• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

U.N. Small Arms Treaty (new edition)

SkyChief

USN Veteran
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian
On his recent trip to Europe, Biden has informed the international community that he is committed to resuming Barack Obama’s push to subject American gun owners to the UN Small Arms Treaty.

This UN Small Arms Treaty infringes on American's right to keep and bear Arms, and it violates our Second Amendment which explicitly states that "the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

The Treaty would enable a GLOBAL GUN REGISTRY, which would require the American government to disclose the ‘end user’ of each and every rifle, pistol and shotgun in circulation to the United Nations.

Hopefully, republican lawmakers recognize the violation of our constitutional right to keep and bear arms, and vote against the Treaty.

If republicans fail to swat it down, it will need to be nullified by the SCOTUS.

Americans don't need (or want) foreigners to have our names on their gun registries. If they want to register gun owners in their own countries, that's fine. But American gun owners don't want our names on their registry.

If Biden signs this UN Small Arms Treaty, he should immediately be impeached, convicted, and removed from office.

No treaty has the authority to supersede the Constitution. In order for this treaty to take place, congress would have to make and pass an amendment (with 2/3rds of the States) to repeal the 2nd amendment, then congress could ratify this treaty. However this still brings into questions about privacy laws in the Unites States, names being on a registry list that other countries would have access to. Can you imagine a hostile nation having access to the location of every firearm within the United States.

On his recent trip to Europe, Biden has informed the international community that he is committed to resuming Barack Obama’s push to subject American gun owners to the UN Small Arms Treaty.

This UN Small Arms Treaty infringes on American's right to keep and bear Arms, and it violates our Second Amendment which explicitly states that "the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

The Treaty would enable a GLOBAL GUN REGISTRY, which would require the American government to disclose the ‘end user’ of each and every rifle, pistol and shotgun in circulation to the United Nations.

Hopefully, republican lawmakers recognize the violation of our constitutional right to keep and bear arms, and vote against the Treaty.

If republicans fail to swat it down, it will need to be nullified by the SCOTUS.

Americans don't need (or want) foreigners to have our names on their gun registries. If they want to register gun owners in their own countries, that's fine. But American gun owners don't want our names on their registry.

If Biden signs this UN Small Arms Treaty, he should immediately be impeached, convicted, and removed from office.
We should delete Article 2, item A.1.h and then the treaty would be fine. That is my suggestion.

No treaty has the authority to supersede the Constitution. In order for this treaty to take place, congress would have to make and pass an amendment (with 2/3rds of the States) to repeal the 2nd amendment, then congress could ratify this treaty. However this still brings into questions about privacy laws in the Unites States, names being on a registry list that other countries would have access to. Can you imagine a hostile nation having access to the location of every firearm within the United States.

What do you fantasize Syria or Venezuela would do with that information? It’s not like anyone is ever going to invade the US.

What do you fantasize Syria or Venezuela would do with that information? It’s not like anyone is ever going to invade the US.
Take a good look at our southern border and tell me that there is no way we can be invaded. With 1.6 million people crossing into the U.S. in 2020, it wouldn't take long to do some serious damage if only 1% of them were insurgents.

Take a good look at our southern border and tell me that there is no way we can be invaded. With 1.6 million people crossing into the U.S. in 2020, it would take long to do some serious damage if only 1% of them were insurgents.

😂

And yet, in twenty years we’ve never had the slightest issue with any “invading insurgent army”. You’d think it would have happened by now if it was really so easy.

😂

And yet, in twenty years we’ve never had the slightest issue with any “invading insurgent army”. You’d think it would have happened by now if it was really so easy.
If I wanted to invade the U.S. this is exactly how I would do it. I would bide my time and wait until I had a sufficient force to make my move and then when the American people are at their weakest I would strike.

If I wanted to invade the U.S. this is exactly how I would do it. I would bide my time and wait until I had a sufficient force to make my move and then when the American people are at their weakest I would strike.

There aren’t enough “insurgents” in the entire Middle East to pull off an invasion of the US.

Where are you keeping the literally thousands upon thousands of soldiers, tanks and aircraft you’d need? How are you feeding and resupplying them? How are you going to get them to Mexico without anyone figuring it out? How are you going to move them to the border without the Mexican Army, you know, stepping to stop this vast foreign army marching across their country? How are you keeping any of this secret?

The whole concept is downright hysterical.

The UN small arms treaty is in no way an infringement of the 2A

Why ?

