• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

U.N. Panel Issues Stark Climate-Change Warning

Can you imagine being so blinded by ideology that you would draw something this silly?

If society did what you people wanted billions would die in under 2 years.
Please don’t try to guilt me when you ignorantly demand an environmental agenda that would usher the worst genocide in human history

Post the web addresses, so I can see the reports myself.
That is the link to GISS, here is RSS,
They are datasets not reports, and update each month, you look at July 2021, vs past July’s.

Climate change is climate change.

Air pollution is air pollution.

Globalists are globalists.

Lying thieves are lying thieves.

The FACTS of the CLIMATE matter are these:

Earth's climate was about a degree warmer 8000 years ago.
Earth's climate was about equal to today 5000 years ago.
The coldest point of the Holocene was in the 1800's when the Climastrologists started the vaunted "Instrument Record".
The Earth's climate, after the warming we have experienced of late, is about smack dab in the middle of the temperature range established over the last 9000-10,000 years.
The glaciers that are melting today, but still present, in Glacier National Park did not START to form until 7000 years ago when the cooling period leading to today's relatively cool temperatures was in process.

Every interglacial over the last 400,000 years has been warmer than the warmest Holocene Temperature that was 8000 years back.

Today's warming is not unprecedented, not unusual and not unnatural.
Who am I to believe; an internet nobody who has no qualifications in climatology but a lot of opinions, or a panel of experts with a lifetime of experience in their respective fields. Tough choice, right?
Question; has the Montreal Protocol, the most important environmental initiative this century ratified by every country on earth, including Reagan's conservative administration, been successful?
Question; why was it initiated?

The planet is right now about smack dab in the middle of a two degree temperature vacillation we've enjoyed for about 10,000 years.

Everyone agrees that the current interglacial will end in about 5000 or 6000 years.

It's obvious that the ICE is being supplanted by the EV's. Whatever problem(s) is created by the emission of Anthropogenic CO2, those emissions will reduce in the very near future with no draconian regulation.

The only places where coal is STILL being used as a primary and expanding source of power are places excluded from any Paris Accord mandates to reduce Carbon Emissions.

You are being duped by propagandists lying to you.

IF proponents are demanding that they get paid but that their efforts cannot be measured for effectiveness, they are very likely stealing from you and using lies to do so.

The only difference between a used car salesman and an AGW Scientist is the wardrobe. The Used Car Salesman dresses better.
And what is the purpose and end game of this alleged propaganda we are being duped by? I mean, there must be a reason for this global conspiracy of thousands of scientists, right?

Yes because records only go back reliably a century and a warming period is associated with gains in human civilizations development.

if you didn’t adopt the climate change religion you literally could not point to a sine thing in your life that’s worse because of climate. It’s because you impose this ideology which is harming your mental health that you see this as a problem
Since when has scientific fact been an 'ideology'? If you know nothing about climate change (clearly), don't be embarrassed to ask.

Can you imagine being so blinded by ideology that you would draw something this silly?

If society did what you people wanted billions would die in under 2 years.
Please don’t try to guilt me when you ignorantly demand an environmental agenda that would usher the worst genocide in human history
Defensive cluelessness ^

I actually didn’t accuse you regarding the rheems of junk science. I made the general observation that global warming deniers did. There‘s still a bit of that out there.

I don’t know about solar shingles. One of the things the utility and extraction industries have been successful at is running scare campaigns aimed at local fire departments to scare them about being on a solar roof. Which is why many jurisdictions have building codes that limit the maximum percentage of area solar panels can occupy on a roof.

A temporary halt on new oil and gas leases does not equate stopping fracking. But it does slow down the Teapot Dome type effort the trump regime was engaged in by giving away natural resources to the fracking industry.

Fracking oil is high cost oil. Low grade, high production costs. Canadian oil shale has effectively been priced out of the global market, making the Keystone pipeline superfluous.

Fracking is next, unless natural gas prices in the US rise.

The article you posted on batteries and hype is almost six years old, and thoroughly out of date. Reality has already rendered its conclusions moot.

As I understand it, fracking is freeing up gas as well as oil.

Gas is then available to replace coal which is a huge step forward in cleaning up the air. Moving away from coal by almost any means seems like a step in the right direction.

The first house I owned had a long room in the basement where the coal was kept. The floor and walls were still infused with coal dust.

Whatever the method, moving our energy sourcing out of the Middle East is a good idea. Energy is not simply a method to pollute the air. It also seems to have become an instrument of global political influence and control.

TODAY'S sources of energy are very likely going to cause confused interest for those in the very near future.

Just as we look back 60 years astonished that a river in Ohio caught fire, so those who live in 2080 will likely look back on today amazed that cars or electric generation produced any emissions at all.

Of course, when that happens, the reduced particulates in the air may be allowing so much additional radiation from the Sun to hit the ground that our grandchildren's kids will be wishing for a little more shade.

I suppose we could start planting trees now to answer their possible need. Everyone like a good shade tree. ;)

Pumped hydro can work well, but requires both topology and water.
I think we need to address our net metering laws, before solar can really take off.
The prices have fallen to the point that simple grid assists makes economic sense, but
in many places the Utilities are pushing back against new solar installs.
We need to rules to attach to the utilities private property, to be of benefit to both solar homeowner as well as utility.
Home batteries like a power wall are a good way of helping, but add to the cost of a system.
You are making the case for publicly owned electric utilities, instead of profit-making utilities that have an incentive to keep customers buying power from them instead of making it with solar.

Another bad day for Luddites.

Afghanistan have been hard hit by climate change and it have helped to strengthen the Taliban.

"Rural Afghanistan has been rocked by climate change. The past three decades have brought floods and drought that have destroyed crops and left people hungry. And the Taliban — likely without knowing climate change was the cause — has taken advantage of that pain.

While agriculture is a source of income for more than 60% of Afghans, more than 80% of conflicts in the country are linked to natural resources, according to a joint study by the World Food Programme, the United Nations Environment Program and Afghanistan's National Environmental Protection Agency. In 2019, Afghanistan ranked sixth in the world for countries most impacted by climate change, according to the Germanwatch Global Climate Risk Index."

That climate change is a security threat that contribute to conflicts and instability all across the world.

Back
Top Bottom