• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

U.N. Small Arms Treaty (new edition)

No this is your usual avoidance tactic you do it when you’re backed into a corner on an argument and can’t figure out how to move forward or get yourself out of it. It’s like clockwork

1. Refuse to answer questions
2. The claim they were answered,
3. keep asking different goal post moving questions
4. accuse others of refusing to answer your questions,
5. declare yourself the victor,
6. spam thread with washing machine questions.
7. Do all you can to get the last post in on the thread no matter how irrelevant
8. Rinse wash repeat
We are at step 2 soon to move into step 3. If you try hard you can probably get to 4 maybe even 5 by bed time. Then enjoy 6 7 for the rest of the week and #8 start fresh in a new thread Monday

Nope you just failed the comprehend

Are you saying the 3D printers do not present a fatal flaw in gun control (bans) ?
Because the pro-gun lobby says it does

If it does, then what's the impact on your plan to ban large magazines ?

If it doesn't, you're at odds with the rest of the pro-gun side of the gun debate.

There: d i d I s p e l l i t o u t c l e a r e n o u g h f o r y o u ?.

Nope you just failed the comprehend
No you did not make a clear point, as I am not the only person asking for clarification. Instead of clarifying your point or even referencing the post you feel made your point you have ignored those requests. You simply are playing your normal game of not answering any questions to clarify your contradictory statements.

Are you saying the 3D printers do not present a fatal flaw in gun control (bans) ?
Because the pro-gun lobby says it does
Even though are unwilling to clarify your point I will answer in good faith in the hope for some clarification on questions asked of you in return.

At the present time NO 3-D printing does not present a fatal flaw as the technology is not up to the job as of today. The materials can not withstand prolonged use. The price today still makes them just outside the mass market appeal. Because of the availability of better products at an overall cheaper price 3D gun parts are still in the novelty phase of existence.
If it does, then what's the impact on your plan to ban large magazines ?
In the current day it does not as mentioned above.
If it doesn't, you're at odds with the rest of the pro-gun side of the gun debate.

There: d i d I s p e l l i t o u t c l e a r e n o u g h f o r y o u ?.
I don’t know anyone who says 3D printed gun parts have any significant effect on firearms as of today. There has not been a need for them to have mass appeal as of yet.

Now will you clarify your position on the average person and their ability to preform gunsmith work at home using the tools on hand?

Last edited:
No you did not make a clear point...

Is post#76 any clearer for you ?

Even though are unwilling to clarify your point I will answer in good faith in the hope for some clarification on questions asked of you in return.

At the present time NO 3-D printing does not present a fatal flaw as the technology is not up to the job as of today. The materials can not withstand prolonged use. The price today still makes them just outside the mass market appeal. Because of the availability of better products at an overall cheaper price 3D gun parts are still in the novelty phase of existence.

In the current day it does not as mentioned above.

I don’t know anyone who says 3D printed gun parts have any significant effect on firearms as of today. There has not been a need for them to have mass appeal as of yet.

So you ***DO*** understand the point

People on this very site have claimed 3D printers undermine gun control, with respect to banning certain types of weapon

Are you saying you've never seen anyone make this claim ?
Are you saying 3D printers would NOT undermine a gun ban ?

Now will you clarify your position on the average person and their ability to preform gunsmith work at home using the tools on hand?

I don't think 3D printers would undermine any future gun ban - however posters on here have passionately claimed they would
(and that pretty much anyone familiar with a machine shop could make a gun these days with the advent of 3D printers

Good to know you also deny this would be the case

However your position does run contrary to that of the gun lobby's arguments.

Is post#76 any clearer for you ?

Yes you made it clear you are unwilling to clarify your position. Post 76 does nothing of the sort.
So you ***DO*** understand the point
Of course I do. You are the only one who seems not to understand based on your continued dodge.
People on this very site have claimed 3D printers undermine gun control, with respect to banning certain types of weapon

Are you saying you've never seen anyone make this claim ?
Are you saying 3D printers would NOT undermine a gun ban ?

I am saying you are not paying attention to what those people said and instead go off on a tangent not relating to what’s has been said. You can’t help yourself.
I don't think
You should have stopped there it would have been the first honest statement you made today
3D printers would undermine any future gun ban - however posters on here have passionately claimed they would
(and that pretty much anyone familiar with a machine shop could make a gun these days with the advent of 3D printers

Good to know you also deny this would be the case

However your position does run contrary to that of the gun lobby's arguments.
Future gun bans and the 3D printing market is a guessing game and I am making no speculations on what the future impact of 3D technology will have on gun control. I am only talking about today and the limitations currently.[/quote]

Yes you made it clear you are unwilling to clarify your position. Post 76 does nothing of the sort.

Sorry your reading comprehension is lacking.

Of course I do.

So your unable to comprehend what I said in post#76,
And then you promptly say that you DO understand

How can anyone understand you when you flip-flop like this ?

I am saying you are not paying attention to what those people said and instead go off on a tangent not relating to what’s has been said. You can’t help yourself.

