking them down in the interests of their billion and a half people whose welfare comes first. And while I'm here, China should stop playing around with H.K. and do the same. After all, in both cases it's attrubutable to US interference in China's affairs.

As to America relating to this? America has to quickly learn how to deal with the 1% that is stealing the wealth of the country and causing all the political unrest that's coming down now. The solution isn't in either Trump or Biden, it's in dumping the US establishment ripoff of the people and beginning to learn about 'socially' responsible capitalism instead of 'corrupt' capitalism controlled by the very wealthy.

China has started to solve their problem with use of their communist system. America is avoiding even facing the problem by allowing Trump to turn the country into a fascist state.

Oh look, another tankie. Why am I not surprised.

So, in short, you think China should continue its attempts to wipe out the Uigher culture and roll in the tanks to crush pro democracy protesters because....reasons.

In other words, guy desperately hoping for clemency after committing mass murder says what he thinks his jailers want to hear. Yeah.....not exactly a plausible source.
based on the evidence of a CIA paid informant and he was well paid for his part in damaging the Scottish courts

based on the evidence of a CIA paid informant and he was well paid for his part in damaging the Scottish courts

Your entire premise, again, has no basis in fact. There is no reason the CIA would cover up an Iranian attack. None. And Libya formally admitted responsibility for the attack years ago, which they certainly wouldn’t have done if they didn’t do it.

In short, it’s another case of desperate trying to appease your own hatreds by whining about the victims.

Back
Top Bottom