• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

U.N. Small Arms Treaty (new edition)

In addition, "end user" info is explicitly forbidden as per The Firearm Owners' Protection Act of 1986 (FOPA):

The FOPA makes it illegal for the national government or any state in the country to keep any database or registry that ties firearms directly to their owner. Here is the exact wording:

No such rule or regulation prescribed [by the Attorney General] after the date of the enactment of the Firearms Owners Protection Act may require that records required to be maintained under this chapter or any portion of the contents of such records, be recorded at or transferred to a facility owned, managed, or controlled by the United States or any State or any political subdivision thereof, nor that any system of registration of firearms, firearms owners, or firearms transactions or disposition be established. Nothing in this section expands or restricts the Secretary's authority to inquire into the disposition of any firearm in the course of a criminal investigation.

This FOPA protects "end-users" from inclusion into any form of National Gun Registry. Some states can (and DO) require some firearms to be registered.
California, Connecticut, Hawaii, Maryland, New Jersey and New York have some form of Gun Registry.

In addition, "end user" info is explicitly forbidden as per The Firearm Owners' Protection Act of 1986 (FOPA):

The FOPA makes it illegal for the national government or any state in the country to keep any database or registry that ties firearms directly to their owner. Here is the exact wording:

No such rule or regulation prescribed [by the Attorney General] after the date of the enactment of the Firearms Owners Protection Act may require that records required to be maintained under this chapter or any portion of the contents of such records, be recorded at or transferred to a facility owned, managed, or controlled by the United States or any State or any political subdivision thereof, nor that any system of registration of firearms, firearms owners, or firearms transactions or disposition be established. Nothing in this section expands or restricts the Secretary's authority to inquire into the disposition of any firearm in the course of a criminal investigation.

This FOPA protects "end-users" from inclusion into any form of National Gun Registry. Some states can (and DO) require some firearms to be registered.
California, Connecticut, Hawaii, Maryland, New Jersey and New York have some form of Gun Registry.

Or protects criminals.

It doesn’t but it goes against his stupid ban all guns but don’t ban all guns nonsense and he is trying to stay relevant with his spam

So all bans are "stupid" or just gun bans...or just gun bans in the USA.

Psychological projection.

So all bans are "stupid" or just gun bans...or just gun bans in the USA.

Psychological projection.
No one has claimed all bans are stupid. Myself and others from both sides of the gun control debate have told you repeatedly all the bans you have purposed for gun control are stupid. Stop trying to make an analogy between sensible bans and the stupidity you keep bulling out a bulls ass to stink up the place. Why can’t you defend your position instead of trying to change the subject? Is it because even you aren’t dumb enough to believe the plan you spam and troll the threads with would actually work here in the US? No Need to answer, it will just be a lie like every other post you have made. Your posts have been and will always be the pond scum of the gun forum.

No one has claimed all bans are stupid. Myself and others from both sides of the gun control debate have told you repeatedly all the bans you have purposed for gun control are stupid. Stop trying to make an analogy between sensible bans and the stupidity you keep bulling out a bulls ass to stink up the place. Why can’t you defend your position instead of trying to change the subject? Is it because even you aren’t dumb enough to believe the plan you spam and troll the threads with would actually work here in the US? No Need to answer, it will just be a lie like every other post you have made. Your posts have been and will always be the pond scum of the gun forum.

So what gun bans are not "stupid" ?

For the sake of argument, how would you enact a gun ban in the USA ?

So what gun bans are not "stupid" ?
An example of a restriction I don’t think is stupid is high capacity magazines. I agree with Biden that no one needs a 100 round magazine. So cap capacity at 25 rounds and move on.
For the sake of argument, how would you enact a gun ban in the USA ?
I would not enact a total gun ban. But if you want to play hypothetical fantasy games, I would snap my fingers and poof.

On his recent trip to Europe, Biden has informed the international community that he is committed to resuming Barack Obama’s push to subject American gun owners to the UN Small Arms Treaty.

This UN Small Arms Treaty infringes on American's right to keep and bear Arms, and it violates our Second Amendment which explicitly states that "the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

The Treaty would enable a GLOBAL GUN REGISTRY, which would require the American government to disclose the ‘end user’ of each and every rifle, pistol and shotgun in circulation to the United Nations.

Hopefully, republican lawmakers recognize the violation of our constitutional right to keep and bear arms, and vote against the Treaty.

If republicans fail to swat it down, it will need to be nullified by the SCOTUS.

Americans don't need (or want) foreigners to have our names on their gun registries. If they want to register gun owners in their own countries, that's fine. But American gun owners don't want our names on their registry.

If Biden signs this UN Small Arms Treaty, he should immediately be impeached, convicted, and removed from office.
Biden can sign whatever he wants, but it doesnt have any power or authority and it would never pass the senate (nor would it pass Supreme Court challenges)

An example of a restriction I don’t think is stupid is high capacity magazines. I agree with Biden that no one needs a 100 round magazine. So cap capacity at 25 rounds and move on.

I would not enact a total gun ban. But if you want to play hypothetical fantasy games, I would snap my fingers and poof.
Of COURSE you need high capacity magazines in potential combat environments.

