• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

U.N. Secretary-General demands Israel lift Gaza blockade

Phantom

John Schnatter 2012
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
You know how its a universal law that without it life is not possible, that Everything has a pro and a con, its strange how Israel always seems as a con..By that logic we should be seeing rips in the space time continuum as the baisc law of existence just...phailed..

Now back to topic, the UN is like that one girl in class that is quiet till a teacher she hates does something and then she jumps up and gets all loud and proud and condemems..

YouTube - ‫

huzza for censorship..But saying the holocust never happened...that cool :roll:

the UN has become useless ever-since the end of the 50's

Israel is obliged to the security of its people before it is obliged to the orders of this mentally challenged buffoon.

That being said, I can't see the "news" part here.
Ban ki-Moon has been calling for the lifting of the blockade for quite a long time now.

Last edited:
The U.N should pack up and move to Iran or some other terriorist loving country, and the U.S should stop contributing to them.

Heh...

It's funny how people hate the UN when the U.S. and Western powers are the ones that formed its charter, and the U.S. is the biggest financial contributor. Make no mistake, the UN serves your country's agenda just like it serves the agendas of others. The vocal hate of the UN reminds me of people who shout "judical activism" whenever the supreme court makes a ruling they don't like. Your country made the UN and made the very rules that it continues to skirt around.

Heh...

It's funny how people hate the UN when the U.S. and Western powers are the ones that formed its charter, and the U.S. is the biggest financial contributor. Make no mistake, the UN serves your country's agenda just like it serves the agendas of others. The vocal hate of the UN reminds me of people who shout "judical activism" whenever the supreme court makes a ruling they don't like. Your country made the UN and made the very rules that it continues to skirt around.
The fact that we are funding the UN is no argument. The U.S funds a lot of usless organizations. The sad part is once the funding starts it is impossible to stop. I realize we are stuck with the UN but we don't have to like it. Now maybe someplace like Canada would welcome them with open arms?

The blockade of Gaza started because Israel was being attacked from Gaza. Israel has a right to security. If the blockade is lifted arms will flow into Gaza and Israel will once again be under attack.

The fact that we are funding the UN is no argument. The U.S funds a lot of usless organizations. The sad part is once the funding starts it is impossible to stop. I realize we are stuck with the UN but we don't have to like it. Now maybe someplace like Canada would welcome them with open arms?

Canada lives up to its commitments.

The US provides 22% of the entire funding for the UN. and there are 192 United Nations member states..... seems we are doing more than our fair share, and we shouldn't. Our fair share would be
.052%.

I wonder what the rent on that building is worth? :2wave:

The blockade of Gaza started because Israel was being attacked from Gaza. Israel has a right to security. If the blockade is lifted arms will flow into Gaza and Israel will once again be under attack.

So why not allow ships laden with humanitarian aid through while turning away ships with arms?

Canada lives up to its commitments.

:rofl Canada contributes 2.977% of the total UN funding..... still more than your share. :mrgreen:

So why not allow ships laden with humanitarian aid through while turning away ships with arms?

Let me guess...... you look at the side of the ship and if it says "ARMS SHIP" you don't let it in?

I think Israel should remove the blockade. I don't see how this blockade is going help create a solution to the conflict. Unless, Israel believe that the solution is to get rid of all the Palistinians by starving them to death.

Let me guess...... you look at the side of the ship and if it says "ARMS SHIP" you don't let it in?

Well since Israel has shown no qualms about boarding ships in international waters to search them, then I don't really see how an expectation that ship would be searched before being allowed through the blockade would be that great a leap in logic. :roll:

So let me guess...you didn't bother to think that one through, did you?

Canada contributes 2.977% of the total UN funding..... still more than your share. :mrgreen:

I'm talking about the mission in Afghanistan, among other things.

If you can find one instance where Canada has backed out of a UN commitment, please find it so I can know.

Technically that's what happening.
But in order to know which ship carries humanitarian aid and which carries arms you need to board and inspect the ship first.

I think Israel should remove the blockade. I don't see how this blockade is going help create a solution to the conflict. Unless, Israel believe that the solution is to get rid of all the Palistinians by starving them to death.

The blockade's purpose it to provide security for the Israeli citizens, not to provide a solution to the conflict.
The two-states soltuion is a solution to the conflict, cutting supplies to a territory governed by a terrorist organization is not.

Israel is the size of Rhode Island. There are 20 muslim nations around them that all want them dead and gone. Screw Gaza and the a-hole palestinians. They can find a new area to live. Israel has every right to block them after constantly getting attacked by them!

Back
Top Bottom