You should have stopped there it would have been the first honest statement you made today

Future gun bans and the 3D printing market is a guessing game and I am making no speculations on what the future impact of 3D technology will have on gun control. I am only talking about today and the limitations currently.

People said that the rise of 3D printing meant that gun bans were fatally undermined
If this is the case (and I don't agree it is), then it's a hell of a lot easier to manufacture a firearm magazine than the whole firearm, wouldn't you say ?

Still nice to know you agree with me, just know that your position is contrary to what many (most?) pro gunners say.

Sorry your reading comprehension is lacking.

So your unable to comprehend what I said in post#76,
And then you promptly say that you DO understand

How can anyone understand you when you flip-flop like this ?

People said that the rise of 3D printing meant that gun bans were fatally undermined
If this is the case (and I don't agree it is), then it's a hell of a lot easier to manufacture a firearm magazine than the whole firearm, wouldn't you say ?

Still nice to know you agree with me, just know that your position is contrary to what many (most?) pro gunners say.
You have not addressed your contradictory positions and you never will. You can’t because you have been on both sides of the topic and got caught. I played your game and you were unable to honestly reply to a question that was asked of you multiple. You are free to think anything you wish, your opinions are less respected than a pile of dog shit. Until you are willing to honestly answer the question this conversation is over and you can go eat a bag of dicks with your dishonesty in posting. Move on to step 4

You have not addressed your contradictory positions and you never will. You can’t because you have been on both sides of the topic and got caught. I played your game and you were unable to honestly reply to a question that was asked of you multiple. You are free to think anything you wish, your opinions are less respected than a pile of dog shit. Until you are willing to honestly answer the question this conversation is over and you can go eat a bag of dicks with your dishonesty in posting. Move on to step 4

What do you see as contradictory positions ?

What do you see as contradictory positions ?

I usually note them as Rich vs Rich for your amusement and edification.

You can use the search function to find them. One example was-after arguing for years that private vehicles are necessary- you suddenly turned and began arguing people don't need them. That was some funny stuff.

I usually note them as Rich vs Rich for your amusement and edification.

You can use the search function to find them. One example was-after arguing for years that private vehicles are necessary- you suddenly turned and began arguing people don't need them. That was some funny stuff.
Shotguns are not portable, but the best home defense gun for it’s easy use.
People don’t have the tools or skill to work on guns at home, it’s easy to work on guns at home.
I have a lot of military experience, I can’t determine if a barrel on a gun has been shot out.
I want to ban all guns, but we aren’t going to ban all guns.

The laughable list just keeps offering up new material

Shotguns are not portable, but the best home defense gun for it’s easy use.

Correct on both counts.

People don’t have the tools or skill to work on guns at home, it’s easy to work on guns at home.

Most people don't have the skills to MAKE guns
But there are those in the gun community, that say anyone with machine shop skills can with the aid of modern 3D printers

Your straw-man verges on dishonesty.

I have a lot of military experience, I can’t determine if a barrel on a gun has been shot out.

Military experience does not qualify you as an armorer
(you can't either Btw)

I want to ban all guns, but we aren’t going to ban all guns.

More dishonesty
Ban all guns, but allow exemptions to the ban
You're as bad as TurtleDude.

The laughable list just keeps offering up new material

That's all you've got ?

Correct on both counts.

Most people don't have the skills to MAKE guns
But there are those in the gun community, that say anyone with machine shop skills can with the aid of modern 3D printers

Your straw-man verges on dishonesty.

Military experience does not qualify you as an armorer
(you can't either Btw)

More dishonesty
Ban all guns, but allow exemptions to the ban
You're as bad as TurtleDude.

That's all you've got ?

Shotguns are portable. Your insistence they aren't, is nothing but trolling at this point. If it isn't trolling...well...I shudder to think. But since the original conversation was with me, and I observed how and why you came to that argument, I'm going with option 1.

Shotguns are portable. Your insistence they aren't, is nothing but trolling at this point. If it isn't trolling...well...I shudder to think. But since the original conversation was with me, and I observed how and why you came to that argument, I'm going with option 1.
There is no doubt it’s option one

There is no doubt it’s option one

Shotguns are portable in the home and on private property (with the property owner's permission)

You can't really carry them around on public property, especially crowded public property
You dishonestly ignore the context

Not atypical of the gun lobby, about as honest as Russian propaganda.

Shotguns are portable in the home and on private property (with the property owner's permission)

You can't really carry them around on public property, especially crowded public property
You dishonestly ignore the context

Not atypical of the gun lobby, about as honest as Russian propaganda.
They're still portable, even if prohibited to carry.

Besides, some states have open carry, so no prohibition about carrying a shotgun on public property. My state doesn't allow open carry, but allows hunting in state parks. So guns are carried on public property- including shotguns.

Your idea that something isn't portable if it is prohibited to be carried, is exceptionally stupid.

If it wasn't portable, there would be little reason to prohibit carrying it, eh?

Back
Top Bottom