• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

U.S. Accuses China of Lax Intellectual Property Protection

Jkca1

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
I feel I have heard this story before;

"WASHINGTON—The Biden administration criticized China’s protection of U.S. intellectual property, saying that Beijing still must make a “full range of fundamental changes” to improve protection of U.S. patents, copyrights and trade secrets.

“China needs to address weak enforcement channels and a lack of transparency and judicial independence,” the U.S. Trade Representative’s office said in its annual report on intellectual property protection released Wednesday.

China has disputed similar claims by the U.S. in the past, saying it has made protection of intellectual property a priority because it is key for scientific advancement to its economy. The Chinese Embassy didn’t immediately respond to a request for comment."

You don't say. . . .

And this time around, perhaps the administration will come up with a useful strategy, rather than making loud stupid noises, stabbing US farmers/manufacturers in the back, bailing them out for tens of billions, and then using official business to pick up trademarks and other favors for family.

TPP was one of them until you-know-who ripped it up and replaced it with nothing; the one who used official business for personal corruption.

_________
Now, who's gonna be the first idiot to squeal about how nobody should compare the last president to the current president, in light of the last president's desire to run again and power over the GOP? Y'know, "lives rent free"?

Who's the first idiot?

I feel I have heard this story before;
Yes.

We all have.

You cannot believe the word of the Chinese Reds.

After all, they are (supposedly) communists.

They believe that treaties are just pieces of paper.

Sadly, many American businesspeople, politicians (and/or their sons), movie "stars," and athletes are willing to kowtow to Beijing for the moola.

Back
Top Bottom