Standard capacity is 30 rounds. There are likely 100s of millions of these in the possession of lawful gun owners.

And what data do you have on the number of gun related crimes, that involve such a high capacity magazine ?
What would be your criteria for such magazines? 100 rounds ? Why not 50 ?
Are you aware that guns taking, say, a 50 round magazine, can also take a 100 round magazine ?
Would you ban existing "high capacity" magazines, and require honest, law abiding citizens to turn them in on pain of a felony conviction ?

Won't criminals who break the law anyway, just break this one ?
So the best you'll do is disarm the law abiding...so what real effect could your "ban" really have ?

I would not enact a total gun ban.

I wouldn't prohibit all guns either.

But if you want to play hypothetical fantasy games, I would snap my fingers and poof.

And you call the gun controls others propose as "stupid", when you've just demonstrated that you have no idea how to significantly control guns.

Of COURSE you need high capacity magazines in potential combat environments.

What “combat environment”? This is America. We haven’t had a “combat environment” here for over a century.

Standard capacity is 30 rounds. There are likely 100s of millions of these in the possession of lawful gun owners.

Easy solve grandfather in 30 after that they new ones get shortened by a quarter inch to hold 25.

Easy solve grandfather in 30 after that they new ones get shortened by a quarter inch to hold 25.

And how many 25 round magazines exist ?

Gun lover are quick to say that a gun ban would fail, because modern 3D printing means anyone with a workshop can make guns
If this is the case, it's sure easier to make a simple magazine.

And what data do you have on the number of gun related crimes, that involve such a high capacity magazine ?
What would be your criteria for such magazines? 100 rounds ? Why not 50 ?
Are you aware that guns taking, say, a 50 round magazine, can also take a 100 round magazine ?

What part of caping capacity at 25 did you not understand.

Would you ban existing "high capacity" magazines, and require honest, law abiding citizens to turn them in on pain of a felony conviction ?

I would grandfather them in for use on private land. Start with fines and temporary loss of gun rights on first offense then progressively become more severe for repeat offenders. Using one in a crime would carry an additional penalty.

Won't criminals who break the law anyway, just break this one ?
Criminals break laws it’s kind of their thing.
So the best you'll do is disarm the law abiding...so what real effect could your "ban" really have ?
Slow down there junior. We are not talking about disarming people. Please try to stay on track and not jump goal posts as you typically do.

I wouldn't prohibit all guns either.
I didn’t ask what you would do because I don’t care what you would do.

And you call the gun controls others propose as "stupid", when you've just demonstrated that you have no idea how to significantly control guns.
No I am calling your arguments stupid because they are and other posters from all sides of the political spectrum have also pointed that out. Don’t lump others common sense solutions in with your claptrap.[/quote][/quote]

Last edited:
What's the point?
A common sense solution to the magazine controversy. It allows for enough rounds for pest control, loud bang fun to waste money times and prevent a group of limey twits from trying to take your guns or impose their will. It allows the left to pat themselves on the back for doing something/anything about gun violence. It allows the right to point at how they protected everyone from the 5 round limits some are calling for. A rare compromise

On his recent trip to Europe, Biden has informed the international community that he is committed to resuming Barack Obama’s push to subject American gun owners to the UN Small Arms Treaty.

This UN Small Arms Treaty infringes on American's right to keep and bear Arms, and it violates our Second Amendment which explicitly states that "the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

The Treaty would enable a GLOBAL GUN REGISTRY, which would require the American government to disclose the ‘end user’ of each and every rifle, pistol and shotgun in circulation to the United Nations.

Hopefully, republican lawmakers recognize the violation of our constitutional right to keep and bear arms, and vote against the Treaty.

If republicans fail to swat it down, it will need to be nullified by the SCOTUS.

Americans don't need (or want) foreigners to have our names on their gun registries. If they want to register gun owners in their own countries, that's fine. But American gun owners don't want our names on their registry.

If Biden signs this UN Small Arms Treaty, he should immediately be impeached, convicted, and removed from office.

I don't see a link to Biden saying anything about that.

A common sense solution to the magazine controversy. It allows for enough rounds for pest control, loud bang fun to waste money times and prevent a group of limey twits from trying to take your guns or impose their will. It allows the left to pat themselves on the back for doing something/anything about gun violence. It allows the right to point at how they protected everyone from the 5 round limits some are calling for. A rare compromise
Seriously, why 25? What makes that common sense?

And how many 25 round magazines exist ?

25 exactly who knows. I have a few dozen in that range. It would cover most all handguns and many rifles without much trouble.
Gun lover are quick to say that a gun ban would fail, because modern 3D printing means anyone with a workshop can make guns
If this is the case, it's sure easier to make a simple magazine.
So put you down as someone not interested in compromise.

30 exists, and that's what the tooling is set up for.

Why is 50 too many?
From 30 to 25 would not require a lot of tooling change at all.

50 is too many because I’m not a complete idiot that can’t hit their target. You don’t need 50 rounds you need more practice. 25 still allows for a lot of lead to go down range in a short amount of time to discourage multiple attackers from advancing

Back
Top Bottom