You mean you
You speak for yourself, not others.

Why, it would not be a high crime or misdemeanor ?

(if the Republicans win the House this year, president Biden will be impeached for something like "looking at his watch the wrong way".

😂

And the last world war was over 70 years ago but Biden's doing his best to stir another up.

Last edited:
And the last world war was over 70 years ago but Biden's doing his best to sir another up.

Russia doesn’t possess the capability to invade the United States anyway. Neither does China.

There aren’t enough “insurgents” in the entire Middle East to pull off an invasion of the US.
???
Where are you keeping the literally thousands upon thousands of soldiers, tanks and aircraft you’d need? How are you feeding and resupplying them? How are you going to get them to Mexico without anyone figuring it out?
And all these people are coming from the middle east?
How are you going to move them to the border without the Mexican Army, you know, stepping to stop this vast foreign army marching across their country? How are you keeping any of this secret?
Maybe the Mexican army is in on it it along with Hondurans, Haitians. Why do you think this is all coming from the middle east?

The whole concept is downright hysterical.
Yes your concept is. And incidentally if all the insurgents in the middle east came here who would we fight there?

???

And all these people are coming from the middle east?

Maybe the Mexican army is in on it it along with Hondurans, Haitians. Why do you think this is all coming from the middle east?

Yes your concept is. And incidentally if all the insurgents in the middle east came here who would we fight there?

Ask the guy who thinks we could get invaded, I was responding to his fantasy.

Lol oh really? Mexico, Honduras and Haiti are going to form a coalition to invade the US? Sure that’s the line you want to go with?

Russia doesn’t possess the capability to invade the United States anyway. Neither does China.
I didn't say Russia or China but your know doubt right however things could get real hot here (and there). No invasion necessary.

Ask the guy who thinks we could get invaded, I was responding to his fantasy.

Lol oh really? Mexico, Honduras and Haiti are going to form a coalition to invade the US? Sure that’s the line you want to go with?
No different then your all middle east and how do they get here.

I didn't say Russia or China but your know doubt right however things could get real hot here (and there). No invasion necessary.

The poster was specifically worrying about “hostile foreign powers getting their hands on a list of where all the guns were”.

I pointed out that such a list would be totally useless to them.

No different then your all middle east and how do they get here.

.....you do realize I was pointing out WHY his idea that we could be invaded by “insurgents” was nonsense, right?

Recycled bullshit is still bullshit, just in case you were wondering.

Optimally this would always be true.

Recall that in October 2001, Republicans and Democrats overwhelmingly approved the PATRIOT Act, which blatantly voilated a citizens Fourth Amendment right. The PATRIOT Act gave the government power to conduct searches without due process. (Trap & Trace seizures, and Wiretaps) G.W. Bush signed it into law.

So government CAN and HAS passed laws which are in clear violation of the US Constitution. The thing is, nobody batted an eye. Civil Rights groups should have immediately challenged the Act, and demanded that the U.S. Supreme Court place a cease and desist injunction on the Act.

But nothing.

So if republicans would vote for the PATRIOT Act, why wouldn't they also vote for the U.N. Small Arms Treaty . . . You know . . . as a part of "sensible" gun control?

Recycled bullshit is still bullshit, just in case you were wondering.

This thread is not about a International Gun Ban Treaty.

This thread is about the U.N. Small Arms Treaty which provides that the US give up the names and addresses of gun owners in the US to foreign law-makers.

This provision violates our right to keep and bear arms. There is no reason whatsoever why foreigners should know the names and addresses of American gun owners.

Here is the clause of the Act which grants access to "end-user" info

Article 11

Reporting, Record Keeping and Transparency

"Each State Party shall maintain records in accordance with its national laws and regardless of the items referred to in Article 2, Paragraph A, with regards to conventional arms authorization or exports, and where feasible of those items transferred to their territory as the final destination, or that are authorized to transit or transship their territory, respectively. Such records may contain: quantity, value, model/type, authorized arms transfers, arms actually transferred, details of exporting State(s), recipient State(s), and end users as appropriate."

Last edited:
This thread is not about a International Gun Ban Treaty.

This thread is about the U.N. Small Arms Treaty which provides that the US give up the names and addresses of gun owners in the US to foreign law-makers.

This provision violates our right to keep and bear arms. There is no reason whatsoever why foreigners should know the names and addresses of American gun owners.

The NSA should be able to help.

Back
Top Bottom